Archived New and old female flow team members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every area in my store is pretty varied with the exception of CA and Softlines. I have no idea if it's intentional, or just how things work out.

LOL @ being gay = good @ folding clothes.

In Navy boot camp they stress teaching you how to fold clothes an exact way so as to take up as little space as possible in confined quarters.

I'm still waiting to EVER see a female scheduled as a CA. Have any of you seen that?

Actually, yes. One of my best cart attendants was a girl. And I was cart attendant on multiple occasions

Hahaha there's also a male GSA that helps with folding and he's super helpful. I think he misses the sales floor.
Meanwhile our plano team is almost all female except for one dude (and the occasional guy on the sales floor who gets scheduled to help)
I have never seen a guy do pricing before. Also I just realized that we literally only have one male cashier

Probably between 1/3 to 1.2 of my stores flow team is female, they aren't as "fast" but wayyyyy more accurate and thorough (Which IMO is more important)..

My whole Plano team is Female, and I am a dude and am Signing Spec (and was raised to be extremely chivalrous) which probably makes me the most abused person in our store.

PS: I have worked at my store for almost 5 years and have never seen a female Cart Attendant.

Our BRTL is a woman and also a Sr. TL, she's been working for Target for like 100 years but gets shit done. We have one O/N Flow TL that's a woman, the other two are men but our ETL-Log is a woman who also has been in that role forever. We have women who also help unload the truck. In my experience it's been the men that NCNS and suck most of the time. Not making a sexist comment it's just what I've noticed.

In my store most of the Logistics Overnight departments or teams whatever you want to call it are women. I would say it's 80% women, 20% men.

In my store most of the Logistics Overnight departments or teams whatever you want to call it are women. I would say it's 80% women, 20% men.
Really? That's like the opposite in most stores

Our line team is probably 60% female. Our female ETL-LOG used to help throw the truck (not once or twice, but every truck for like 6 months!) 3 of our 6 BRTMs are female. Our softlines team is entirely female, but a decent percentage (maybe 50/50?) of our hardlines Flow team is female too. Our Flow TL is female, and she never seems to consider gender when it comes to asking people to do things (she's just as likely to ask a girl to help a guy lift the oversized mirrors- it's more about finding someone who is nearby)

Female TMs end up doing about half of the carry outs, regardless of the item.

It's true, I've never seen a female cart attendant, but I've only known of 3 people actually scheduled for CA shifts. The majority of the time we don't have a CA on the clock, and when that's the case the female GSA will go out and get carts, and 2 of our female ETLs are really good about going out and getting them.

The boys on our Flow team talk and waste way more time than the girls, so even though the girls may be slightly slower when it comes to heavy items, they're still faster because the guys will literally stand around and talk. (...I use the words "boys" and "girls" very intentionally there. Not sure of the exact age of these kids, but they're all hovering somewhere around 20ish...and act about 14.

I can honestly only think of one or two times in the last year and a half I've been at Spot that gender has been brought up regarding tasks.

I mean sometimes when the closing sales floor team is all female you can't rely on a guy to help lift a heavy piece of furniture :rolleyes: it's more about who's available and who's the most physically capable. It's not like there aren't any guys on the team who are slow moving and out of shape or just too damn lazy

We have a pretty decent mix of men and women on our flow team, but softlines flow is all women and every new female flow hire gets sent to softlines initially.

I think @60SecondsRemaining nailed it. Women just know clothing better, especially the many different types of women's clothing. I'm very familiar with softlines from working SFS for the past few years, but even I get confused by the different types of clothing and weird names for it.

When i first got to my store it was very much females -> softlines/carts

Our backroom is mostly female now, i pushed to change up having all women over to softlines for flow. The people who are in softlines for the truck are those who are good and want to be there, so i don't have to worry about it. We have women unload the truck as well it doesn't matter to me. Either you understand and can do the job or you can't doesn't matter what you are, knowing about clothing is pretty much dependent on the person women tend to know womens clothing more often but it's not something that unteachable it's literally takes half and hour maybe to walk about and point out each article of clothing and talk about sizing and types it's not hard to learn it's just memorization. It's no different form teaching people any other product.

That doesn't make much sense!
We have a pretty decent mix of men and women on our flow team, but softlines flow is all women and every new female flow hire gets sent to softlines initially.

I think @60SecondsRemaining nailed it. Women just know clothing better, especially the many different types of women's clothing. I'm very familiar with softlines from working SFS for the past few years, but even I get confused by the different types of clothing and weird names for it.

I also wonder if women have a better sense and understanding of men's clothing. I know plenty of women who shop for their husbands but I know few husbands who shop for their wives (insert lingerie jokes)

I also wonder if women have a better sense and understanding of men's clothing. I know plenty of women who shop for their husbands but I know few husbands who shop for their wives (insert lingerie jokes)
Hahahahaha even though I love clothes I don't know shit about men's clothing. A guest asked me if we sold dickies (apparently those are dress shorts) and I was thinking "WHAT ARE THOOOOSE"

Hahahahaha even though I love clothes I don't know shit about men's clothing. A guest asked me if we sold dickies (apparently those are dress shorts) and I was thinking "WHAT ARE THOOOOSE"

No they are not dress shorts. Dickies is a line of work/casual but its roots are in work wear. We sell basic pants and cargo shorts. They are also a large uniform maker.. Cover-alls, scrubs, painters, mechanics, general unifoms.

LOL @ being gay = good @ folding clothes.

In Navy boot camp they stress teaching you how to fold clothes an exact way so as to take up as little space as possible in confined quarters.

I'm still waiting to EVER see a female scheduled as a CA. Have any of you seen that?

We've had one, only one, girl as a cart attendant. She quit within a month or two though.

As a guy I wouldn't want to push softlines. IF I have an Fa for softlines it freaks me out. Usually, I will just go ahead and ask someone to help me save time . All the softlines flow tms are female at my store. We did have a guy who pushed over there for a couple years and he loved it . We have women on our truck unload and IMO they do a better job than the guys. The guys will stand around and text while the ladies and busting it out . Like, I said I wouldn't want to push softlines but I can bs it like no ones business.

She won't run circles around me.

Target should have an Olympics, different categories... I'd want to enter in 2 events... CA and FA.

I'd gold medal the eff outta it!
michae10.gif

It seems like most of the cashiers at my store are female. Even the GSAs, GSTLs and service desk TMs are mostly women. Some days I'm the only guy in the front end.
Most of the guest service people at my store are guys, actually. Two girls ended up leaving for another store and there's only been one woman consistently up there. Aaaaand as of now we just hired one male cashier.

Sure, the occasional female will round up carts. I'm talking about them actually being scheduled a CA shift.

I've yet to see that...
We had a female cart attendant for years. I haven't been in that store lately, but I can't imagine that she isn't still working there. She liked the position and did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back