Archived New Employee Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do those 5 things. Going with the flow is my plan - not work too hard, don't sweat, avoid dealing with customers as much as possible.

I don't want to go far. I want to go to the end of the holiday season and leave on a positive note so that I can get rehired for future holiday seasons if I apply.

I just want to collect my cash, work as easy as I can, and get out.

If you don't want to deal with guests, you have the wrong position. Salesfloor TM have to deal with guests, Salesfloor TM also have to cashier sometimes. Maybe you can switch to the flow team, they work early mornings and have very little guest interactions.

Second job i assume?

Yes. I wasn't able to work out my situation to get the job I wanted this holiday season. That position would have been ideal but someone else will get it instead of me.

So I started applying and accepted the first position offered.

I think I should have skipped Target and held out for another position that was hiring later into the holiday season.

If you don't want to deal with guests, you have the wrong position. Salesfloor TM have to deal with guests, Salesfloor TM also have to cashier sometimes. Maybe you can switch to the flow team, they work early mornings and have very little guest interactions.

The flow team starts too early for me. If they would let me be part of the flow team and work during the hours the store is open, I would have preferred that.

The flow team starts too early for me. If they would let me be part of the flow team and work during the hours the store is open, I would have preferred that.
Lol I got hired friday as a second job, except I decided to go for the flow team. 3:30-8 am, sounds like I won't have to deal with too many customers, kinda having buyers remorse like you are too though, hope it won't be too awful...

Don't be afraid to ask questions. No matter how big, small, important, crazy, or stupid it might seem. If you're not sure, ask. Your fellow team members and leaders are there to help.

Also, be aware of AP (Assets Protection, aka store security) and what you can do to help them out, as well as what they can do to help you. We rely on our team members for information to help us do our jobs, and we try to help out with other things when we can. Just keep your eyes and ears open. General rule of thumb (that I totally didn't steal from a TV commercial): If you see something, say something.

Good luck, and welcome to Target! :)

Last edited:
Lol I got hired friday as a second job, except I decided to go for the flow team. 3:30-8 am, sounds like I won't have to deal with too many customers, kinda having buyers remorse like you are too though, hope it won't be too awful...

Flow isnt bad. The store is closed most of your shift and at my store you can listen to music while the store is closed..

Plus by being off at 8 you will have your whole day ahead of you.

hiring event and cutting hours in the same sentence doesn't seem right.
SOP, tho.
Spot doesn't set aside hours for training any more so they gut hours of the current workforce to give to trainees at a lower wage, too so win-win.
After the holidays, they look for rockstars among the rookies desperate for a job & shed the deadwood.
Nothing personal; just needs of the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back