Archived Need a boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lately target has been tough 4th quarter was hard with a new etl to target (don't get me wrong I like her it's just we didn't know what we were doing) the other Tl in Softlines kinda sucks and a lot of her work fell on me and on top of that half the team was gone. I'm supposed to be an engage and Inspire Tl thats my major strength but right now I'm just not feeling it. I need a moral boost badly. The cliqueyness of my store is at a ridiculous high which isn't helping and I've been pulled into offices askin if everything's ok if I'm happy here. Truthfully I'm starting to wonder if I'm happy here. Throughout my career at spot I turned down other job offers for local and not local film opportunities I wonder if that was a mistake. The etls half the time don't seem to care about working neither do most tl's. It's frustrating when you work hard and see your coworkers sitting at Starbucks for hours.
What gets everyone else through a low patch at spot? I need encouragement please.

Going into a closet with a pillow & doing primal screams (followed by a tsp of honey for the resulting raw throat).

I complain a lot about spot, and there's alot that unmotivates me, but I do try and put a good amount of work in.

I kind of have weird ideas and beliefs about money. I like to think that you are always rewarded for the work you do and that you don't really profit in the long run from money you didn't earn. So when I see my etl's doing nothing, or I see team members slacking, I just try to remember that hard work pays off, and even if it doesn't show up on my target paychecks, I'll get what's coming one way or another. Same with the slackers, they may be getting payed for nothing, but it just might end up slipping through their fingers, somehow.

Same with the slackers, they may be getting payed for nothing, but it just might end up slipping through their fingers, somehow.

Kinda like the adage of "a fool & their money are soon parted". I just imagine hearing a "whoosh" sound each time.
Gets kinda breezy around some folks.

You will be ok,Target can be a very difficult place for those who care and this is a hard time coming out of the holidays,for me after this exhausting period it is time for a vacation to recharge.As for the etls and team members who seem to think they have all day to do nothing,leave them to it,continue to give it everything and take pride in what you do,there will be some people who value what you do and more important you know it yourself.You can smile at the realisation that if you ask some of those people how their day was thay will be fully convinced that they have exhausted themselves by all their hard work.Smile time.Good luck.

I do seem to talk badly about Target a lot and don't get me wrong,what I say is true, but I will admit (as much as it pains me to do so), there are some good times I have had at Spot. Stuck, you and I seem to be in the same field, because I am trying to get into the media production business as well (my other job as a legal videographer has been my foot in the door along with other contract work I did). But take what I say into deep consideration. TAKE THOSE FILM OPPORTUNITIES. I would have no problem giving spot my two weeks if someone offered me a position in my field. Be better pay that is for sure

So lately target has been tough 4th quarter was hard with a new etl to target (don't get me wrong I like her it's just we didn't know what we were doing) the other Tl in Softlines kinda sucks and a lot of her work fell on me and on top of that half the team was gone. I'm supposed to be an engage and Inspire Tl thats my major strength but right now I'm just not feeling it. I need a moral boost badly. The cliqueyness of my store is at a ridiculous high which isn't helping and I've been pulled into offices askin if everything's ok if I'm happy here. Truthfully I'm starting to wonder if I'm happy here. Throughout my career at spot I turned down other job offers for local and not local film opportunities I wonder if that was a mistake. The etls half the time don't seem to care about working neither do most tl's. It's frustrating when you work hard and see your coworkers sitting at Starbucks for hours.
What gets everyone else through a low patch at spot? I need encouragement please.
My simple cure for retail: Start hiking. Get away from the modern world. Enjoy Mother Nature

definitely get away for a while, even if its for a long weekend. ask one of your peers to let you help them out or learn a new process. it'll show initiative and maybe give your day a little perk. write yourself a great team card for once ;)

Well, the Irish side of me is always bound to recommend the lots of Guinness and punching things therapy but its not the best approach.
However anything you can do with a bit of aggression might do, are you an outside sports person? Skiing, sledding, skating, climbing, that sort of thing.

I saw alot of issues within my store (and district) for a long time too! I wasn't sure how long I could of made it if improvements weren't made... You hear alot of horror stories on here about what is going on in the worst of the worst districts and get down on yourself... But remember that one good STL or DTL will make a huge difference! And the best part is, they are constantly switching in and out! I currently have one of the best STLs and DTL I have ever had, and we have begun improving faster than I thought possible! They just got put into their roles and aren't moving anytime soon... Just stay hopeful, because next week you could hear that your STL just turned in their two weeks and a HIPO STL is coming your way to fix everything (what happened to me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back