Nationwide Entire Store Price Audit?

Today it look like fourth quarter Christmas with the toys that we received in. Tons of furniture and home decor also. Supposed to be receiving even more in the next few days.
Our store had this a month ago. The DC pushed us freight for toys and home to cover sales over the next three months. Over 2,000 cases from home, plastics, and toys on a single truck, most of it backstock.. and right after bounceback. So our backroom looks just like it did during BTC and Christmas with what we have back there. It doesn't make sense. It's like they want stores to fall apart.

LOL I came in today to a cluster of TM's scanning the store while we drowned in Superbowl/V-day traffic and were red on everything. Real good weekend to also dump on price checking an ENTIRE store. We just finished our reset yesterday so ours weren't too bad but some of the areas have been terrible. They had a running list back in TSC.

I guess Monday when everyone is so proud they got the price checks done they can get brought back to reality ASAP when they have to answer for red metrics and guest complaints over the weekend because all anyone had time to do on shit hours was scan every DCPI in the entire store.

Only in certain volume stores in certain districts. My district still goes by original modernization. No pog and no price change teams in any of the stores regardless of volume.

So, weird coincidence consdering I started this thread. There was not a single thing said about this at my store today. No one was scanning any shelves, except for the weekly routine shelf price audits that hadn't been completed yet. There was nothing in MyDay about it. SD was there so presumably if he had heard about this, he would have said something. It was just business as normal, well as normal as things can be on Super Bowl weekend. 🤷‍♂️

So, weird coincidence consdering I started this thread. There was not a single thing said about this at my store today. No one was scanning any shelves, except for the weekly routine shelf price audits that hadn't been completed yet. There was nothing in MyDay about it. SD was there so presumably if he had heard about this, he would have said something. It was just business as normal, well as normal as things can be on Super Bowl weekend. 🤷‍♂️
Same here, wonder if it carries into next week for some stores?

Oh my goddess.... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha!!! Going back Monday to severely cut hours for the week is gonna be epic...

Wow! You might want to scan your labels.

Personally I think the problem is more team members not printing out price accuracy labels whenever they set something. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I don't think bringing back a price accuracy team member is the issue...

Personally I think the problem is more team members not printing out price accuracy labels whenever they set something. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I don't think bringing back a price accuracy team member is the issue...
Agree. At least in my store most team members were briefly shown how to set by a team lead or a team member who wasn't fully trained in POG. We still have some team members who were old POG team but only a few. Biggest training gaps I see when it comes to POG are not printing price accuracy and not updating capacities/SFQ after tying.

how much trouble am i going to get in for not finishing? Lmao

in my 8 hour shift at GS tomorrow, i need to cover the only other GS person’s breaks and the DU breaks while being the only person doing our 16 checklanes, 12 SCOs, bullseye, and GS/ OPU area labels. literally none of it is correct or updated. everything is flexed with no label or a price that is close, but somehow my ETL thinks i can do it all by myself. i love it here.

On the extra freight, our weeknight closing TL said they were basically cleaning out the DCs and that's why everyone is getting so much freight. For us it was toys & towels, primarily. OMG, we have so, so many towels.

Spent most of the night scanning labels in home & storage., along with ad takedown and zoning towels (OMG, so many towels). Nothing else got zoned, of course, nor did anyone do any reshop so the store will be a lovely disaster tomorrow.

Ugh.

Same at our store

Certainly doesn't seem nationwide. Maybe in select states. I wish they would at my store. I am tired of having angry guests checking out with multiple pricing discrepancies from 40 cents to several dollars. My guess is the average cart is overcharged at least $4 per $50 spent.

Pretty sure that it used to be that, if you didn't print price accuracy, they dropped into the pricing workload. Not sure why that's no longer the case.

Jesus christ what a mess
I'm honestly surprised they don't have an auditor position - while yes, people are supposed to be printing price accuracy labels when they set pogs, sometimes stuff gets missed (looking at you, electronics and toys).
Having a price auditor helps catch that kinda stuff.

Long time presentation expert here. Modernization had us get rid of price change but we kept Plano. I know for a fact that PA labels are printed and put up 100% of the time. At my store it's a price change issue. But I agree that without proper training, PA labels would get missed.

Long time presentation expert here. Modernization had us get rid of price change but we kept Plano. I know for a fact that PA labels are printed and put up 100% of the time. At my store it's a price change issue. But I agree that without proper training, PA labels would get missed.
Long time presentation leader here. Modernization made keeping a dedicated presentation team for anything less than high volume near impossible due to hours and standards. Having one person float for half the time and then not get any hours the other half was not something that could be sustainable, especially when stablization started

In my store, the way we made it happen was that the DBO would be scheduled started two weeks ahead to set, while one of the other dbos in a nearby area had their hours boosted to also cover the push for the first person. I'm happy you kept a presentation team, but every store is different.

Our ETLs and TLs have been the only one doing this since regular tms can't because they keep adding 2-3 trucks every week

Also forgot to mention that there were a bunch of barcodes- item not found both on the register, myday and target app and price match, last night from cat food to toys to grocery items.
Seems every week we are getting one to items. Chabot takes weeks to resolve the issues even after escalating.

In my store, the way we made it happen was that the DBO would be scheduled started two weeks ahead to set, while one of the other dbos in a nearby area had their hours boosted to also cover the push for the first person.
That's what we do at my store also. Seems to work okay from what I can see.
As far as this massive price audit goes, we did a pile of scanning at my store starting first thing this morning. Don't know how much got done, but my area is completed - 4 wrong labels for all of personal care and OTC. There were an additional 4 items on a side cap of batteries but I'm guessing those price change labels would be part of an Electronics batch.
What a time-consuming slog of a task.

Long time presentation leader here. Modernization made keeping a dedicated presentation team for anything less than high volume near impossible due to hours and standards. Having one person float for half the time and then not get any hours the other half was not something that could be sustainable, especially when stablization started

In my store, the way we made it happen was that the DBO would be scheduled started two weeks ahead to set, while one of the other dbos in a nearby area had their hours boosted to also cover the push for the first person. I'm happy you kept a presentation team, but every store is different.

My new store has a small plano/presentation team. Was kinda surprised since it is a smaller store compared to my last. Lots of people started scanning today, have no ideal if they will finish today. Should have started yesterday had more people then, even though they called some in today.

Back