Archived New Cashier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I start orientation tomorrow for a cashier position and I would like to know your experiences and tips/tricks. Also i’m quite nervous 😫! This will be my first retail job!
1. Is it difficult?
2. How do you do on break/ what’s the break policy?
3. What about those security tags?

1. Not too difficult, just ask your Trainer or SETL if you have any questions.
2. There will be a break schedule on a clipboard at the front end, ask your SETL to show you if you can't find it. It should be near the red double doors leading to the TSC, unless your SETL is adjusting breaks or something.
3. Ask your TPS/APTL to show you how to remove them. We don't explain how to take them off here for security reasons.

Welcome! The front end team is one of the most important roles in the store (though really, the store wouldn't function with any of the roles missing). We are the first impression a guest gets when they enter, and the last impression they get as they're leaving. As long as you're friendly, accommodating, and make sure you're taking care of the guests, you'll do great!

The hardest part is learning the POS. Once you get all the functions down, plus the little cheats to take care of guests when something isn't working right, it's gravy. The security tags are easy enough; there are a few different types of spider wraps, so you'll just have to get experience with the different kinds and how they open. It isn't hard, I promise!

My ETL-SE has me make a break schedule when I first get in and mandate the breaks to my team, which is what the former GSAs used to do. Every ETL-SE and SETL are different, though, so it's a good question to ask your particular store when you first start.

Listen to your SETL's expectations, accept feedback, and try to have fun!

Really a pretty typical orientation. Most of your questions will be answered in the thread above. It varies by store but it’s typically a welcome, explaining the leadership, meeting AP, watching some videos about safety and different situations, sometimes a game, tour of the store, as well as getting your TM number set up and stuff like that.

Orientations will be changing a little. We no longer do paperwork during orientation, it’s all done in Workday. Trainings are also all moving to Workday. I’m guessing this means we’ll no longer have large orientations to host if everyone needs plenty of computer time 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back