myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

I dont know if you have anything to do with epick but some BASIC FUNCTIONALITY MISSING is an undo button for INF/mis scans, a back button, and a "go here" button to skip ahead to a location without clicking skip 20 times.
It's slightly off-topic, but yes. ePick needs some love. Being able to click on an item in the task list to skip ahead to it would be amazing, as would a more informative name for the products you're looking for. Also, why does it still link to myWork when myDay is meant to be the go-to app now?

Audit is in even rougher shape, although being able to see much product came in on the last delivery date would be useful to know through ePick as well.

I think I mentioned something like this in the myday thread. I'd love to see quantities in item details as well as a returned date
I’ll make a note of that, too.
@HQWireless I'll keep saying it. A way in myday to contact you all directly with bugs/suggestions instead of having to post here. I don't mean a google form either, I mean like a way we can communicate back and forth about bugs.
Without speaking to future functionality, as I can’t do, all I can say to this is I agree, and we shall see what comes in the future.
cue 2,000 instant messages at the same time.

😬
So it goes. My job is to make stuff for you all, and I love the IMs.

I realize there’s a lot of “I’ll make a note” coming from me and ask that you believe I’m doing this, but remember HQ is a big, complicated place that can move at a pace that maybe isn’t what you’d prefer. I’ll post back what I can when I know it.

I've submitted feedback on the backstock thing in myDay, several times. Used to be you didn't need a backstock button at all--in myWork if you were in the item screen you just scanned a backroom location and it asked you how many you were backstocking. That was handy. Either that or a button is fine, but I agree that the back and forth on the item/backstock screen adds so much time to backstocking, zoning, cleaning up the back room, etc.

Alternately, having the ability to pull items from backroom locations as part of the backstock screen would also help. Sometimes locations will have one of an item or something and I look to consolidate items into backroom locations (or sometimes you just want to move an item to a better backroom location) but having to go out of the backstock screen, to the fill/scan screen, scan the item, take it, then go back to the menu, then the backstock screen, just to move one item is really time consuming, so it makes it not worth the bother in most cases.

@HQWireless I don't know if posting in this thread goes against the terms I was given, but seeing as this thread is constantly on the first page, I would like to say I appreciate you taking into action, my suggestion from the call, to be more transparent with feedback. Hopefully this was the direction you were given, and not on your own accord, which would probably quickly come to an end like it usually does. While you probably could tell I don't do the best speaking to people, I took my time to gather my thoughts into coherent sentences.

Many people do not know the experiences I have been having in the background that I have not really said much about. I created myStore originally as a replacement to myPOG, another unofficial Team Member app where the author was swiftly hired into Corporate without anything replacing the app. At the time, the problem still stood where there were not enough devices for each team member. While that was quickly remedied shortly after, myStore became a game to see just what systems I could get in to and create useful tools for Team Members, and myself, along the way. I had many years of experience reverse engineering World of Warcraft, and HQ Trivia, so it was pretty easy to me. Another Headquarters Team Member contacted my Store Director, and was impressed on how much I was able to do in a short period of time. Now I didn't expect to be given a job, but I would not pass down being offered to do what I enjoyed doing. Years, hundreds of emails, four conference calls, and many applications later, I was no closer than I was in the first place. Two main things I noticed that extremely hindered my chances were not having a college degree, and my location not being in Minneapolis.

I really gave up and just focused on creating great applications for Team Members, eventually creating mySchedule, which offered many features that Kronos did not offer, like biometric login, and being able to view backwards in your schedule. Swiftly I was contacted to immediately take down mySchedule and myStore, although eventually putting the latter back up with the Target logo removed. Nothing really happened until recently where HRBP had a meeting with me, asking about myStore, all its features, and how it worked. I told them everything... at the end the tone quickly changed. They told me to stop using and talking about myStore. I felt tricked... I told them all these details thinking they were intrigued by how I did it, but how did I know they weren't going to use it everything I said to fix and render the app useless? An update conference call concluded in having me remove most of the barcode features because someone maliciously used the hold barcodes.

I am sure you know the removal of a crucial feature of myStore has upset many people. While it was found that the feature was being used for purposes beyond its intent, its important to note that it had many legitimate uses. For example the location barcode being scuffed in a OPU with only 5 minutes left, or pulling an item from a location you forgot to scan after you brought the Wave back to the other side of the store, or simply personalizing your cart with your initials, (many stores do this to see who is working on a order.) and favorite number. While these could be solved by being able to type in this information where it was previously only scannable, (and probably drop into a label maintenance batch.) I propose myStore can be much more.

I know you have told me the security of the network was very important, where it would be nearly impossible for a BYOD app to exist, but these apps are a staple part to many of our competitors, as seen here in the Best Buy employee app. Walmart even pays your phone bill for them to use their company apps on your own phone. (Although I disagree with them using it as an excuse to not purchase more store devices.) Perhaps something can be done for an official employee app to be created, with features such as being able to view your schedule, and clock in with a COMPLETELY hands free barcode.

Lets make great things.

Any Code 128 barcode generator I believe it is works? I used to keep one open on my phone for BR locations and hold locations etc.

Yeah like you can download a barcode generator app and generate whatever you want so idk what the problem is
I tried using a barcode generator today (that I used to use before I found out about MyStore) for a scuffed for a backroom location, and it didn't work. It just acted as though I scanned the wrong location, so they may have done something to "fix" this horrendous exploit. (And yes, I remembered to add the L to the beginning of the code.)

I tried using a barcode generator today (that I used to use before I found out about MyStore) for a scuffed for a backroom location, and it didn't work. It just acted as though I scanned the wrong location, so they may have done something to "fix" this horrendous exploit. (And yes, I remembered to add the L to the beginning of the code.)
For the one I use I now have to make sure each letter is capitalized. Never did before.

For anyone who hasnt used a barcode generator before, or at least not in awhile:
Android users can use the app "Barcode Generator" with the icon that looks like a QR code but sideways like a diamond. Saves a list of old locations, easy to use, etcetc.

Apple users...I never did find an app that could work well for y'all but there might be one now since it's been awhile, and apparently there are websites that do barcode generating.

Just make sure it's Code 128 for carts/backroom locations and type it in with capital letters and no spaces.

For anyone who hasnt used a barcode generator before, or at least not in awhile:
Android users can use the app "Barcode Generator" with the icon that looks like a QR code but sideways like a diamond. Saves a list of old locations, easy to use, etcetc.

Apple users...I never did find an app that could work well for y'all but there might be one now since it's been awhile, and apparently there are websites that do barcode generating.

Just make sure it's Code 128 for carts/backroom locations and type it in with capital letters and no spaces.
iPhone user here - I use "Barcode Generator & Scanner", the one with the rainbow looking barcode. I have it set to "code128code"
works without the "L" in front for me
No spaces, try using all caps, and try it without the L. Mine doesn't work with the L

Saw the message on the app while I was doing an OPU order and wanted to scan in a location that was missing a label.

Back to generic barcode generator it is.

@Mikuhl what if you just put a generic code 128 barcode generator in the app? They couldn’t get mad at that as otherwise they’d have to get mad at thousands of other apps

Back