Archived new cashier

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few questions i came across

- when working self-checkout when someone tries to use a coupon, there screen tells them a team member is coming to pick up the coupon, when i come over, after i collect it, going into store mode the screen says to enter MRE for coupon, what is that? no one was there to help me at the time so i just adjust the price for them?

- also about self-checkout, they can't purchase alchol there so should i tell them to go wait in line at the registers or should just take them to a closed lane?

- alsoo self-checkout; is there a way to print a suspend slip

- also self-checkout; every so now and then a giftcard doesnt work and the register will tell you to print the slip for the guest to call the number, how do i print it on the self-checkout? or do i have to take them to the regisster

- how long is lunch/dinner?

- if someone doesn;t have their ID and looks very much older 21 we can't sell them the alcohol right?

- if the receipt paper runs out in the middle of a receipt, when i put the new paper in will a new receipt print, or do i need to press something

Let me try my best to answer:

- When you collect it and enter store mode it usually asks for the number of manufacture coupons you collected. This is to ensure they aren't doing anything shady... could that be the screen you are talking about?
- I usually send them to another lane if it's busy but if not I'll open a closed register
- Yes, just enter store mode it should be where your void buttons are
- Just press confirm or whatever and it should print, but usually I will take them to another register to confirm it's not the SCO
- Depends on the state you work in
- No you cannot
- SCO it will just print out automatically, for a normal register you have to feed it through manually

1.) It's asking how many manufacturer coupons the guest used. It's the non-target coupons that usually come out of a newspaper or something. Kindly ask how many they've used unless you've been watching, which you should be keeping an eye on each guest's transactions. It becomes natural after a while, don't worry. I'm just so use to watching every transaction and I usually already know how many coupons they are using.

2.) Both, either invite them into an already open lane, or ring them up at a lane yourself if it's not too busy. I wouldn't leave SCO if there's two or more people already using. There should be signs up already for no alcohol sales at SCO. Either those two or you can call a GSA or GSTL over to ring them up.

3.) Yes, store mode and there will be a button saying "Suspend"

4.) The receipt should just print out. I'd take to another register to find out if software is just being buggy... it's known to happen very frequently.

5.) Your lunch is an un-paid 30 minute break, some states are 45 minutes.

6.) Unless your store has signs stating that specifically, card each and every person for anything that asks. People will belly ache and get mad but it's YOUR JOB and YOUR DUTY and kindly remind them it is the law.

7.) The receipt will re-print automatically as soon as you confirm there's more paper in there. I forget what the button is called but it shows up on the screen and you press to confirm that the device is now working and filled.

I guess this is a case of ASANTS but we allow alcohol sales at our SCO.

Also if a gift card doesn’t work try it again under store mode and enter the access # yourself. Usually the guest just entered it wrong.

a few questions i came across

- when working self-checkout when someone tries to use a coupon, there screen tells them a team member is coming to pick up the coupon, when i come over, after i collect it, going into store mode the screen says to enter MRE for coupon, what is that? no one was there to help me at the time so i just adjust the price for them?

- also about self-checkout, they can't purchase alchol there so should i tell them to go wait in line at the registers or should just take them to a closed lane?

- alsoo self-checkout; is there a way to print a suspend slip

- also self-checkout; every so now and then a giftcard doesnt work and the register will tell you to print the slip for the guest to call the number, how do i print it on the self-checkout? or do i have to take them to the regisster

- how long is lunch/dinner?

- if someone doesn;t have their ID and looks very much older 21 we can't sell them the alcohol right?

- if the receipt paper runs out in the middle of a receipt, when i put the new paper in will a new receipt print, or do i need to press something

Are you afraid to ask your GSTL/GSA questions?

im not afraid I just keep forgetting while I am working, or they aren't always there when the problems arise

Sorry to bump this again, but I have had more hours working self-checkout since I came back to Target, and I would like to ask for advice in particular on handling coupons at self-checkout. There have been occasions when manufacture coupons were attached to an item a guest bought, or they match the description of items that the guest is buying, but when the coupon was scanned, the machine denied the coupon, and I hit K1 for "Accept Anyway". At the end of the transaction, when the screen asks me to enter how many manufacturer coupons were used, I enter the proper number, but the register says that the number of coupons used was incorrect and it deletes the coupons from the transaction, which is a real pain to deal with since I have to scan the coupons again or give them a store coupon to make up the amount of the coupons.

My store's leadership has recently emphasized careful monitoring at self-checkout to prevent theft and fraud, and I can't do that if I am at one self-checkout register helping a guest with coupons that match up with what they are buying, but aren't accepted by the register. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to deal with these situations? I don't want to send them to guest services as that would create more of a hassle for the guest since they have to wait again in line. Should I just offer to suspend their transaction when this happens and complete the payment at a regular register if any are open?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Should I just offer to suspend their transaction when this happens and complete the payment at a regular register if any are open?
I would void the coupon and suspend it, then take them to a nearby empty lane.
Just FYI you should void any age-restricted items too (like alcohol, paint, and certain cough medicines) before suspending or you'll be told "you can't pick up this transaction here" and will re-ring everything. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back