Archived my random rants. i really need to vent. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandfather was in the Navy during WW2.
He used to use the term SNAFU (Situation Normal All F ucked Up), mostly when referring to some of the more idiotic orders that came from the top.
Still he followed the orders as long as they didn't get anyone killed.

Target is not the military, a stupid or inane order doesn't deserve automatic respect just for the few bucks an hour they pay us.
Dek you have every right to rant, that's what most of us are here for.
We listen and raise a glass in support.

Last edited:
Also Prime you obviously haven't worked long at Target if at all (and this is by you explicitly stating it when you joined and the overall vagueness of the company in the content of your posts) so before you start criticizing others I suggest you work in the company for a few months. If you think prior experience (military or otherwise) counts for knowing what to do in target, you are going to be sadly mistaken.

Taking orders is one thing. Taking orders that don't make any sense in the world is another.

Lol @ thinking taking orders that don't make sense doesn't apply to the military. Oh the stories I could tell you... and fyi military orders that don't make sense get people killed, at Target it's just annoying.

Think before you post, trust me, I learned that one the hard way (or rather, don't post when you drink).

I don't recall a fight involving alloverthefloor (who hasn't been posting for that long). Are you thinking of naterstx? Or perhaps albusmc, was SoT involved in that one?

And yes, let's try to get along. This community is for learning, sharing, and helping others, not flame wars.
I thought his named was changed or something. Got a lil confused... cant search posts on mobile as well as desktop ;)

Last edited:
My grandfather was in the Navy during WW2.
He used to use the term SNAFU (Situation Normal All F ucked Up), mostly when referring to some of the more idiotic orders that came from the top.

Target is not the military, a stupid or inane order doesn't deserve automatic respect just for the few bucks an hour they pay us.
Dek you have every right to rant, that's what most of us are here for.
We listen and raise a glass in support.

I can definately relate to anyone who is in the service or has family in the service. I used to be a volunteer crossing guard in a town with a population of 49 people. I know what it's like to sacrifice and serve, and I know what it's like to follow stupid orders that can get civilians killed. Too much bureacracy involved in that S***, too much politics, I just wanted to do my thing...I lost so many good men at that intersection.

And the truth hurts.

Suck it up. Your job is easy. Venting is fine, but realize you have a job to do and that job is to follow instructions, not *****.

I'll be willing to bet my entire life savings that you're a troll sent by corporate to post every ounce of bull**** you have n this forum. In that case, F*CK YOU.

My grandfather was in the Navy during WW2

Kudos to your grandfather for joining the service during a time of war. I salute him and every veteran that has done the same. remember everyone else: those vets protect our right to b*tch about our civilian lives.

You are being paid, correct? So if your leader wants you to tear it down to put it right back up then do it; you are being paid for it. You have a job that is relatively simple... follow instructions and earn a paycheck for following instructions. He was put into a position higher than you for a specific purpose... doesnt mean you have to like it, but you should follow the orders of those appointed over you.

Venting is fine but don't go over board with it.
This isn't a company-sanctioned site. Never has been so this IS the place to vent.
Target expects us to do our job well & take pride in our work so this kind of cr@p flies in the face of it.
Venting is one of the pillars of this site & it's a d@mn sight better than someone going postal at work so stick a sock in it or don't open the thread.

You are being paid, correct? So if your leader wants you to tear it down to put it right back up then do it; you are being paid for it. You have a job that is relatively simple... follow instructions and earn a paycheck for following instructions. He was put into a position higher than you for a specific purpose... doesnt mean you have to like it, but you should follow the orders of those appointed over you.

Oh please tell me what your position is. I am willing to bet you are a brand new ETL or an intern because the amount of bull**** you talk is astounding.

Dek is in a position where he has to not only listen, as you say, but also make decisions for his team and the store. If he sees something about to happen or gets instructions to do something that is going to be an obstacle then he has the right to question it or vent about it. He stated that he was not given enough hours to complete the workload, they got the set complete and then had to take it down. That is a waste of payroll, that is a blow to morale and it causes double, triple or quadruple work. He knows he has an upcoming workload to complete and plans for it so it can be productive and profitable. Now he has to go back and complete something that was already finished, stress his team even more, take flak from his leaders and peers on why something isn't finished. ...I don't even feel like typing any more to you because I don't think you'll get it. Just make sure you do zero thinking when you're at work and only follow instructions!

I can definately relate to anyone who is in the service or has family in the service. I used to be a volunteer crossing guard in a town with a population of 49 people. I know what it's like to sacrifice and serve, and I know what it's like to follow stupid orders that can get civilians killed. Too much bureacracy involved in that S***, too much politics, I just wanted to do my thing...I lost so many good men at that intersection.

Such disrespect

I agree to a point. I'm a believer of the Peter Principle (The Peter Principle is a belief that in an organization where promotion is based on achievement, success, and merit, that organization's members will eventually be promoted beyond their level of ability. The principle is commonly phrased, "employees tend to rise to their level of incompetence." ) I also think that if leadership puts you in a position of wasting payroll, not working toward the overall company best interest, and/or not following Best Practice you have a responsibility to challenge upward. Do the job, but let someone at the next level know that this is going on if it is a consistent pattern.

Truth hurts. The majority of you people are whiners; you just need to realize your job is to shut up, do as you're told and earn your wage.

Truth hurts. The majority of you people are whiners; you just need to realize your job is to shut up, do as you're told and earn your wage.

Ah, Mr Trolly troll mctroll troll troll troll please slow your roll.

It doesn't hurt to be a strong guy with strong opinions or even love yourself some Spot.
You can have yourself a major Spot suck off every night if you want to, just swallow gallons of the white stuff mixed with the yummy KoolAid but ..

please don't tell me to shut up and do what I am told.
I work for Spot to pay my bills, because where I live it's what available.
To put my daughters through school, to put food on the table and keep the AC on.
I don't work to make Spot happy or to be their slave.
When you hire me you get a package that comes with some faults and I like to think some very useful tools.
They are getting way more than they are paying for
You don't know the life I have lived or the experiences I have had and my patience with your bluster and braggadocio is wearing a tad bit thin.

Last edited:
The majority of you are whiners; you're overpaid you think? There is a reason you're stuck in the position you're in. Advance, progress, succeed. If not... do you're job and be grateful you have the job. Part of that job?

Doing as you're told.

The majority of you are whiners; you're overpaid you think? There is a reason you're stuck in the position you're in. Advance, progress, succeed. If not... do you're job and be grateful you have the job. Part of that job?

Doing as you're told.

Despite the fact I do not work at spot anymore, I can still reply with this:

1) I'm not overpaid for what I do, in fact I am grossly underpaid for the amount of work I do and the **** I put up with.
2) There is a reason I'm stuck in the position I am in. There's not an open spot for advancement at my store and several others within reasonable driving distance of the C store I am working at now. I'm busting my ass to get my boss to notice me (hell I got a 20 cent raise recently!). I've even told him I am willing to help out at other stores in the district if need be.
3) Advance, progress, succeed: that's exactly why I am busting my ass.
4) I'm not particularly grateful at all that I have this job, it's something to pay the bills right now, but if I rise up in the company (and I will), then I will enjoy it more. I'm going for long term success
5) How about you do as you're told, i.e. shut the **** up?

oh, by the way, you seem like you're full of yourself and deserve the world. there's a term for people like you among retail/c-store employees: "entitlement whore"

That is exactly what you are acting like right now.

You're more than welcome to your completely uniformed and false presumptions. In the mean time I hope you succeed in getting noticed; work for the position you want not the position you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back