Archived New Flow TM, Crash Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am a recent new hire at a store that receives a fairly high to high volume of trucks from what I heard from my interviews. I finished my orientation and tonight is my first actual work night. I have read countless threads on here and yahoo answers just trying to familiarize myself with as much as possible but I figured I would register and make a thread of my own just for good measure.

I am schedule for the next two weeks to be trained on MWF, 11pm-3am. I did hear from the HR person doing my orientation that we are guaranteed 20 hours at least, so I assume that would be after my 2 weeks of training?

Anyway, what would a basic run down of my first night, as well as my nights for my training weeks look like more or less.

It seems many people don't get trained properly from the threads I've read so I guess give it to me in a "best case scenario".

Anything else I should know? Any tips? Anything I should avoid or watch out for?

Thanks in advance!

Everything you need to know is on the pick label (label on box). If you're bowling, slide it down the aisle according to the numbers on the pick label.

http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/30-Flow

Ask questions, especially if doing unload. It's 10x better to ask, 'where does this go?' 5 times than to assume and put stuff on the wrong pallet. It affects everyone throughout the day. Other than that, read labels and commit as much info to memory as possible. If your trainer isn't willing to answer questions or isn't generally helpful, it's normal. Flow is easy to get complacent, don't cut corners or work slowly. Move quickly and with purpose.

And yes, it's normal to be given short shifts and only scheduled for the freight trucks. Sooner or later you'll be asked to stay longer and start doing FDC trucks and maybe signing. If you have questions, feel free to ask here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back