Archived National Falls Sale Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that as the pallets will actually be sorted by section on the truck and won't have to be done through the onload. That sounds pretty awesome to me.
With the way our trucks are stacked and how bulk comes off the truck at my store. Fat chance.

I remember the one when Oprah was one of the headliners...

oprah-bees.gif

who who and oh cool

You don't know who Luke Bryan is? He's America's most prolific polygamist.

Every basic white girl in the US is married to him.

It's good to see(what could have been) my raise is being put to good use. I would much rather they put the money into baseball tickets, professional performers, swag bags, hotels, flights etc than into our raises or more equipment. Dear spot, Party On! We can live without equipment that works; but I know you can't live without another stuffed bullseye! So Party On!

Try Courier New instead of italic. :cool:

Lets just replace all aisles with the shelving from receiving. Problem solved.

Cool, then we'll be like Costco and BJ's. Totally fits into the Target brand.

And when the guests start to complain, it will be the stores' faults for not being able to do the impossible.

They already do complain. But instead of actually giving us hours to fix the problems, Spot just tells us we "need to Vibe more."

They already do complain. But instead of actually giving us hours to fix the problems, Spot just tells us we "need to Vibe more."

Ya know, when they came out with "the vibe," I thought it had to be a joke. The first image that popped into my head was pretty dirty...it still makes me snicker when I hear people announce that they are "vibing with the guests!"

@DoWork that first tweet you quoted had me fuming. Having TMs available used to be one of the few advantages we had over our competitors. It seems like they see us as a necessary evil nowadays. I think they want to replace the sales floor team with iPads and cashiers with self checkout.

Seems to me that they've forgotten that these "necessary evil" TMs are those same people who "Vibe with the guest" and then "educate our guests" on those damn RedCards. Sure would love to see iPads and self checkout lanes get those RedCards.

We are not Costco.[/QUOTE]

And NEVER will be!!

Just noticed this in an article promoted by TargetScoop

We had someone from corporate come into our store a few weeks back (just wandered in to do some ahopping). Apparently this guy was stunned when he saw our registers. He works on register updates and such....and was horrified to see our registers are from 1997. So the stuff they are pushing out for updates and such is absolutely useless and they will do only about 40% of what they are meant to do at this point.

We're curious if they will give us new registers or if he went back and talked to someone only to find out his job is pretty much in vain.

Same here. Glad they can have fun on the clock when we can't.
I get what you're saying, but I have had jobs and belonged to organizations that have annual conventions. It is important to hear about changes firsthand and to be in a situation that excites you about it and gives you an opportunity to talk with others about it. It makes it easier when it comes time to implement those changes. It's actually also nice to go to those cheerleader rallies in order to get refreshed. The management of a multi-million dollar store has got to be stressful, no matter how easy it looks from where we lowly tm's sit. (Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan of my stl right now, but I know that it is a big job.) I am not looking forward to cheerleader huddles, though. There won't be cocktails and parties after them.

We had someone from corporate come into our store a few weeks back (just wandered in to do some ahopping). Apparently this guy was stunned when he saw our registers. He works on register updates and such....and was horrified to see our registers are from 1997. So the stuff they are pushing out for updates and such is absolutely useless and they will do only about 40% of what they are meant to do at this point.

We're curious if they will give us new registers or if he went back and talked to someone only to find out his job is pretty much in vain.

You still have the dinosaur IBM registers at your store? Those things were awful. Not that the NCR machines are much better because the POS software is a POS, but at least it's in color.

1997? You DO have the new registers.

They perform for free as a contract obligation for us selling their "exclusive CDs" or whatever. This doesn't effect payroll!!
So Target gets to sell these "exclusive" CDs that guests can only get at Target, AND they get free live performances? What do the artists get out of it? What's to stop them from just saying "I'll let Best Buy do the exclusive CD instead and not do any free performances at all."

Heard some interesting things at huddle regarding Flow.

Apparently, DCs are going to attempt to palletize product before it goes on the truck according to whatever custom blocks we have.
And apparently bulk areas (water, some paper, etc) might have their basedecks removed and we'll simply place pallets there instead of filling shelves from the back.

They perform for free as a contract obligation for us selling their "exclusive CDs" or whatever. This doesn't effect payroll!!

Nobody performs for free. At cost maybe. The cost of transport, lodging etc. However the even bigger costs is flying everybody from STL and up plus others there, food and lodging for a week and the flying them back all 13000 of them. If you do not think that cost effects profits and thus payroll you fooling yourself.

Nobody performs for free. At cost maybe. The cost of transport, lodging etc. However the even bigger costs is flying everybody from STL and up plus others there, food and lodging for a week and the flying them back all 13000 of them. If you do not think that cost effects profits and thus payroll you fooling yourself.
Yup. No way they aren't over twenty grand for a performance plus lodging and their rider. Run dmc was fifteen grand plus equipment (lights, sound), lodging, and their rider. Abd they were pretty low budget by 2002 when that was priced.

Heard some interesting things at huddle regarding Flow.

Apparently, DCs are going to attempt to palletize product before it goes on the truck according to whatever custom blocks we have.
And apparently bulk areas (water, some paper, etc) might have their basedecks removed and we'll simply place pallets there instead of filling shelves from the back.

But many times those area's are not fully empty in the store on the floor and all that jazz. You'd still have to deal with the other pallet and any product on the shelf. How does that save time.

But many times those area's are not fully empty in the store on the floor and all that jazz. You'd still have to deal with the other pallet and any product on the shelf. How does that save time.

Simple. They will simply stop sending the product until the store is completely out. Then there is nothing to move around product wise!

As for the pallet, it will be a magic pallet that will simply disappear into nothing as soon as the count hits zero and another pallet is loaded onto the truck.

It's all really quite convenient if you think about it.

Huh, Some of these ideas sound oddly familiar:

In our store Red Cards are the only things that matter. | Page 6 | The Break Room

I agree with Rock Lobster. Corporate needs to do better designer tie in's (aka Missoni) and focus on creating better home decor lines. ala Tar - Jay

Also - we can't seem to keep basic items in stock. Why should we ever be out of Charmin in the larger bulk pack? or cases of water.... or gallons of distilled water.... or white plastic hangers.

Fix the broken pieces in logistics.

Also Corp should give the guests a bonus for new Redcards -- aka 10% off your first purchase with your new Redcard, and 5% off ever after. Or send out more coupons to ALL the Redcard holders (looking at you Baby coupon books that I *never* got in the mail, even though I registered, and have a Redcard.) ETA: Or give the guest a "Congratulations coupon" that gives them 10% off their next purchase with their new red card - when they successfully open a Redcard.

Keep it Simple, Stupid.

Posted: jenna, Aug 27, 2014

Waves at SPOT.

Some great ideas coming from the NFSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back