Archived my random rants. i really need to vent. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
after setting all of mini seasonal over the last week or so, our stl had us tear it down. 340 hours this week on the calendar, with 200 hours of payroll, and you frickin' want me to tear it down to flex other stuff THE DAY AFTER WE FINISH IT. another whole day behind because of you. i hate desk jockeys.

thank you for calling out other various workcenters. today three of my tm were pulled to be electronics, guest service, and backroom. hey. we didn't have the payroll for you to pull them, but go ahead... . i'm sure you'll help us push tomorrow.

thank you spineless stl for hiding in your car to call the dtl because you wanted your little friend to move up. its amazing to me how someone goes from nonrehirable to tm to etl in less than three months without a position even being open until you created it. yeah. we know you set the whole thing up. and when you recap things, don't lie and throw tm under the bus to make yourself look better because you're the one who screwed up.

thank you etl-hr for being a complete pushover and the rest of the execs know that they can do whatever they want and you're not strong enough to stand up for the team. remember---the same team you're throwing to the wolves will be the same team that won't have your back when it hits the fan.

with all the new changes, i'm beginning to see the rats jump ship here. i'm debating--swim with the fishes or stay with the sharks. maybe i just need a beer.

I really wish people who were upset would refrain from threatening (or saying they are "thinking about") quitting their job.

In all the years I spent with Target, I heard someone swear they would quit because X happened or if X didn't happen almost once a week. 99.99% of the time they never follow through.

We had one TM who literally told everyone "this was the day" she was going to quit nearly every day for *4 years*. Never quit. I will never forget a new TL we had.... one day he came over to me and said "Well, looks like we are losing <TMs name>" I was like "Why? What happened?"

He told me "She just told me she was quitting today!". I was literally LOL at him. I told him that particular TM was going to quit "today" 4 years ago. He told me "Uh... trust me she was serious. She will be gone soon" I was like "yea ok. You'll learn the ropes soon enough" (he was a new TL from out of the company)

About a year later I remembered our little conversation when the same TM was there swearing that she was going to quit ASAP. He told me he should have listened to me.

The saddest part about that TM? Eventually ETLs/TLs realized she never was going to quit no matter how bad things got for her. Eventually some ETLs/TLs took advantage of this and gave her the worst jobs possible, as well as didn't even make an effort to act nice to her. (part of the reason was that they were annoyed she had such a negative attitude also) This same TM is still working at my old store today, and when I come in for my monthly visits she always tells me on the side she is going to be quitting soon. I just tell her "you should" (because honestly they do treat her bad), but I know she won't.

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't threaten (or imply) that you are going to quit unless you are 100% going to follow through. Otherwise, it just makes you look bad in the end.

Or, Dek, you could use this site to vent as many of us do. I wish I could say you could vent without fear of retribution, but alas, that is apparently not the case.

I know it may reveal too much, but I am extremely curious as to your STLs justification for tearing down mini, if you are up for sharing. I feel your pain, while the issues going on at my store have not made me think of quitting, they are far from good. I am grateful though, because it has motivated me to take advantage of Target's tuition reimbursement and go back to school, which is also the reason I'm not thinking of quitting. I have 3 semesters to go! Then, hopefully, I can leave forever (or become and ETL...choices choices, haha) Good luck!

I'm thinking of transferring to another store. Maybe if I work at a normal pace, they wouldn't expect much from me.

after setting all of mini seasonal over the last week or so, our stl had us tear it down. 340 hours this week on the calendar, with 200 hours of payroll, and you frickin' want me to tear it down to flex other stuff THE DAY AFTER WE FINISH IT. another whole day behind because of you. i hate desk jockeys.

thank you for calling out other various workcenters. today three of my tm were pulled to be electronics, guest service, and backroom. hey. we didn't have the payroll for you to pull them, but go ahead... . i'm sure you'll help us push tomorrow.

thank you spineless stl for hiding in your car to call the dtl because you wanted your little friend to move up. its amazing to me how someone goes from nonrehirable to tm to etl in less than three months without a position even being open until you created it. yeah. we know you set the whole thing up. and when you recap things, don't lie and throw tm under the bus to make yourself look better because you're the one who screwed up.

thank you etl-hr for being a complete pushover and the rest of the execs know that they can do whatever they want and you're not strong enough to stand up for the team. remember---the same team you're throwing to the wolves will be the same team that won't have your back when it hits the fan.

with all the new changes, i'm beginning to see the rats jump ship here. i'm debating--swim with the fishes or stay with the sharks. maybe i just need a beer.

I think I can help...

There's no need to be upset...it appears you have gotten your jimmies rustled.

I don't even trip when target does crap like this at my store. It's not like they can hold you accountable...atleast at my store...the leadership has a slogan..."there's nothing we can do about it!"

