Archived Nearly 400 hours of Setting (Decor/Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished up Kitchen Textiles/Table Linens and the 2 Toss Pillow aisles yesterday. The new backer paper for Home is nice and thick, didn't notice if it was coated though. Hopefully, it'll hold up better than the Home backer paper it'll be replacing.

We're getting ahead pretty well, looking at starting Halloween seasonal tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes quickly, so that we can get into starting the Home reset next week. The lead feels generous, but I'm not feeling overly optimistic.

Finished up Kitchen Textiles/Table Linens and the 2 Toss Pillow aisles yesterday. The new backer paper for Home is nice and thick, didn't notice if it was coated though. Hopefully, it'll hold up better than the Home backer paper it'll be replacing.

We're getting ahead pretty well, looking at starting Halloween seasonal tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes quickly, so that we can get into starting the Home reset next week. The lead feels generous, but I'm not feeling overly optimistic.
are you guys using neopegs or did you continue canoe clips?

Anybody else's store set stuff so early that you have to print the labels and then when the actual ones come in they just throw them away instead of having someone put them up? It just looks ugly when an aisle is all labels. I understand that sometimes they don't send them or send them way late, and get that. It would probably help some if half of the printed labels weren't ripped and were put in straight.

My store is overnight this week and next for this reset. They set Halloween at the beginning of last week.

Anybody else's store set stuff so early that you have to print the labels and then when the actual ones come in they just throw them away instead of having someone put them up? It just looks ugly when an aisle is all labels. I understand that sometimes they don't send them or send them way late, and get that. It would probably help some if half of the printed labels weren't ripped and were put in straight.

My store is overnight this week and next for this reset. They set Halloween at the beginning of last week.

I love this game. Set stuff so early that you have to print the pogs and the labels. Then throw away the actual ones when they come. That's efficient.

Why play this game?

I love this game. Set stuff so early that you have to print the pogs and the labels. Then throw away the actual ones when they come. That's efficient.

Why play this game?
Or setting it so early it's empty because most of your new stuff hasn't come in yet.

We don't normally work that far in advance, but with the upcoming workloads being so insane (it grew 20+ hours since the schedule was made). We're just trying to keep the momentum so we can get through it without dying. I'd rather set 5 pogs a day and know it's done right. Than set 10 and it looks like shit. I don't mind coming back to replace the labels with strips either. Hell I don't use any strips when I do video game sets and most of our endcaps are printed labels too. It doesn't look that bad.

We did this with Halloween. The next day had stuff come in. Flow pushed it.

Worked very well.
Or flow wouldn't push it. It would end up being the electronics team member, who isn't supposed to leave the area, and that one sales floor team member because they push flow out the door at 8am.

We don't normally work that far in advance, but with the upcoming workloads being so insane (it grew 20+ hours since the schedule was made). We're just trying to keep the momentum so we can get through it without dying. I'd rather set 5 pogs a day and know it's done right. Than set 10 and it looks like shit. I don't mind coming back to replace the labels with strips either. Hell I don't use any strips when I do video game sets and most of our endcaps are printed labels too. It doesn't look that bad.

The problem with this is actually finding time later to go back and put the strips in. And then adjusting everything on the shelves so it aligns correctly with the price. I always end up tossing the strips instead. Video games and end caps are more commonly flexed so it works better not to use a strips there.

Endcaps are different.

lol all of the construction contractors that were supposed to take care of the gondolas and whatnot in the area (like 4 stores i know about) decided not to show up. Our PMBP was pissed about it.

lol all of the construction contractors that were supposed to take care of the gondolas and whatnot in the area (like 4 stores i know about) decided not to show up. Our PMBP was pissed about it.

They were scheduled for two overnights to build the gondolas and take down beacons/focals for our store. We had a container of all the necessary fixtures to do this in the back lot. The first night, the crew came in, inspected the beacons/focals and then looked in the container. They said they didn't have all the parts necessary to do the conversion on those aisles, but that they would return the following night to change the aisles and put up the shelves/stacking tables. We didn't know what they were going to do either night and so no aisles/beacons/focals were demerched/defixtured. I was part of the overnight crew and ended up demerching 3 aisles the first night in preparation for the second night.

