Archived Nearly 400 hours of Setting (Decor/Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a couple weeks our store will be resetting the entire Decor/Home department. It will be expanding to almost 50 aisles and we'll be setting all of them. The adjacency calendar has it all happening in one week. We are a low vol store with a diminshed Pog team of 3-4 tms, counting TL and signing tm. (E.i., 160 hours of people that know how to set pogs)

There is a Home innovation going in where our decor central aisles were and furniture up is condensing to accommodate this new innovation. I'm wondering what other stores are going to be doing the same and what the game plan is for your teams?

We just got out of our Home Innovation/A&A 2.0 Remodel a month and a half ago. So we are thrilled to death to revisit it again, so soon.

For us however, it looks as though it won't impact us as much as stores who are not Home Innovation yet.

We just got out of our Home Innovation/A&A 2.0 Remodel a month and a half ago. So we are thrilled to death to revisit it again, so soon.

For us however, it looks as though it won't impact us as much as stores who are not Home Innovation yet.

I guess you're lucky then. The workload just seems impossible in the time given. I think it should be split into two weeks. The soft product aisles being set one week and the furniture/decor stuff the following week (or vice versa). It would be manageable then. We had the construction in the decor central aisles done recently, but the aisles that need to be extended are still waiting to be done.

I'm just curious what suggestions other stores that went through this have. It looks like mirrors/clocks are moving out of the aisles to a back wall location and frames/candles are shifting up an aisle (Those seem like the most time intensive sets to me). Furniture will be expanding since the aisles are lengthening). Our Trend run is moving too. I just see this as being a lot of work for our small team with a lot of inexperienced FLOW tms scheduled a few hours behind us to pull/push/repush.

We do not have home innovation. We will have contractors come in overnight and do something to the focals (not really sure what). Then our team of 3 POG TMs + TL + signing TM will go overnight for the reset.

We do not have home innovation. We will have contractors come in overnight and do something to the focals (not really sure what). Then our team of 3 POG TMs + TL + signing TM will go overnight for the reset.

In our store... it's 3 furniture focals being removed and the aisles transformed back to normal length and 2 beacons near the end of the department that are being transformed back to normal length aisles as well. Then there were 3 full aisles that have been reduced to 8' long ones and tall, free-standing shelves and some stacking tables were put into the beginning space where those aisles were (that is similar to some innovation setups I've seen, but we're not an innovation store either).

Project 62. We had 2 overnights with pog team in hardlines. I can't figure out what is different yet.

Project 62. We had 2 overnights with pog team in hardlines. I can't figure out what is different yet.
Did you see stickers to put over the threshold brand name for project 62? My STL told me that. Target isn't changing anything but packaging (and only brand name at that)

Did you see stickers to put over the threshold brand name for project 62? My STL told me that. Target isn't changing anything but packaging (and only brand name at that)

I like Threshold stuff... and I thought the packaging/logo were refined without seeming uppity/too stuffy. It didn't feel like a store brand to me (which made it seem better). The logo for Project62 seems just slightly better than the RE branding, but not by much.

Your ETLs and PPTL have known about this for a month now. Hopefully they have put some plans in place to get it all done. Because in addition to everything you mentioned, Halloween is in there too! We have been working furiously to get ahead where we can. Anything that is at 100% for set is getting done early. That includes mostly sales plans, and revisions in other areas. Also utilizing team members from other work centers will help. Have POG set and flow fill after the truck is done. Schedule electronics to take care to Tune in Tuesday. Market can take care of their sales planners etc. You may have to be late on a few things, just plan ahead. There are some things that must be set by a certain date (no exceptions) Get a plan together and work the plan.

Our store is setting the domestics part of this transitions the week of the tenth. We have been setting ahead for a little while to get ready for this I only have 4 team members on my team as well..we will be scheduling stock team members each day and we are going over night for three weeks..

Your ETLs and PPTL have known about this for a month now. Hopefully they have put some plans in place to get it all done. Because in addition to everything you mentioned, Halloween is in there too! We have been working furiously to get ahead where we can. Anything that is at 100% for set is getting done early. That includes mostly sales plans, and revisions in other areas. Also utilizing team members from other work centers will help. Have POG set and flow fill after the truck is done. Schedule electronics to take care to Tune in Tuesday. Market can take care of their sales planners etc. You may have to be late on a few things, just plan ahead. There are some things that must be set by a certain date (no exceptions) Get a plan together and work the plan.

LOL!

Seriously though, they knew... doesn't really change the fact that it's still going to be a shit show with the amount of people we have. We're working ahead (We should have all of this week done by Tues and most of the 10th's workload (outside of Halloween) done by week's end. We're shooting to stay ahead of this as much as humanly possible. I just love how corporate does this sort of shit. Honestly, I just wish there wasn't so much pressure to get so much done in such a tiny window. It's making the few folks on my team and my new TL very anxious. A few weeks ago, I was struggling for hours... now we're neck deep in them. This is the kinda of cockamamie BS that makes me hate this company.

400 hours? All you do is throw up 1 row of shelves in each aisle and mount a bunch of displays. WTF could take 400 hours?

LOL

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Sounds like it is more than just furniture and you'd be surprised how tedious some pogs can be, even if it looks simple.
Every set can't be hard. Cosmetics, HBA, Electronics, those take time. Changing out backer paper, and putting up a couple rows of shelves for home decor? This has got to be one of the easier sets. Considering most teams are going overnight for it as well makes it that much easier.

Every set can't be hard. Cosmetics, HBA, Electronics, those take time. Changing out backer paper, and putting up a couple rows of shelves for home decor? This has got to be one of the easier sets. Considering most teams are going overnight for it as well makes it that much easier.
We're not going overnight. And while it may sound easy, some aisles will be a process. Whole aisles are moving and they take time. Plus it's the entire department. Nearly 50 aisles in our store.

We have this and then possibly the home innovation a month later. We won't find out of home or a&a is first til tomorrow.

We've got the same sized crew, and I've got to clean and organize the fixture room plus get old crap caught up before remodel which starts the 10th as well. Shit show isn't even close to how rough it will be.

My store (not home inno) is losing two focals and keeping one. We set half of mini on last Friday. The rest should be today with seasonal done after, giving us two weeks for the home reset.

PMT is building two displays a day and storing them in the fixture room steel.

For once, we had this planned out well in advance.

The construction in home decor at my store is starting tonight. Next week they will be going overnight for the reset. It looks like in addition to the 5 POG TMs there will also be 4-5 helper TMs.

Demerched BTS today and set costumes. Learned we will also be doing the aisle switcheroo next week :eek:

In a couple weeks our store will be resetting the entire Decor/Home department. It will be expanding to almost 50 aisles and we'll be setting all of them. The adjacency calendar has it all happening in one week. We are a low vol store with a diminshed Pog team of 3-4 tms, counting TL and signing tm. (E.i., 160 hours of people that know how to set pogs)

There is a Home innovation going in where our decor central aisles were and furniture up is condensing to accommodate this new innovation. I'm wondering what other stores are going to be doing the same and what the game plan is for your teams?
If you store is e2e hopefully you ahve a pog team still. Otherwise, its going to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back