Archived New Flow TM, how to become a TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
who does the interviews for TL position??? Who are the people making decisions to promote someone? Is it like a round table or panel interview with STL, ETL, TL ? or maybe a DTL?
Interview with the ETL-HR, then STL, then DTL. Then you're benched and ready to become a TL...when there is an open position....which you'll have to interview for... :D

LOL

Wow - didn't think the process would be that tough.

The 'fourth interview' is really only necessary if you're not applying for a position right away. It may also be less of an interview and more of an informal talk about the position opening and how you would make a good contribution.
Also, depending on how badly your leadership wants you in a TL role determines how the first two interviews go. If your STL really wants you to be a TL, the first two will quite smoothly. If you're bad at interviews (like I am) they may use them to get you ready for the big guy/gal.

And because I know it will come up, I'll just say it now:
DIFFERENT STORES MAKE DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES

I could use some practice for sure...

Even bigger problem is how to get STL or ETL-HR to like me enough to even be considered...We do have quite a list of good candidates who are constantly praised for the quality and quantity of work they put in consistently.

No worries...I-uhmm..it's fine....They'll notice me soon enough as I start breaking down the walls that separate me from my destiny...err..goal.

Woohoo! GO PENROSE! We'll all be able to say we knew you when. :) Don't be nervous; if it's something that feels right to you then go ahead and do it. There are NO TMs on bench at my store currently; I know it's different everywhere but it may be quicker than you think.

Thanks, @SrslySpot . My plan might change though, I am now thinking of a corporate job... but then becoming TL will probably help me get that corporate job.. So, it is still in my list.

Will do... it would be soo cool, if it does happen to me, especially reaching for my ultimate impossible dream -- corporate job as an analyst.

From the store level, maybe not the best way to corp. layoffs are happening again any day. But, in the bank industry, you will well in.

True, I don't need to limit myself.. I'll think about that.. for now, it's learning time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back