Archived National Falls Sale Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Bryan & fla ga are real cool. I wish I could be there. We can't keep their cd's in stock. Shakira was there, her stuff isn't too bad either.

What a complete disconnect from the Target I know.
Anyone scroll far enough to be creeped out by the random Arabic posts (think it's Arabic...could be any of a dozen languages)? Did find some from my dtl's boss...none from our stl or dtl though.

My store apparently was top in group for RedCards.

I saw Tina's (Executive vice president, chief store officer) Twitter: Tina (@Tina_M_Tyler) | Twitter She refers to herself as "Daddy's girl" on this? That's...odd.

Who wants to play the game of "guess how many of these people hooked up while they were at the meeting"?
I'd rather play "guess how many pass the same std around" lol. Or how many now need plan b...

I'm fairly certain a good chunk of this was already booked months in advance.

All I think when this is mentioned is mutual back patting session. "Hey Bob, I heard your store cut an extra 400 hours this month. I bet that pushed some employees under the poverty line. Now that's a real vibe moment! What are you going to do with that bonus? Really? You're going to go to Jamaica again? Boring. You should try southeast Asia."

"Thanks Brett. Yeah, it took some changing the schedule after it was posted, in fact, sometimes the day before. But who gives a damn shit? I sure as hell don't. Let'm eat cake and all that crap. I'll be kicked back on the beach while they're trying to make ends meet."

Last edited:
"Next year, we'll be testing ways to move pallets straight from the truck to the shelf." – @Tina_M_Tyler #FNW2015

Yeah, it's called Flow
In my mind, that would look like a flow TM using the crown stacker to remove a pallet from the trailer, take it out to the sales floor, raise it up about 4 feet, and then smash it into a shelf.

In my mind, that would look like a flow TM using the crown stacker to remove a pallet from the trailer, take it out to the sales floor, raise it up about 4 feet, and then smash it into a shelf.

I thought that's what they did already.

Lets just replace all aisles with the shelving from receiving. Problem solved.

We are not Costco.

Is this why the pmts were told to start screwing down the kick plates on basedecks?

Well, we have these gems:

"Clean, bright, fast checkout and awesome team members matter, but are no longer the strategic advantage they once were." – @jjones #FNW2015

They are still a strategic advantage, but our hours are slashed so badly that the advantage is taken away. Makes no sense.

"Staying in stock isn't just one team's job - nearly everything we do affects our ability to stay in stock." – COO John Mulligan #FNW2015

Nope. Nope. Nope. Stores are doing what they need to with hours they're given. In stocks can't get things in stock because they're performing other duties. In food, our orders are frequently slashed without warning. This isn't the store's end. It's higher up the chain.

I see a lot of "we need to" and "we have to" quotes. We have needed to and had to for a while, but that hasn't changed anything. Is this one of those things where if you say it enough times it comes true? Maybe we will see changes. Given the hiring spree TGT is about to go on, I don't think it will be this year.

@DoWork that first tweet you quoted had me fuming. Having TMs available used to be one of the few advantages we had over our competitors. It seems like they see us as a necessary evil nowadays. I think they want to replace the sales floor team with iPads and cashiers with self checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back