They built those gondolas/shelves/tables the second night and left the beacons/focals for our PMT to swap, he's 60+ y.o. btw. We got the form that said they did everything they were contracted to do, which included those beacons/focals. So Target Corp paid for work they didn't do.

I felt bad for my PMT. I helped him do as much as I was available to. He also had to do all the Halloween gondola aisles this past week as well. Poor guy was beat up by Friday.

This coming week, I learned that my PPTL will be LOD two weekdays and off one day. The STL will be at some conference in Minnesota. So, leadership-wise for a major transitional set, we're being completely marooned. I've been "leading" as best I can, being the most senior TM on the POG team. It's times like this that I wish there were a Union rep. I could call upon. Because I'm now doing more work than I've ever been required to and I'm also being tasked to supervise without compensation. We haven't even started the transition setting and I'm already feeling overwhelmed.

As terrible as it sounds, reading about how other stores are even in shittier situations gives me a little relief. I'm sorry for a lot of your situations and hope things work out, in the end. I know we all survive to revisit poorly-planned and stressfully executed sets in the future. Target will continue to make boneheaded decisions that will effect the lowest team members on the totem pole and we'll continue to take it because we don't have any expectations that it could/ should/ or will be better.

They were scheduled for two overnights to build the gondolas and take down beacons/focals for our store. We had a container of all the necessary fixtures to do this in the back lot. The first night, the crew came in, inspected the beacons/focals and then looked in the container. They said they didn't have all the parts necessary to do the conversion on those aisles, but that they would return the following night to change the aisles and put up the shelves/stacking tables. We didn't know what they were going to do either night and so no aisles/beacons/focals were demerched/defixtured. I was part of the overnight crew and ended up demerching 3 aisles the first night in preparation for the second night.

They built those gondolas/shelves/tables the second night and left the beacons/focals for our PMT to swap, he's 60+ y.o. btw. We got the form that said they did everything they were contracted to do, which included those beacons/focals. So Target Corp paid for work they didn't do.

I felt bad for my PMT. I helped him do as much as I was available to. He also had to do all the Halloween gondola aisles this past week as well. Poor guy was beat up by Friday.

This coming week, I learned that my PPTL will be LOD two weekdays and off one day. The STL will be at some conference in Minnesota. So, leadership-wise for a major transitional set, we're being completely marooned. I've been "leading" as best I can, being the most senior TM on the POG team. It's times like this that I wish there were a Union rep. I could call upon. Because I'm now doing more work than I've ever been required to and I'm also being tasked to supervise without compensation. We haven't even started the transition setting and I'm already feeling overwhelmed.

As terrible as it sounds, reading about how other stores are even in shittier situations gives me a little relief. I'm sorry for a lot of your situations and hope things work out, in the end. I know we all survive to revisit poorly-planned and stressfully executed sets in the future. Target will continue to make boneheaded decisions that will effect the lowest team members on the totem pole and we'll continue to take it because we don't have any expectations that it could/ should/ or will be better.

I think the expectation that it could and should be better is there, it's just that no one is willing to listen to any of our suggestions or ideas. Because what could we possibly know as lowly TMs?? I can't even count the number of times I have suggested an improvement on something and been shot down only to see that same suggestion used 6 to 12 months later and everyone act like it's the greatest idea ever.

I think the expectation that it could and should be better is there, it's just that no one is willing to listen to any of our suggestions or ideas. Because what could we possibly know as lowly TMs?? I can't even count the number of times I have suggested an improvement on something and been shot down only to see that same suggestion used 6 to 12 months later and everyone act like it's the greatest idea ever.

I don't even bother asking anymore. I make changes where I can. If I think I'll get brush back, I wait until a REV when it's even less likely to be noticed.

That was stupid of those contractors. With all of the remodels that Target has been talking about doing, this job is the perfect way to get your foot in the door and potentially be considered for larger jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back