Archived Need help quitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lolipoppop

So after working at Starbucks in Target for 3 months I’ve decided this isn’t the job for me. At first I was racking in hours like crazy but when two LOA’s came back and 1 maternity leave came back my hours were cut BADLY, it seems like I’m the only one with cut hours, I’m not scheduled for any hours next week and only 5 for this week. How do I quit ? Do I just go to HR and ask for a voluntary termination form ? I obviously do not need to put in two weeks because they clearly don’t need me :(
UPDATE: want to give you all some information I left out, that I wanna piece together
Friday my manager coached me because she said I don’t “greet customers in time” and when I questioned her as to why I wasn’t on the schedule she said it was because the system was malfunctioning keep in mind I’m still not on the schedule for next week but tomorrow I’m only scheduled for Monday, I have a feeling they’re planning to coach me again to have a reason to fire me so I’m going to put in my two weeks before they can get a chance too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally understandable I got one SBTM straight up say ''I'm done this isn't for me I don't want to be here'' to this other SBTM in front of me when I was on break getting something to wake me up.
Ask your LOD, STL, ETL HR, or HR for the two weeks form I would just work it out to be rehireable who knows if you want a seasonal/part time gig in the future.

So after working at Starbucks in Target for 3 months I’ve decided this isn’t the job for me. At first I was racking in hours like crazy but when two LOA’s came back and 1 maternity leave came back my hours were cut BADLY, it seems like I’m the only one with cut hours, I’m not scheduled for any hours next week and only 5 for this week. How do I quit ? Do I just go to HR and ask for a voluntary termination form ? I obviously do not need to put in two weeks because they clearly don’t need me :(

I recommend putting 2 weeks in so your re-hirable in case you need to come back to Target because your desperate for a job. However, if your fed up and seriously don't want to work anymore then just no show no call. After 3 days you wont work at Target anymore. I highly recommend the 1st option though..

I recommend putting 2 weeks in so your re-hirable in case you need to come back to Target because your desperate for a job. However, if your fed up and seriously don't want to work anymore then just no show no call. After 3 days you wont work at Target anymore. I highly recommend the 1st option though..
Thank you for the info, I just feel as though I wouldn’t get as desperate to apply to this target or any other target near me (barely is any close) my next shift is Monday and I’m off for the week, should I just go into HR when I clock out and ask for the form, fill it out and leave ?

Totally understandable I got one SBTM straight up say ''I'm done this isn't for me I don't want to be here'' to this other SBTM in front of me when I was on break getting something to wake me up.
Ask your LOD, STL, ETL HR, or HR for the two weeks form I would just work it out to be rehireable who knows if you want a seasonal/part time gig in the future.
Thank you for the info, I just feel as though I wouldn’t get as desperate to apply to this target or any other target near me (barely is any close) my next shift is Monday and I’m off for the week, should I just go into HR when I clock out and ask for the form, fill it out and leave ?

That’s just as bad as not filling it out. You never know what will happen in the future. If you’re able to, finish the two weeks. If you’re hours are that bad it’ll only be like 2 more shifts.

Yes you can ask them anytime even go in on your day off request two weeks form

Yep, but -as others say - finish out any times you are scheduled.
There's been more than one thread from former TMs trying to come back when they've been keyed non-rehireable.
I want to quit before they get the chance to fire me because of being over staffed at Starbucks, so I’m going to fill out the form before my shift work it and then not come back

I want to quit before they get the chance to fire me because of being over staffed at Starbucks, so I’m going to fill out the form before my shift work it and then not come back
They’re not gonna fire you if you already have you’re two weeks in if anything they’ll just give you no shifts

Yeah, they won't fire you because of hours. Submit the form, "work" the two weeks (if you have no shifts next week, you might not the week after) and leave on good terms. You never know if you may need to come back, or if you want a job at a different location and people you work with now are over there, or even if you're trying to get a job at a totally different company and one of your leaders are working there...

Unless it's extreme circumstances, give the 2 weeks notice and work any shifts they schedule you for. People often think they aren't burning any bridges in stuff like this, but you just never know.

Not sure why you asked for advice and suggestions........ cuz it really sounds like you've made up your mind: " I obviously don't need to give two weeks notice"...... " Fill the form out and leave"......"Not come back".
It can't hurt to stick it out for the last 2 weeks..... thus making you rehireable (just in case). And.... it's not like you'll start a new job that quickly anyway. Applying, interviewing, and hiring takes a bit of time.

Yeah, they won't fire you because of hours. Submit the form, "work" the two weeks (if you have no shifts next week, you might not the week after) and leave on good terms. You never know if you may need to come back, or if you want a job at a different location and people you work with now are over there, or even if you're trying to get a job at a totally different company and one of your leaders are working there...

Unless it's extreme circumstances, give the 2 weeks notice and work any shifts they schedule you for. People often think they aren't burning any bridges in stuff like this, but you just never know.
You’re right, I was just upset in the moment I’ll ask HR for the form and fill it out, it’s my first time ever quitting a job because this is my first so I needed help to know what to do

If you got hired for another job, just go AWOL after your lunch.

You could also ask to be cross trained into other areas, especially if you don't mind cashiering.

Most Tarbux steal cashiers from the front end to cross train, but no reason the opposite couldn't be done.
Really just depends on what you want to get out of your first job. Also, will look better to your next employer if you worked somewhere for more than 3 mos. before leaving.

You could also ask to be cross trained into other areas, especially if you don't mind cashiering.

Most Tarbux steal cashiers from the front end to cross train, but no reason the opposite couldn't be done.
Really just depends on what you want to get out of your first job. Also, will look better to your next employer if you worked somewhere for more than 3 mos. before leaving.
Thanks for the info but my target I work for is terrible nobody barely gets hours unless you’ve been there for YEARS ! I think it’s best to get another job st this point, I just needed help quitting because I’ve never quit a job before

Hi I didnt even read your post and dont know what it is you want to quit, but start with nicorette gum and go from there.

Putting in your 2 weeks is definitely your best option. I get that you're upset with management but you don't want to screw over your coworkers on your way out. You still need to actually work your 2 weeks though. Putting in notice and then not showing up will still get you keyed as non-rehireable.

Putting in your 2 weeks is definitely your best option. I get that you're upset with management but you don't want to screw over your coworkers on your way out. You still need to actually work your 2 weeks though. Putting in notice and then not showing up will still get you keyed as non-rehireable.
Okay, I’m going to HR to fill out my 2 weeks form tomorrow, wish me luck I’m so nervous

Okay, I’m going to HR to fill out my 2 weeks form tomorrow, wish me luck I’m so nervous

You'll be fine, Just ask for the voluntary term form, fill it out, and turn it in. HR is used to people quiting, that's why Target is always hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back