Archived Name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoomm

ex-caffeinator
I'm close to finishing up the process of legally changing my name (I didn't get married, it's just something I've thought about doing for a long time now). I don't have my new SS card or drivers' license yet, but I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for when I do have my new ID ready. Does anyone know what I'll need to show to who as far as getting my records changed at work? I asked my store HR, and they weren't sure.

I'm close to finishing up the process of legally changing my name (I didn't get married, it's just something I've thought about doing for a long time now). I don't have my new SS card or drivers' license yet, but I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for when I do have my new ID ready. Does anyone know what I'll need to show to who as far as getting my records changed at work? I asked my store HR, and they weren't sure.
The court order or marriage license (not in your case) with new drivers license and social security card should work.

That's what I figured, as that seems to be what everyone else requires (bank, credit companies, etc). HR thought I might perhaps have to fill in a new I9 as well (which I don't see the point of, but I don't have a problem doing it).

Gotta get your SSN done before anything else. DL is usually easiest, just the court order or in my case marriage license. But SSN before you change tax docs.. Or your passport.

Then it's just new forms and a call for HR to change your name in the system. You can find the steps on EHR, but you may have to do some searching.

Don't forget car titles and registrations either.. :)

Thanks. :)

I do have a list of what needs to be changed, more or less in order of importance. Thankfully, I live in a state that doesn't require seeing my new SS card before applying for my new DL (as I anticipated it might), so I'm hoping to actually get those going on the same day (SS first, just in case).

I jumped the gun a little for my American Motorcyclist Association membership. Emailed to ask how to change my info with them, and they just took my word for it, so that'll probably be the first thing I actually get with my new name on it.

eHR is down so often that I haven't been able to look anything up on it whenever I have time/remember to at home. I tend to not hang around the store extra time before or after shifts.

There is a form on Ehr you fill it out and fax it along with a copy of your new ss card or dl that shows the new name to HROC. It then takes affect within 24-48rs

Yes, I know this is an old thread now, but I did want to update it in case anyone else goes through this.

At least where I live, it was pretty easy to get my new license and SS card. Once I had those and multiple extra copies of the court order for my name change, I went to my HR folks. I only had to fill out one simple page (looked like a pretty standard "personal info change" form), and let them verify my new IDs. The form and verification from HR got sent off somewhere (presumably corporate), and everything was changed a couple of weeks later. Well, everything except my login for eHR. For some reason, that still lists my old name at the top of the page, though it doesn't seem to actually affect anything. But everything else--paystubs, schedules, time clock, etc., has my new name on it. Haven't had any issues at all.

Thanks for sharing yeah one of our old gsa has her old last name on her email even though her mytime email changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back