Archived New forced to smile policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Master Thread Maker
At the huddle we were informed that if you don't smile and act happy while you're at work especially when guest walk past you, you will get a coaching. They don't want anyone to look like they hate their job. Anyone else have something like this in place?

That doesn't seem like a change in policy. We've always been asked to give great guest service and one of the metrics is something like "team members were interested in helping me." You can't do either of those well with a scowl on your face.

That said, if this is a problem in your store, they need to get to the root of the problem, not just tell everyone to suck it up and smile.

polls_droopy_dog_happy_3655_529040_answer_7_xlarge.jpeg

If you want great guest service to be consistent, you need to invest in your employees. Build loyalty and trust so they can perform at their best all the time and the best part is it'll come from them not because they have to. I always try to be happy with my team even if I'm frustrated. It radiates from leadership. If your store leadership are a bunch of douches, it'll trickle down.

ETL-HR was pretty serious about it. She said even if you're consumed with your work you have to stop to at least smile. Apparently guests really hate it when you give them resting bitch face when you're up to your ass in planograms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back