Archived need some advice here

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so my car is getting worked on right now and my only form of transportation is walking, i close tonight and thinking about calling out because where i am i dont feel safe walking back home after 11 pm at night. its about a 45 min to 1 hr walk from my house to my store. im off for 3 days after today and my car will be done by next time i am scheduled so it would only be one day thing

Do you feel comfortable asking another closing TM for a ride home? That way you don't have to call in, but you also don't have to walk home late at night.

may not be cost effective long term but most taxi companies (depending on location tho) run 24/7 and will pick you up at a pre-arranged time and place

It would be perfectly reasonable to call off in this situation. Just don't expect your leaders to believe your reason.

I would call the store and explain the situation. They may be able to help you find a ride or someone that can cover for you. I would stress the fact that you don't feel safe walking home at that time.

This. We've actually had LOD's agree to give a TM a ride home if they come in anyway. And I've given a number of TMs a ride home when they've needed it. Never hurts to ask.

Ditto.
When I was doing a crap-ton of closing, I gave several cashiers & SFTMs rides home.
One kid was waiting outside in the cold without a jacket.
I had him wait in my car with the heater on until his dad showed up.

Rightarm and redeye58 show the kind of caring that keeps me working at T. Even after nights like tonight. These arent just great employees and tesm members, they are the kind of people who make this world better and safer for all of us. Sometimes I just wonder why T.seems to have more of these kind of people than other jobs I have worked at, and I have worked for about 30 years, so I have seen all kinds of people.
I was laying here thinking how much i dreaded going in tomorrow. Once again, TBR has stopped me from doing something I would regret about 30 seconds after I left HR TLs office.

Yup. I'd give you a ride home as well. Waited with a tm this winter in negative ten plus wind cause his battery was beyond dead. Closing tl did as well. Even if you were my least fave tm I'd give you a ride.

Uber is an app for your phone like a Taxi , it is a little expensive though. Ask a TM they are leaving the same time and in the same direction can give you a ride, Im sure you have great TMs that you work with who will gladly take you home.

If you are friends with any other TM why not ask for a ride or you could talk to another closing TM. I have given rides home to a few other TMs and one of our Sr TLs who was LOD one night even was willing to drive a TM home. It helped someone out and I got to know them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back