Archived Need Advice Updating Resume

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am in the process of being trained for cash office and I would like to update this on my resume.

I'm still fairly new to resumes and Target has been my only job so forgive my ignorance.

How would I go about adding it? Meaning, What's a title that other employers can understand and what are few things that I say that are my responsibilities other than "managing stores money" (my TL suggetsed that and I didn't think it was good lol)

Here's a very rough draft of what my resume looks like, (not my actual resume, just a quickly written format example)

Target – Store location – Hire Date – End date
-Team Member – Helped with stocking of food. Took calls from customers and assisted them. Helped in other departments when asked. Worked with a team to obtain a common goal and to maintain a clean, well run department.

So I am in the process of being trained for cash office and I would like to update this on my resume.

I'm still fairly new to resumes and Target has been my only job so forgive my ignorance.

How would I go about adding it? Meaning, What's a title that other employers can understand and what are few things that I say that are my responsibilities other than "managing stores money" (my TL suggetsed that and I didn't think it was good lol)

Here's a very rough draft of what my resume looks like, (not my actual resume, just a quickly written format example)

Target – Store location – Hire Date – End date
-Team Member – Helped with stocking of food. Took calls from customers and assisted them. Helped in other departments when asked. Worked with a team to obtain a common goal and to maintain a clean, well run department.

here is a partial one:

My responsibilities are providing excellent guest service, training new team members, solves problems quickly with guests & team members. I lead & motivate my team to achieve store goals. I seek opportunities to drive sales & get product to the floor. I am cross train to work in several areas & assisted other team leads/members with those departments. I maintain a clean & safe work environment.

red, i need some help here...please!

A cashier and anyone who gets on a register manages the stores money. I would go with something on the lines of 'performing cash audits and organizing store receipts.'

Since Target has only been your only main employment...You may want to elaborate on your employment to fill your resume. Target job title, time of employment, projects you completed, and your training/work centers. I had to keep my Target line short since I had other employment and also had experience in my main field. But here is my Resume line for Target.

Target T-**** • City, State • June 2***-Present
Guest Service Team Member – Team Trainer
• Experienced and trainer in customer relations, food services, and cashier functions of a major discount retail chain.

Sample:
My duties include training new team members, keeping front end team members up-to-date on best practices & sales software updates, trouble-shooting transaction problems to keep checklane traffic flowing, motivating team members to achieve store goals (speed scores, credit app levels, attachments, etc), driving sales by keeping product pushed to the floor & keeping front end members on schedule.
I am also trained in multiple areas including sales floor, photo lab, (insert other areas here) & work with team leaders from various areas to offer assistance where/when needed.
I am also a cash office auditor & my duties include counting the day's cash tills, communicating with Central Audit, processing deposits, maintaining the store's cash supply & processing coupon redemption.

I have many more lines in my resume. The sample I provided was just what I had under Cashier. I also have one for GSA and Guest Service and all that.
I just needed to know what to say under Cash Office. I pretty much tweaked Red's "cash office auditor & my duties include counting the day's cash tills, communicating with Central Audit, processing deposits, maintaining the store's cash supply & processing coupon redemption."

Thanks guys. You guys are always a huge help.

Sample:
My duties include training new team members, keeping front end team members up-to-date on best practices & sales software updates, trouble-shooting transaction problems to keep checklane traffic flowing, motivating team members to achieve store goals (speed scores, credit app levels, attachments, etc), driving sales by keeping product pushed to the floor & keeping front end members on schedule.
I am also trained in multiple areas including sales floor, photo lab, (insert other areas here) & work with team leaders from various areas to offer assistance where/when needed.
I am also a cash office auditor & my duties include counting the day's cash tills, communicating with Central Audit, processing deposits, maintaining the store's cash supply & processing coupon redemption.

Never refer to yourself in a resume. For example never use I, my, or any other personal pronouns. Also, all of that should be in bullet form on a resume to make it easier to read.

Last edited:
Never refer to yourself in a resume. For example never use I, my, or any other personal pronouns. Also, all of that should be in bullet form on a resume to make it easier to read.

Tip noted. much appreciated

Do you guys think that my Target internship should come off of my resume as soon as I start my full time job at Target?

Do you guys think that my Target internship should come off of my resume as soon as I start my full time job at Target?

What kind of job are you planning on applying to? I would keep the internship on your resume because it differs from the average Target job and shows that you were trained in a specific area. Also usually internships are more career-focused, so that's a good thing to keep on your resume.

Thanks for the advice.

Any jobs that I applied to would probably be in finance/business administration. I was wasn't sure if it would be redundant to have Business Analyst Intern and Business Analyst on my resume.

Thanks for the advice.

Any jobs that I applied to would probably be in finance/business administration. I was wasn't sure if it would be redundant to have Business Analyst Intern and Business Analyst on my resume.

Oh okay, since it's the same position, you could probably put both positions under one Target job and just list Business Analyst Intern and Business Analyst and the dates for each.

so I am going to resurrect this and ask for help with adding, guest service desk, sales floor, brand team member, team trainer and fitting room/operator to my resume. I have the basics of operator already on the resume because I was an office manager before retail. And team trainer because of the volunteers I trained at previous job. I am looking to go back in to the office world. I have hit my final straw....Target has broken my spirit and made my brain diminish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back