Archived New Hires Being Paid Under Pay Grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be 100% off here but this is what i heard from a few new hires. I know we arent supposed to discuss pay with each other but some peple do anyway. When i was hired i was hired on at ( just made up numbers for a point) $8.25 for BR/logistics there is 3 other people that were hired at the same time that get paid the same, fast forward a few years later i was talking to our newer backroom person who was thinking of quitting because he was hired at $7.25. He said they told him only full time gets the $8.25, which i know is total BS cuz i was hired on as part time seasonal help. $7.25 is what they pay sales floor here, i know because a handful of sales floor quit because they were shifted to BR but still being paid salesfloor. Is it just something new they are doing? Alot of our people are quitting because it litterally pays more to flip burgers or (god forbid) work at wal-mart.

totally bogus in my experience - all team members hired in whether regular or seasonal get paid the current rate for that pay grade.

team members 'shifted' to a different work center permanently should be transferred to the pay rate for that work center.

This my experience - might be different in different markets, but I doubt it.

My experience is the same as Annie's. At my store, you usually have to request that they change your work center, if you're moving to a higher-paying position, but the last time I did that I got like $350 of retro pay. Woohoo! I know for a fact that one of our seasonal BRTMs is getting paid the same as me, if you factor out the merit increase I got in Mayish.

I have always thought that for seasonal TM's they get paid less, because they will generally get more hours, but the store won't be able to pay them (or so they say) the current wage of regular TM's for that same amount. In my store (might be different for others), but for us, I started out at in the BR at $8.50, then a merit raise across my department pushed everyone up 50 cents higher, so I was then getting paid $9 an hour, then of course my annual review came around, so I am currently getting $9.25 an hour. Which I think is decent for what we do in logistics, but if my boss wants me to run to get items, then he better bump me up to $10 or $11 an hour, because I am not doing that for any less.

I was moved from seasonal HL to photo, and it took a few months before HR keyed in my workcenter change. I received retro pay, and that was a decent paycheck!

I was moved from seasonal HL to photo, and it took a few months before HR keyed in my workcenter change. I received retro pay, and that was a decent paycheck!

that would have been a promotion, not because of seasonal, but because it was to photo.

that would have been a promotion, not because of seasonal, but because it was to photo.

Thought I quoted another post. I was replying in reference to:

At my store, you usually have to request that they change your work center, if you're moving to a higher-paying position, but the last time I did that I got like $350 of retro pay.

I started at minimum wage, so it couldn't have happened to me when I was hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back