You are being paid, correct? So if your leader wants you to tear it down to put it right back up then do it; you are being paid for it. You have a job that is relatively simple... follow instructions and earn a paycheck for following instructions. He was put into a position higher than you for a specific purpose... doesnt mean you have to like it, but you should follow the orders of those appointed over you.

Venting is fine but don't go over board with it.

Hope you don't share this rant at work. If you're store is anything like mine word spreads like wild fire. People with a day off learn of things within 10 minutes after something happens. If your STL learns of it, he/she would probably cut your Jacob's off and put'em in a jar. Hope things get better mate.

You are being paid, correct? So if your leader wants you to tear it down to put it right back up then do it; you are being paid for it. You have a job that is relatively simple... follow instructions and earn a paycheck for following instructions. He was put into a position higher than you for a specific purpose... doesnt mean you have to like it, but you should follow the orders of those appointed over you.

Venting is fine but don't go over board with it.

Troll post is troll.

And the truth hurts.

Suck it up. Your job is easy. Venting is fine, but realize you have a job to do and that job is to follow instructions, not *****.

Except you're on a website specifically to have a place to vent where people know what you are talking about but don't work at your store so you don't have to worry about the downside of saying what you mean at your own store. It's a forum. Let him blow off some steam. This is not real life.

Blowing off steam is fine, but do it in a constructive manner. This is straight up whining and complaining about doing his assigned task. Instead of being a problem be a solution.

Blowing off steam is fine, but do it in a constructive manner. This is straight up whining and complaining about doing his assigned task. Instead of being a problem be a solution.

i have to be constructive all day long. i can't complain at work because it would hurt my teams morale. i am the problem solver, and things build up. that's why i like to come here and indulge when i've had a very strenuous week. that being said...
if my venting on an anonymous website bothers you, then may i suggest that you do NOT open the thread that says "my random rants. i really need to vent. thanks". may i suggest viewing "my random rant. i really need to hear your opinion because it will greatly affect how i perceive my usefulness at work and cause me to achieve greatness through the sheer wisdom of your experience. thanks.".

Also, state, being afraid of looking bad because i was entertaining the thought of leaving never crossed my mind. i don't threaten. once again, venting. but, for all your posts about leaving target and anyone can do it, you're sure as heck here every day posting about a job i thought you left months ago. so, kindly get off my back.

mods, feel free to delete my thread. i didnt know it was going to be offensive venting. i guess the koolaid has seeped. peace out guys!

I don't think he was whining at all. It would tick me off if I spent a lot of time on a project only to be told to tear it down. Maybe if they (STL) told him why it could have helped. Sure we are all getting paid, however being respected at work is just as important. I use this place to vent too. We have all had those days, some of us more than others. It was even announced in the title of his post "I really need to vent, Thanks" I don't think he was looking for validation of how he felt. Sometimes you just need to say it before you explode.

leadership is a joke at my store atleast, if I was Instructed to bang my head against the wall or lay down in traffic...I wouldn't do it because I was getting paid and my idiot stl is suppose to tell me what to do :)

Also Prime you obviously haven't worked long at Target if at all (and this is by you explicitly stating it when you joined and the overall vagueness of the company in the content of your posts) so before you start criticizing others I suggest you work in the company for a few months. If you think prior experience (military or otherwise) counts for knowing what to do in target, you are going to be sadly mistaken.

Taking orders is one thing. Taking orders that don't make any sense in the world is another.

Yes its great to have a job and be paid. But who wants to micro-managed, and forced to waste payroll on a worthless project. Its the job of a TM to provide a presentable store and guest service. Who is going to provide guest service when the entire salesfloor team is being asked to tear down a set of aisles.

I am with you dek

Also Prime you obviously haven't worked long at Target if at all (and this is by you explicitly stating it when you joined and the overall vagueness of the company in the content of your posts) so before you start criticizing others I suggest you work in the company for a few months. If you think prior experience (military or otherwise) counts for knowing what to do in target, you are going to be sadly mistaken.

Taking orders is one thing. Taking orders that don't make any sense in the world is another.

Hey break room family...this is how that other fight with state of target and naterstx started...let's not go that route..

-Love your friendly Neighborhood Tps/Cart attendant.

Yes I'm on break and bored..

Last edited:
Hey break room family...this is how that other fight with state of target and alloverthefloor started...let's not go that route..

-Love your friendly Neighborhood Tps/Cart attendant.

Yes I'm on break and bored..

I don't recall a fight involving alloverthefloor (who hasn't been posting for that long). Are you thinking of naterstx? Or perhaps albusmc, was SoT involved in that one?

And yes, let's try to get along. This community is for learning, sharing, and helping others, not flame wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back