myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

last i heard he still works for target but he does not want any involvement with any target-related social media/third party stuff etc

just dipped out basically
For good reason.

As much as I wish that this app was still in development it forced target into a really terrible spot.

While said TM has done remarkable work arguably better work than those working on myDay, the TM was doing work related tasks while being unpaid. That is a HUGE possibility of a lawsuit on Targets end. That’s why when you go on training it says “Hourly Team Members under no circumstances should complete trainings while not on the clock” thats paraphrasing but you get what I mean.

While to my knowledge Target didn’t Care too much about it. Scalpers came along. With the myStore app showing the on hand counts scalpers knew how many PS5s and XBoxes each store had at this caught targets attention.

What I think Target did was they asked the Dev to change the on hand API from the ones myDevices use to the ones those little inventory checkers use.

Since that happened Target wanted a solid chunk of the features disabled. I think this really killed all motivation to progress on the app plus there is a developer fee to host your apps on the App Store and its 100 dollars and if you scroll up high enough you’ll see how they didn’t want to pay it and didn’t want to fundraise it not to flag any alarms.

They tried to help out TMs and make our jobs easier but it ended them with a kinda slap in the face. This is just me putting pieces together I could be wrong about some/all of this.

Much better search capabilities and bar code generation for all standard Target needs.
It is honestly crazy to me how TERRIBLE the search is on the Zebras. The thing that I LOVED about myStore in electronics was that it was so helpful and easy to find apple watches.

The way it used to work is you’d look up the series the guest would want to lets say a series 6 Apple Watch . From there you can change the size and the color to see if you had it in stock or not. Plus as you changed the variants of it it generates a barcode. Said barcode could be scanned on your myDevice to goto the back and pull it. It made my work flow SO much better and I really wish target allows for a “Variant of this item” feature. For example, In clothing if a guest asks for something in another size you can go into variants and select that. In my case different versions of an Apple Watch.

While I‘m making a wishlist for target I for the love of god wish that they just give us the barcode of the DPCI in the Target app. Like its really not that hard to do and would ONLY benefit us And I guarantee guests wouldn’t even notice it.

EDIT: I forgot To mention. Target already has this code written for this variant. It’s on the my checkout devices, It is literally just a matter of importing it into myDay.

While said TM has done remarkable work arguably better work than those working on myDay, the TM was doing work related tasks while being unpaid.
Agreed.

I know that Mikuhl was trying to get myStore to be the "hey! Notice me! Hire me!" project to go into Corporate (which would've been sweet and mStore was actually otherwise a good showcase of his skills). But we all know Corporate is pretty "meh" about hiring store TMs into HQ roles — for whatever reason.

I kind of wish he'd been anonymous. That would've sent Corporate on a frenzy trying to figure out who made this cool app, and maybe it'd have lived on.

Oh I didn't know the API was closed.
He said that he used Target.com apis and not ones closed to the public. There is a developer website that can give you the inside apis, but only etls at the store level can access them and corporate as well I believe. He used the same ones that websites like popfindr use to ping .com for store inventory. Obviously his was more advanced and let you see a lot more information and it was geared towards tms and some abused the ease that the app gave. Target even restricted some of the apis since guests could see we had 5 ps5s from mystore or popfindr but we couldn't sell them until Target decided to make them orderable, which lead to guests harassing tms and a whole myriad of other issues.

i agree they should definitely have let the guy who sent mass alerts to every mydevice in the company advertising his app keep working on that app. real killjoys

I tried the app but didn't really find it useful, maybe I was using it wrong? I didn't understand how it was better than a zebra, but I guess it was for those who didn't have zebras? Hence the title of the thread lol.

honestly i used it for two things primarily: 1) search before myday because mywork search was fuckin busted and the search would give you barcodes for items, very handy at the frontend and 2) barcode generation for backroom locations when i didn't have time to reprint labels for scuffed/unscannable labels and stuff

Back