Archived New gsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I just got hired as a gsa at target and my frist shift of traning is tommorw morning is there any advice? Also what does a gsa do actually?

Hi everyone I just got hired as a gsa at target and my frist shift of traning is tommorw morning is there any advice? Also what does a gsa do actually?
Ask questions, if you don't understand something ask again. You are already hired, be confident and own it!

A GSA is the poor mans GSTL or Guest service Team Leader... you basically will be running all the lanes as giving your cashiers breaks and making sure all Guest get through the lines fast... you will have to push the poor cashiers to sell red cards that no one wants... and help out guest services will the horrible guests... GSA is one of the hardest and least paying jobs at target so good luck with that if have any questions there is the front lanes guides that could help you

Also have a thick skin... guests are going to be mean don't have them affect you or you will have a bad day lol

Last edited:
Some of my friends work there and apparently it got around that I got a gsa position so some of my friends who are cashiers and who have been there for a while are upset with the fact I was even offered it.

Yea my GSA is at either 10.50 or 11 like you are lucky getting 14 xD

I mean you kind of act like you manage them even tho you are not a manager so they could be annoyed that you can tell them what to do

Yeah but I feel like they offered me this because I was a fes at Ross which is a front end supervisor.
But when I applied for target I applied for the Starbucks and then at the end of my interviews they offered me that job lol

Hopefully you last longer than our last GSA.. he lasted 2... whole... weeks

Well the etl said not to just quit on him to give it like a bit of time and if we don't like our position he will switch us to a new thing. He said this guy that works there has been moved departments a lot because he didn't like it.

It's not a hard job compared to other normal jobs but you will get stressed and tired of it incredibly fast

Does anyone know what "order pick up" on your schedule means? I'm a new gsa as well and my schedule for the first week all has shifts that say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back