I'm Lost! New employee question?

I got hired on fully from seasonal but I was talked too about two times about bringing up the red card, I’m a GSA, so they said it’s gonna be documented I assume for a paper trail, not a lot of the cashiers are really asking besides two people I can think of so I’m gonna start because I wanna stay on, but what is the process for coaching and then eventually like write ups?

How do they plan on documenting it? We used to be tracked but I dont' think that happens anymore.

How do they plan on documenting it? We used to be tracked but I dont' think that happens anymore.
he said she was just gonna document that I’ve been talked too twice and that’s it in case it goes any further like I don’t ask for red cards

Its a coaching.

1st Rule about working the Front...Push the Red Card
2nd Rule about working the Front...Push the Red Card
3rd Rule about working the Front...RED CARD RED CARD RED CARD
If the problem gets solved is there anything else they can do? They say I’m excellent at everything else and they give me a lot of hours compared to other cashiers.

he said she was just gonna document that I’ve been talked too twice and that’s it in case it goes any further like I don’t ask for red cards
Pushing the Red Card and being consistent is the only fix. Just make it a habit to ask all guests about the Red Card even for small transactions.

Re-occuring coachings lead to corrective actions. Corrective actions lead to being let go.

Pushing the Red Card and being consistent is the only fix. Just make it a habit to ask all guests about the Red Card even for small transactions.

Re-occuring coachings lead to corrective actions. Corrective actions lead to being let go.
Even if you ask every guest for a red card and say out of 50 I get a yes, am I dinged for not getting enough or does just asking and promoting it fix the issue?

Some stores will watch cashiers like a hawk to ensure they are promoting the Red Card. Thats your store.

They cannot ding you for the guest saying no. They can ding you for not asking.

If you notice the transaction will be more than $100. I would ask at the beginning and end of the transaction mention the amount the guest can save. Even mention the Debit option.

Some stores will watch cashiers like a hawk to ensure they are promoting the Red Card. Thats your store.

They cannot ding you for the guest saying no. They can ding you for not asking.

If you notice the transaction will be more than $100. I would ask at the beginning and end of the transaction mention the amount the guest can save. Even mention the Debit option.
Thank you, you made my anxiety feel a little better, they told me off the clock right when I was leaving that she was gonna document it so I wasn’t on the clock to be able to ask questions until I go in Friday, but anyways thank you for the information

Talk about the circle too.
I always bring up circle and then I always have good conversations and try and save them money if they’re buying certain items that are on circle ( baby stuff , dog food ) just gotta work on promoting the red card which honestly shouldn’t be too hard,

I have 3 questions i ask every order, do you have target circle? Are you interested inn a red card? Do you want a bag?

What the fuck is target circle even about? Some points reward program? My store didnt advertise it right.

It’s also giving every purchase a voice on where’s Target gives back to the community.

Fist go around I was super happy with the choices and had a hard time deciding how to allocate my votes.
This time around there just aren’t any I even want to give to. They aren’t bad per se.. but, they aren’t even close to being local..

Back