Nationwide Entire Store Price Audit?

Personally I think the problem is more team members not printing out price accuracy labels whenever they set something. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I don't think bringing back a price accuracy team member is the issue...
Agree, mostly, but I think the biggest problem is that Spot is making the assumption it's getting $15+ an hour skilled employees and they're not. We may have half a dozen non-leads worth that at my store...

Does anyone know the exact reason this happened? I have heard Tik Tok or Youtube video, maybe pending lawsuit. Just trying to find out, does not really matter I guess. Since it was store-wide it must have been something that really got the attention of corporate though.

I think it’s because the TikTok video put us on the radar of whatever agency handles pricing in every state. Problem is that if we get fined in one store in a state, getting fined in another store is a “repeat violation.” It could turn into millions in fines across the country.

Still heard nothing about this at my store today. Of course with the constant calls for backup to the front, I might have missed something.

Did not appreciate the timing of this lol. My front of store was a shameful mess most of the day because we had 3 total cashiers for many hours, told "no backups," and I'm worked half to death. Between freight and price audit it was flying circus world.

Agree, mostly, but I think the biggest problem is that Spot is making the assumption it's getting $15+ an hour skilled employees and they're not. We may have half a dozen non-leads worth that at my store...
Target's $15 in my area isn't considerally higher (if at all) than everyone else now.

IMHO fast food appeals to more people now because many are still drive up only which makes idiot customers more tolerable.

15 dollars is pretty much less then all fast food near me. Its lower then a few targets near me. Yet here we are still at 15 hiring people that are worse then ive ever seen.

We got the memo Friday evening, abandoned all tasks on sales floor to begin. I was off Saturday- apparently no one picked up where we left off that night (i also heard it was a cluster of a day). Came back yesterday, my etl told me to scan once I did some other tasks. I was doing so. Then my closing lead, who didn't get the memo, pulled me off it- despite me challenging him on the issue.

Market got there's done last night. GM... Well... Barely any aisles were covered. I ALMOST got C block down. And I would have too if my lead didn't think the zone was somehow more important than a corporate-issued emergency task. Good thing I'm off today. I get to escape the wrath of the higher ups who actually understood the task. (I was covered in the email at least that night saying I was pulled off it since no one told him.. maaaan, I'd love to hear that conversation today)

Had a couple of tm's come in at 4am to start this today... and then an unexpectedly rolled weekend truck due to being parked in the wrong dock needed to be worked along with the expected one, creating our usual FUBAR
Wait wait wait. This needs more context. How did the truck get rolled unexpectedly? Couldn’t get the line to it somehow to do the unload therefore skipping it that day? Or no one knew it was parked there and how when they should be doing drive arounds?

Wait wait wait. This needs more context. How did the truck get rolled unexpectedly? Couldn’t get the line to it somehow to do the unload therefore skipping it that day? Or no one knew it was parked there and how when they should be doing drive arounds?
Trucks are dropped off overnight, but only 1 of our docks are accessible to the line By the time they were able to get a driver to move the truck, the unload team's shifts were over (they were utilized elsewhere) and not enough people scheduled elsewhere to unload.

Trucks are dropped off overnight, but only 1 of our docks are accessible to the line By the time they were able to get a driver to move the truck, the unload team's shifts were over (they were utilized elsewhere) and not enough people scheduled elsewhere to unload.
Ooh, that sucks. We’ve had them park at the wrong dock before but still can get the line to it. It just makes it more difficult. We’ve even gotten lucky and had the FDC driver move the RDC truck for us to the right dock if they were there at the right time.

I'm sure they did, partly, at my store. Too much for just day or night to do.

Really, I don't think this could have happened on a worse weekend. SB and V'day are both nuts at my store, but combined? The place was a mad house even without this.

Not that they gave us a break from the checklanes for this, though, no sirree. When I left at 10 last night we still had all of toys, electronics, seasonal, about half of domestics and all of P1.

We had an old etl that got rid of our entire moveable line. We were left with a couple old sets nd the corner piece for 8 months. The line would only reach half way into the truck it was horrendous. Etl got fired not long after. How is only one dock accessible ive never seen a store where they are not all lined up together

I think it’s because the TikTok video put us on the radar of whatever agency handles pricing in every state. Problem is that if we get fined in one store in a state, getting fined in another store is a “repeat violation.” It could turn into millions in fines across the country.
Weights and measures.

If we went through all of that malarkey for one error on wine, that's just ridiculous. I'm not saying that the question shouldn't have been raised (although wine isn't a necessity - contrary to what some wine lovers might think - so it's not price gouging in a legal sense), but to make such a huge, company-wide fuss over that? The particular product during this particular month makes it more noticeable and more politically sensitive, but still, it seems like a whole lot of overkill if that really was the impetus behind such an enormous task. (Although I'm not complaining about picking up a few extra hours to help get it done.)

Back