Archived New forced to smile policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, ever since I figured out that I have a resting FOD (Fuck Off and Die) face, it behooved me to develop a mild smile to keep from scaring children and small animals.
However, there is no way on this green earth that I would play Chuckles The Clown to make the ETLs happy.
There is such a thing as professionalism, where you ask a guest customer what they need, find it and send them on their way in a polite fashion without resorting to a misconceived idea of how people should behaving when they work retail.
I do not expect the TMs who help me to act like they have been huffing nitrous oxide to think I'm getting good service.

Last edited:
I can see when TMs are smiling their fake smiles & being cheerful to the point of nails scraping down a chalkboard before getting guest complaints about how 'insincere & fake' our TMs are.
Better still: when a GSTM is exuding cheeriness while declining a return & being accused by a guest of 'being a smarta$$'.
Like to see THOSE survey scores....

I like to smile when I fart.

I must eat moar beans for Spot!
beerchug.gif

New policy?, this has always been something you had to do working in retail. When the higher ups made a visit they probably saw a few workers who hate their job and told the ETLS to make a change. :rolleyes:

I think I have a "I'm thinking about donuts right now" face...

I can see when TMs are smiling their fake smiles & being cheerful to the point of nails scraping down a chalkboard before getting guest complaints about how 'insincere & fake' our TMs are.
Better still: when a GSTM is exuding cheeriness while declining a return & being accused by a guest of 'being a smarta$$'.
Like to see THOSE survey scores....
Or when a manager comes to help an angry customer as the cashier is trying to be friendly and smile, and the customer tells the manager to tell "this stupid bitchy girl to wipe that smirk off her face."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back