Archived New group of kindergarteners.. um ETLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently I feel we are running our store with a bunch of kindergarten kids. Physical age doesn't bother me one bit but mental age is something else. We have ETLs riding pallet jacks and carts. They play dress up while we are trying to finish a 2900 piece truck. They drop man cafs in the middle of the day without warning or thinking about who we have to actually pull and work those. They walk right past guests without saying a word. They go out drinking, get falling down drunk and post the pictures on instagram. I have never ever seen anything so disgusting and irresponsible in my time at Spot. They give orders like I want Joe out of here in 6 weeks. Write him up for for being 1 minute late if you have to, I want him gone now.This is all because Joe questioned why they were dropping additional pulls when the trucks from the last 3 yes 3 trucks still wasn't complete. If store modernization means no common sense then I want no part of it. Attitude and performance flows from the top down. With the new group we have gotten in the last 4 months, our previous green metrics across all areas of the store has us at flaming red everywhere. According to them it is because the team isn't being held accountable and we need to push them harder because they are going to be making so much more. No its because there are some really dumb decisions being made at store level and leadership does not know the meaning of team work. I am really beginning to hate my job

Document everything, down to the date and time. Get a small journal and carry it with you to record it all if you have to. If their metrics are in the red, chances are they're being watched by higher ups.

It might not matter much @tellmeaboutatime, but "the eye in the sky" sees everything. If your metrics were once green, but are now red, yeah these "kindergarten kids" won't be around long. Now who you will get as a replacement, that I don't know. Hopefully ppl WITH common sense.

Just retweet the photo's. This is when your burner account comes in mighty handy..

I feel your pain, my store had a major change over in the last year and they are green as the growing grass with almost no grasp of what our needs to run properly.

I am looking for work that isn't Spot. I have had some bad times but this is getting deep..

At my store, ETLs & TLs can get in serious trouble socializing with TMs outside of work.
As to posting pics, I think that falls under spot's social media guidelines.

Are they drinking on the job? Are they drunk on the job? Is their insta connected to their jobs at all? If not, then mind your business. How many regular tm/tls do the same

I grew up in the age before social media, I know when you do stupid shit don't take pictures. And you sure as shit don't post them on the internet. A few at the bar or at a show but if it is an all the time thing? And they come in hung over constantly, might be worth a couple retweets..

If they're drunk on the job, then fuck them, they shouldn't have their Etl status. Doesn't like they were, OP just sounds bitter.

OP, I think it might be a good idea for you to discuss some of your concerns with the appropriate people.

Option A: Do this by expressing your concern that you noticed some specific metrics had dropped and that you’d like to work on fixing those by doing X. You’re not calling out anyone or complaining. You’re asking for the chance to take responsibility of one metric (other stuff tbd).

Option B: Do this by bitching to your TL about their peers/superiors.

Even if the person you need to meet with is one of the “kindergartners” you described, you’re not actually calling them or their friends out by going with A...
Rise above, act mature, and leave the ego at the door.

Bitter? About what? I like my job. I'm good at my job. I take pride in my job. It kills me to watch our once green store turn into a train wreck in a few short months.I cannot in good consciense coach a team member on a safety violation that an ETL is continually breaking. I will not performance someone out for bogus reasons no matter what my ETL says. The pictures of the drunken idiots have their name badges on. Yes it does fall directly in social media guidelines for ETLS. This is the best we can do now at Target?

Bitter? About what? I like my job. I'm good at my job. I take pride in my job. It kills me to watch our once green store turn into a train wreck in a few short months.I cannot in good consciense coach a team member on a safety violation that an ETL is continually breaking. I will not performance someone out for bogus reasons no matter what my ETL says. The pictures of the drunken idiots have their name badges on. Yes it does fall directly in social media guidelines for ETLS. This is the best we can do now at Target?
So take a pic of the ETL blatantly breaking rules and take a pic of them on the clock (or with badges on) drinking... do what you need to do then.

How have your store's sales been since this unfortunate silliness has begun? Is your store making goals and comping?

Our DTL is big about twitter and i would expect most of them are as well. If your leads are truly being unprofessional and it reflects badly on your store, tweet away at yours with an anonymous account .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back