New here! Need answers please

Hi! I just got hired and still on my 90 days probation, the HR just call me earlier and asked if i can go to work for 4pm-10pm today, but i don't know if i can do it because i have work at 4am tomorrow, do you think it's gonna be a problem if i declined to go to work for today? Thanks for the answers!

Hi! I just got hired and still on my 90 days probation, the HR just call me earlier and asked if i can go to work for 4pm-10pm today, but i don't know if i can do it because i have work at 4am tomorrow, do you think it's gonna be a problem if i declined to go to work for today? Thanks for the answers!
Trouble no. As for staying on past 90 it might affect that.

You aren't under any obligation to say yes. I would just say something like I have to go in for 4am tomorrow so no, I can't work tonight.

You are only responsible for shifts that are assigned to you and ones you pickup. They are simply asking you if you are available to come in and work a shift; its not a demand.

If you have to work at 4am at Target, they shouldn't even be asking you to work until 10! It is completely inconsiderate.

You could always talk to your shift leader and ask them if you could leave a little early because of your second job.

Most states have an 8 hour turn around for shifts.

Keep in mind the person that called you probably hasn't even looked at tomorrow's scheduled and they're just trying to fill tonight's shifts... you can always say, sorry I'm at a picnic and I'm drinking...lol

Lol welcome to the shitshow company, I left there weeks ago and don’t miss it. You don’t wanna stay there unless you’re at a lucky store that doesn’t have lots of drama and bad management and toxic coworkers.

Grab the cash and do it. It will benefit you in the long run and give HR and TL's the impression that you are flexible and willing to help. They could kick your ass out the front door on day 90 for so much as farting in the break room You're young, what the hell.

It used to be back in the day that you had to have at least 8 hours between your shifts or they had to pay you overtime, but that has since changed. If it were me I would say no, as I need more sleep than that.

It used to be back in the day that you had to have at least 8 hours between your shifts or they had to pay you overtime, but that has since changed. If it were me I would say no, as I need more sleep than that.
Must be a state by state thing. The 5 states I’ve worked in since 94 weren’t required to pay ot. It was just a rule to give 8 hours and shifts were adjusted if not.

Back