Archived my store has paper bags as an option. does anyone elses store have this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my town we have 5 stores all pretty close to one another. but my store is the only one that has paper bags as an option. i was shopping at one of the other stores once and i had forgotten my reusable bags, i asked for a paper bag instead of plastic and the cashier looked at me like i was crazy. also my store does the 5 cent credit for each re usable bag you bring.

We do the 5 cent credit for re-usable bags, but we don't have paper bags as an option...yet.

my store has been open for 5 years now. its funny cause on one of our entrances we still have a "now open" sign up.

I thought you could get paper bags at all Supers. I know it isn't a GM thing...not sure about pfresh.

Love the paper bags at Target! They are nice and sturdy. Love them for taking heavy stuff to Goodwill.

I noticed that on the HELP menu, you can request paper bags whether your store has them or not. If I remember correctly, it's HELP > K1 Bring Me > K2 Paper Bags.

My P-Fresh only has plastic bags. Only store near me with decent paper bags is Wegmans.

My super only has plastic. But as long as it gets recycled, what's the difference if you use paper or plastic?

A few stores in my district are in cities with plastic bags being banned. They offer paper bags for 10 cents each.

You used to be able to order paper bags on TIPP, so maybe somebody made a mistake and ordered the wrong item?

Paper is far less destructive compared to plastic as far as general litter goes. Unfortunately, the process of making them is still pretty polluting. I live in a city that bans plastic and I will say that it's nice to see way less plastic just hanging around the ditches and streets. Plus, you can use the paper to just dump recyclables in and then throw the whole thing in the bin when it's full.

A few stores in my district are in cities with plastic bags being banned. They offer paper bags for 10 cents each.

My city "banned" plastic bags. We can still use them we just charge 5 cents per bag. For some reason I get happy charging the 5 cents per bag to guests who piss me off.

My city "banned" plastic bags. We can still use them we just charge 5 cents per bag. For some reason I get happy charging the 5 cents per bag to guests who piss me off.

I would love this...but my guess is that guests then want even more input to how their stuff gets bagged...and I don't know if I would have the patience for that.

I would love this...but my guess is that guests then want even more input to how their stuff gets bagged...and I don't know if I would have the patience for that.

Surprisingly, they don't complain about how their stuff gets bagged

Paper is far less destructive compared to plastic as far as general litter goes. Unfortunately, the process of making them is still pretty polluting. I live in a city that bans plastic and I will say that it's nice to see way less plastic just hanging around the ditches and streets. Plus, you can use the paper to just dump recyclables in and then throw the whole thing in the bin when it's full.

Yep! That's what I do with my recycling. Use a paper bag to collect and toss the whole thing in the bin. Works like a charm. :)

I had a lady complain today about her placemats not being flat in the big bag she made me put them in. Because they were going to get wrinkled.

It's target people. Target.

And they were how she asked them to be... She stood there for a minute or two rearranging how they were stacked in the bag.

I'd be into charging at times too.

And stop ripping bags off yourself people, ASK and I will give you the ones torn off that are crap.

I don't understand the hate of plastics. How many people reuse their plastic Target bags? I would say a lot. I use them as bags for trash cans in my bathroom and to carry my lunch. And just think of how many people that rely on plastics in their lives. The people who have artificial legs or arms. People that have hearing aids. Yeah, plastic may be bad for the environment but so are cars and planes yet no one wants to ban them.

No one who is rational is claiming to ban plastic, don't be so overdramatic. Its is concerning though that modern society is so focused on cheap consumptions and waste with bags. Plastic has terrible decomposing timelines and is an environmental and aesthetic hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back