Archived New Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a whole row of plastic ones in my store that are smashed in or otherwise broken so maybe we’ll get the new ones at some point? My store seems to be very late for any new stuff though, and I don’t mind the plastic ones too much.

42_3photo.jpg
These are what we have while other stores in our district have the plastic ones

We have a whole row of plastic ones in my store that are smashed in or otherwise broken so maybe we’ll get the new ones at some point? My store seems to be very late for any new stuff though, and I don’t mind the plastic ones too much.

Your PMT should be fixing them or dismantling them to sweep em if they are too far gone.

Guess we have all plastic ones then? Honestly haven’t seen a single issue with any of our carts. They seem really durable, light-weight, and quiet. Better than any I’ve seen in other retail stores too. Please don’t take them away!!!

If they want to replace our motorized wheelchair cart things though, pleaseeeee!!! We all spend more time messing with those then with the carts by far.

My store replaced all carts with the new ones. The old were pictured above, the new a fairly simular but a grey metal. So far they have been great, 3 months and they still run smooth and quiet.

That’s what I said. Different words were used I guess
Right now I have 4 lanes (roughly 30-40 feet each ) of nothing but carts on my sweeps dock that were sent back not broken down

Yeah I've used the new metal carts in another store and they are very quiet and smooth! The metal is powder-coated so rust will be less of an issue.

Honestly don't mind, I'm in the same area as @HLN13 so I'm hoping my store is a test store as well.

Looks very sleek and smooth. Doing carts might just get easier again, those plastic carts literally do not hold in a slight breeze... if you're at a decline, your carts surely will unlock from the line and start rolling down the hill when you're not looking or grabbing carts.

Many literal heart attacks due to this. I've yet to cause damage to any vehicle on the job, but other cart attendants haven't been so lucky.

Guess we have all plastic ones then? Honestly haven’t seen a single issue with any of our carts. They seem really durable, light-weight, and quiet. Better than any I’ve seen in other retail stores too. Please don’t take them away!!!

If they want to replace our motorized wheelchair cart things though, pleaseeeee!!! We all spend more time messing with those then with the carts by far.
I’d imagine so fixing the motorized scooters must be an hourly project with all the fatties that use them.

What are you being told to do with the old ones ?
The vendor swaps them out at the same time they drop off the new ones.

It doesn’t seem that long ago that we updated from metal carts to the plastic ones. I can’t imagine them getting swapped out again.
If you just got the plastic ones recently, you'll probably be stuck with them for a few more years. It takes a while to manufacture several hundred thousand carts, so it's not like everyone is getting them all at once.

The rule should be that before Spot rolls any cart out they have drop at least a half dozen wood softline shelves in them for a week.
If they don't collapse, break, or fall apart, then they get to put them in stores.

I guess I’m in the minority and maybe it’s bc I’m not a cart attendant but as a guest I love the all plastic ones. They look really nice and are sooo quiet.

Agreed. Just wish they'd get washed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back