Archived Need advice on next move

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know I took a LOA for family issues back in April until May 19th. I originally wasn’t aware that I had to check in with the store before my leave ended, no one told me, I assumed I would be scheduled on the 19th. So I checked in with them on the 20th and told them I was ready to come back to work. They had no hours for me that week and said they would try to schedule me in this current week. Well they didn’t, and as of the most recent schedule that goes until the 15th, my name still isn’t there. I went in yesterday and tried to speak with someone but I got the run around and was told to call today. Called twice so far and am being told no one is available right now. I’m curious as to what you guys think, I’ve never worked so hard at a job to try and get hours before and I’m wondering if this is a sign that it’s time to leave. My paycheck last week was zero and it’s looking like next weeks will be too, I mean this is ridiculous. Any answers?

Sorry,I can't help with the run-around you're getting. May want to consider filing for Unemployment.

Yeah thanks, already did that lol. I’ve actually been on it since February with my hours going from 32 a week to 5. Was just trying to see what others thought of this situation and if it’s common when returning from a leave.

There are a lot of changes going on for HR right now that made us write the last week of May and first two weeks of June schedule all on May 15/16, which is why you weren’t scheduled. Make sure your store knows you are available to come in and cover call offs and be sure to check the swap shifts, there is probably something there that you will be able to grab. We’re finally writing schedules again this week and I would suggest you politely call or stop by and remind HR that you’re back and ready to work. Since all of the set schedules were deleted now is a good time to get in on the new round of set schedules. 🙂

Document every time you call so they can’t claim they haven’t heard from you. Many years ago I took a loa and they did the same thing to me. When I finally got ahold of hr they claimed they had not heard from me so I started telling them the exact dates, times and who I talked to when I called. HR was really quiet for a couple of beats then asked if I wanted to come in the next day. I don’t know why they do shady stuff the way they do, but always document everything. Everything.

Document every time you call so they can’t claim they haven’t heard from you. Many years ago I took a loa and they did the same thing to me. When I finally got ahold of hr they claimed they had not heard from me so I started telling them the exact dates, times and who I talked to when I called. HR was really quiet for a couple of beats then asked if I wanted to come in the next day. I don’t know why they do shady stuff the way they do, but always document everything. Everything.

I got screenshots of every time I called as well as texts I’ve sent my TL! Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back