Archived New designer nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does she do to increase sales? I just don't think ours is doing anything beneficial
Her displays are cohesive and actually look like set ups you'd find in homes in the area around my store, so middle or upper class homes. They tie in merchandise from different parts of the zone so guests can see what things look like side by side when it comes to trendy items.

Her displays are cohesive and actually look like set ups you'd find in homes in the area around my store, so middle or upper class homes. They tie in merchandise from different parts of the zone so guests can see what things look like side by side when it comes to trendy items.
Is it just the furniture focal a or does she do the aisles as well? My Vml is been here since August and just yesterday told me "I don't really know what I'm supposed to do". Yet she gets paid more than me and has less responsibility, doesn't help zone at night, barely covers GSTL's breaks and rarely ever responds to guest assistance.

Is it just the furniture focal a or does she do the aisles as well? My Vml is been here since August and just yesterday told me "I don't really know what I'm supposed to do". Yet she gets paid more than me and has less responsibility, doesn't help zone at night, barely covers GSTL's breaks and rarely ever responds to guest assistance.
She does aisles as well. (She worked her way up from TM level to ETL-GE at a different store when other ETLs moved to come to my store, but the position was too stressful, so Target offered her the VML position at my store rather than lose her talent because she has a degree that pertains to the position.) She zones, covers for TL and LOD breaks, sometimes doubles as operator in the mornings if people call off.

Loved Michael Graves' home designs & Isaac's linens (sucker for poppies).
Nate's stuff is drab & blah-looking.
I did love the Michael Graves home stuff boy that was a long long time ago in my opinion that was the best and they should've stopped there I.M. right was not bad either
The Toms stuff was about as boring as as old toast
I do agree about the Bradys and I think I'm going to cut my hair in Mrs. Brady's shag

At my store, probably the VML, because we lucked out and managed to get a rockstar VML. She works wonders with furniture sales through her displays.
You are so right about that I absolutely love our VML
I also love how you respond so quickly end nicely when they ask for back up you rock 2

I sorta love when we have designer collections when people actually gaf about the designer lol. But I hate when there are no rules. I always feel bad for the people who genuinely wanna wear the clothes when they lose out to ebayers.

I'm not a fan of marimekko though so I'm not excited as a potential shopper. Lim was the last designer I gaf about I think. I got a bag and sweater. No wait... Peter Pilotto was after Lim I think. I bought swimwear from that one.
Me too! A few years ago the Designer was Prabal Gurung (I'd never heard of him), it was one of the first times they had a Look Book. I had this sweet college girl come in first thing in the morning and tried a bunch on and bought quite a bit (she was a FAN). Now this was not a crazy feeding frenzy inducing design partnership, she was really the first person I'd seen looking at it. She asked me about a certain dress (one that we didn't get) and I got my RTW adjacency out and found the closest store that WOULD have it. Before I could offer to have our guest services call for her, she had found the number and called them on her cell. She and I were both disappointed when they had the dress she wanted IN her size and they wouldn't even hold it for an hour (about how long it would have taken he to drive to this store). This was pre-Vibe but I thought it was a bad show on that store's part.

Normally it would be sltl and signing/pog or lod.

This set will be vml, signing, and lod/tl that was signing.

The vml isn't needed to set it, but i get the feeling they've been pushed to help. So much hype and worry. I'm already done worrying. I can't even buy anything cause I'll be paying my taxes the next day.

Me too! A few years ago the Designer was Prabal Gurung (I'd never heard of him), it was one of the first times they had a Look Book. I had this sweet college girl come in first thing in the morning and tried a bunch on and bought quite a bit (she was a FAN). Now this was not a crazy feeding frenzy inducing design partnership, she was really the first person I'd seen looking at it. She asked me about a certain dress (one that we didn't get) and I got my RTW adjacency out and found the closest store that WOULD have it. Before I could offer to have our guest services call for her, she had found the number and called them on her cell. She and I were both disappointed when they had the dress she wanted IN her size and they wouldn't even hold it for an hour (about how long it would have taken he to drive to this store). This was pre-Vibe but I thought it was a bad show on that store's part.

I loved Prabal! It was so pretty and colorful and floral without being... Too much. I would've held it lol. Whenever we hold things we're not supposed to, we just keep them in the fitting room.

While I agree it was the worst executed launch (several people at my old store and another local store I stopped in had no clue what I was talking about when I asked about it, even though the store did have some of the stuff), I think that the Missoni stuff is the ugliest designer stuff we've carried. My old store had racks of it left for months after it was released and it just looks hideous. Then again, I'm a guy and I do enjoy wearing plaid and flannel clothes, but I've seen women wear the Missoni stuff in person and it just awful.
We had a EC of luggage from that and it blew out within a few minutes. This guest piled her cart full. I was like "what...?"

So how busy are we expecting it to be tomorrow? Lily Pulitzer proportions? Glad my shift is at 2pm, lol

For the longest time I thought my VML was just a softlines TM, then I realized she's paid as much as a SR. TL... Still do not know what the extra pay is for..

Marimekko shoppers all seem to be shopping for themselves. I am glad about that. I like some of it.

There's a special return policy for the designer stuff? Will it specify on the receipt?

14 days. It is on the receipt with the item. Also, signs are up on the racks.

Some of the home stuff is honestly super cute. There's this one blue flowery maxi dress that honestly looks like a moomoo. The little kids bathing suits are adorableeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back