Archived Need advice about harrasment/bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today a co-worker of mine had asked me to view her video she had done for school. She had gone all around the store asking people to watch it. When I got to my lunch I got to watching and instantly noted who she was talking about (a ex co-worker who she had dated and whose sister and mother still work at the store) she did a song reminiscent of Taylor Swifts work. I informed my friend (who is the sister of the ex co-worker) and she was livid. She felt so embarrassed, angry, and upset she doesn't know if it is harassment or bullying as she and the co-worker are not in talking terms. I told her to report it because its still harassment (basically in the song she called him a liar, theif, that he was fired from Target for stealing, a lie which I believe is slander, and I'm upset for her since I don't think anyone deserves to be disrespected or be disrespected to their family. Should she complain and if she does is it harassment/bullying?

Yeah probably. It should be able to be reported as harassment, particularly since shes asking tms to view it.

On a completely unrelated note, this is why i think Taylor Swift is a complete *****. Who is a loser enough to date a girl who is just going to make a song about you post breakup? Lol.

Yeah probably. It should be able to be reported as harassment, particularly since shes asking tms to view it.

On a completely unrelated note, this is why i think Taylor Swift is a complete *****. Who is a loser enough to date a girl who is just going to make a song about you post breakup? Lol.

That's what I thought she tt the LOD but I told her to follow up with the HR department and if nothing happens then worse case scenario she'd have to call the integrity hotline.

Yes I think Taylor Swift is a dumb broad as well (my co-worker have that in common both blonde, white, and completly b****y) nothing as pathetic but griping about scorned love.

That's what you get for dating a poet, writer, or musician.
You screw them over you are bound to show up in their work.

Be that as it may, here is a quick piece on the difference between slander and libel.

http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-the-difference-between-slander-and-libel.htm

The song isn't a fixed piece like a written story story so it's slander.
But since it probably doesn't effect him financially, he won't be able to sue her either.

Childish **** like this really goes on?
YES! it's going on and I'm up to talking to HR with my co-worker tomorrow even if she isn't liable for slander she is causing some sort of harassment within the work place. Wth happened to professonalism man!

Hey allude about ur ex all u want but when u name drop full first name and last and saying some wild accusation he's a thief that could get him fired from his current job then it stops being poetic and a way of being creative and just being nasty.

So much for sublety eh? Should make the harassment case a slam dunk though.

Honestly it just sounds stupid and like the girl is bitter. I'd ask the Lod to make her stop showing it I wouldn't go as far as saying its harassment.

Honestly it just sounds stupid and like the girl is bitter. I'd ask the Lod to make her stop showing it I wouldn't go as far as saying its harassment.

I disagree. If this person posted this on Facebook outside of work it would even be harassment. Hopefully the op and the male tm take action on this.

I think it's immature and she does sound bitter but I don't see it as harassment or bullying of fellow team members. She is talking about her ex boyfriend not his mother or sister.

Not that I'm defending T-money, but doesn't that make the dude a loser? She is making a boat ton of money on that "break up." #Capitalize

I think it's immature and she does sound bitter but I don't see it as harassment or bullying of fellow team members. She is talking about her ex boyfriend not his mother or sister.
But its her brother that's personal what keeps her from attacking others. I think it needs to be dealt with wat keeps her from coming after my child? She's making things personal at the work place.

But its her brother that's personal what keeps her from attacking others. I think it needs to be dealt with wat keeps her from coming after my child? She's making things personal at the work place.

The relationship of brother and sister and child and parent is personal but the TM is not singing the song she wrote for school about a "son" or "brother" of her co workers she wrote her school project song about an ex boyfriend.
Did the (student) TM name the co worker or say to anyone that the subject in the song was the son or brother of fellow TMs? I just can not see how this could be considered harassment or bullying fellow TMs

I just tt HR and they're taking it serious since she made wild claims about the ex-TM and the fact that she had TM watching it. They called it harassment, since many of the TM know him and his relationship with the my fellow TM. Its personal that she included a name and had TM watching during work hrs.

That's what I thought she tt the LOD but I told her to follow up with the HR department and if nothing happens then worse case scenario she'd have to call the integrity hotline.

Yes I think Taylor Swift is a dumb broad as well (my co-worker have that in common both blonde, white, and completly b****y) nothing as pathetic but griping about scorned love.

Definitely sounds like you live for drama.

This isn't your problem. The TM in question is saying bad things about a former TM and it is unprofessional, but it's not harassing or bullying a current TM. I think the ETL HR should have a sit down with the relatives who are still TMs in your store and the person who is showing this video around so they can resolve this, as it's inappropriate to show it at work but I'm not sure there are any harassment/bullying rules you can point to in order to get her in trouble because this isn't a current TM. Might as well be someone who has never worked there.

Don't live for drama but thanks. I do stand up for people who try and take advantage of people. The co-worker who wrote the song has also made racial slurs to the tm mom by calling her a wetback and calling him a wetback mommas boy. Luckily our HR dept are in agreement with one another.

Don't live for drama but thanks. I do stand up for people who try and take advantage of people. The co-worker who wrote the song has also made racial slurs to the tm mom by calling her a wetback and calling him a wetback mommas boy. Luckily our HR dept are in agreement with one another.

First it is HRs job to stand up for TMs not a fellow TM.

Now those comments are cause for HR to get involved because that is discrimination but the people that had the comments said to them should be bringing this to HR.

I still stand by what I said the made for school video is not discrimination and only harassment toward the coworkers if they are being named in the video. She should not have brought this made for school video to work, her actions concerning the video are immature but nothing that would be a fire able ofence IMO

That's a little different since it's involving a current TM. Why did you mention the song in the OP when you had something that you could easily get the TM in trouble for in that? If true that's completely against policy and if found to be true that TM will be termed.

Now those comments are cause for HR to get involved because that is discrimination but the people that had the comments said to them should be bringing this to HR.

I still stand by what I said the made for school video is not discrimination and only harassment toward the coworkers if they are being named in the video. She should not have brought this made for school video to work, her actions concerning the video are immature but nothing that would be a fire able ofence IMO

Yeah because hr patrols the sales floor looking for misbehavior right? It takes a Tm to stand up and report the harassment before hr can do anything.

Apparently op's Hr thinks otherwise about the video too, and while maybe not fireable, definitely serious.

Yeah because hr patrols the sales floor looking for misbehavior right? It takes a Tm to stand up and report the harassment before hr can do anything.

Apparently op's Hr thinks otherwise about the video too, and while maybe not fireable, definitely serious.

We are in agreement TMs need to stand up and report harassment. What we are not agreeing on is the who that reports it. HRs door is always open and if any TM has an issue they need to go to HR.

What the student/TM did was immature and I am sure the mother and sister are offended because they feel the video was about their family member but it was not about them. Of course HR taking the situation seriously. It is causing rifts out on the floor. HR wants the team to work as a team and because of this it is not happening.

All that to say that if this TM said those things to a fellow TM in the past those TMs should have reported it. Why wait? Why let it build. When harassment happens it is important that it gets reported immediately, by the person that was harassed not by someone else through hearsay

Thanks guys for ur guys in put. The wetback comments were made further into the video I was to disgusted to watch the entire thing to know. Again thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back