Archived NES Classic edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store at 14 and we were sold out in about 15 minutes. We had one guy standing out front at 6:30

I heard it went pretty smoothly at my store. We had 12 and there were way more people than that outside, so the electronics TL printed up tickets and passed them out to the first 12 people in line sometime before opening.

Could someone send screenshots of Q4 TM purchase guidelines. I can't access with my number.
Don't have the handbook available at the moment. But it's not a Q4 rule necessarily. It applies to new release/high demand merchandise anytime.

This was something that used to be covered during orientation years back, along with use of TM discounts. But I guess stores don't do that anymore, atleast not mine.

Stupidly our store was holding for guest you can imagine the up roar it caused. some dude called corporate and we had to give him one of the ones we had on hold for another guest. so how do you explain that guy's needs were more important than the ones of the guest it was being held for when that guest comes in. They should not have been placed on hold in the 1st place but we had new team members in electronics. if you cant do OPU you shouldn't be allowed to hold it.

My store had 31 of them and 1 controller... LOL! There were 15 people in line at 7am. Everyone was pretty chill when we ran out, but we did limit to one per person so no one complained when we ran out. Later on though, people were angry when we told them we were sold out... shoulda been here at 7am sir!

Don't have the handbook available at the moment. But it's not a Q4 rule necessarily. It applies to new release/high demand merchandise anytime.

This was something that used to be covered during orientation years back, along with use of TM discounts. But I guess stores don't do that anymore, atleast not mine.

Stores should still be going over TM purchasing guidelines during the onboarding, if not there's a problem with the onboard process at that particular store. It's pretty important stuff since it can and most certainly will lead to a termination.

Basically the rules are as follows:
If you're off from work or buying something before your shift starts (or after), you can purchase anything as any guest would, no restrictions.

If you're currently working your shift, you cannot purchase anything that is a new release on that day until it has been on the shelf for at least 15 minutes after release. When you go on your 15/30 minute break you can buy it. Example: Console bundle is released today at 8am when store opens. At 8:15am, you are qualified to purchase the item during your break. TM's must adhere to same hold policy guests adhere to, meaning you wouldn't be able to have the NES system held for you since it's a limited quantity special release.

Other rules involve no purchasing on the clock, no hiding an item ANYWHERE that you intend to purchase or have someone else purchase, that item has to be in its location, or located somewhere so that the person in charge of putting out the item can place it in its proper location. We just recently had a TM termed because they had a hatchimals they neglected to put out on the sales floor and kept it in the backroom til they went on their break and purchased it.

My store had 31 of them and 1 controller... LOL! There were 15 people in line at 7am. Everyone was pretty chill when we ran out, but we did limit to one per person so no one complained when we ran out. Later on though, people were angry when we told them we were sold out... shoulda been here at 7am sir!

We had this issue too, only 1 controller, though we had 4 consoles. Did the consoles include a controller? I didn't look into that.

My store received three NES Classic consoles and one controller. I arrived to start the line around 6:45 with no one else in line until 7 AM. By the time the store opened at 8 there were 20 people in line. People starting running the moment the doors were opened. The Sr Flow TL saw who was in line and handed the consoles to the first three instead of letting the runners have their way.

We had 8. Had people lining up at 6. #9 in line became irrate when we handed out the tickets and he didn't get one. He was convinced we had a secret stash and were keeping dozens for ourselves.

My store received three NES Classic consoles and one controller. I arrived to start the line around 6:45 with no one else in line until 7 AM. By the time the store opened at 8 there were 20 people in line. People starting running the moment the doors were opened. The Sr Flow TL saw who was in line and handed the consoles to the first three instead of letting the runners have their way.

We did numbers 1-14 #15 was SOL.. everyone in and out by 8:15am.

Secret stash? Yeah no, we want to make money fool! Not have it sit in the backroom!

We had 3. Two cars were parked outside when I arrived at 5:40am.

We had over 30. All were gone within 30 minutes, even at one per guest.

I was told someone arrive at out store at 2:45 am and had a line by the store opened... and we sold out. We handed out tickets.

This, LOL at the people who showed up at noon pissed we were sold out.

What do you bet a lot of them will end up on eBay because they are " hot" items not saying guests would do that..

Still had people around 9pm asking for them haha. I LOVE how my store, of course, still inaccurately showed that we had one left.

This, LOL at the people who showed up at noon pissed we were sold out.

I had several people upset we only got 14. They were like I didn't expect it to be a hot item. My favorite was the lady that told me she kept driving around. I told her at this point save her gas and call before she runs to the next store. She then ran into another upset guest and I booked ot fast out of there.

This time of year especially, Target should issue stores generic numbered tickets like they do for Black Friday sale items. Having Guests running through the store to get to the item is a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back