Archived New HRTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
HR v. HR S+D

I use to be both a Human Resources TL and a HR Staffing & Development TL (now phased out I believe). The role will vary from store to store. You will be doing the same kind of work as that of a HRTM as well as that of your ETL-HR depending on what things they delegate to you. You will most definitely captain new team member orientation and the training program. In addition I served as the Donations Coordinator, led the scheduling process, and was assessments captain. I took the bulk of the stress from my ETL and thoroughly enjoyed both roles.

What was the difference between the two roles, might I ask? When I had a conversation with my STL the other day she I would technically be "staffing and developing".

I think its the new structure of the general merchandise stores. I just made HRTL in my store and its just going to be The EhrTL and myself. I am a bit worried about the core roles as well

No TM? thats odd. The Core Roles are a bit vague. Everything is "facilitate" this and that...

The differences are slight on paper per core roles but in my experience they were the same. The HR core four focuses when I was HR SDTL were (1) retention, (2) development, (3) staffing and (4) brand. This leader should spin his/her time focusing on staffing (hiring) and development (training). This position was (or maybe still is) allocated to reallyhigh volume and HRSP (high risk) stores. I operated in a HRSP environment. This position has the potential to be one with high exposure If you're looking to promote because the work you do, if allowed to do it properly, will put you in contact with all leaders and team members in the building as you drive a culture of training. I was promoted to a Sr. TL-Sales Floor stemming from my drive for results and overall retention numbers. You will also do the usual HR things such as payroll (fixing punches and whatnot) planning and executing FFF events, updating conmunication boards, etc.although the core roles say otherwise. I found it to be extremely fun and rewarding. Some buildings mostly really high volume will have both a HRTL and HRSDTL which I think is a bit of overkill but that's my opinion. PM me with any specific questions as I can go on and on. Please be mindful that I have not oprated in this position since October 2009 so things have changed a bit I'm sure.

Great!

The differences are slight on paper per core roles but in my experience they were the same. The HR core four focuses when I was HR SDTL were (1) retention, (2) development, (3) staffing and (4) brand. This leader should spin his/her time focusing on staffing (hiring) and development (training). This position was (or maybe still is) allocated to reallyhigh volume and HRSP (high risk) stores. I operated in a HRSP environment. This position has the potential to be one with high exposure If you're looking to promote because the work you do, if allowed to do it properly, will put you in contact with all leaders and team members in the building as you drive a culture of training. I was promoted to a Sr. TL-Sales Floor stemming from my drive for results and overall retention numbers. You will also do the usual HR things such as payroll (fixing punches and whatnot) planning and executing FFF events, updating conmunication boards, etc.although the core roles say otherwise. I found it to be extremely fun and rewarding. Some buildings mostly really high volume will have both a HRTL and HRSDTL which I think is a bit of overkill but that's my opinion. PM me with any specific questions as I can go on and on. Please be mindful that I have not oprated in this position since October 2009 so things have changed a bit I'm sure.

I looked up the core roles and the HRSDTL position doesn't exist anymore. I guess they have made it one position. Thank you.

My position in our building should be hrtl, but we aren't high enough in volume. Did you start the position yet? Any questions? ??? I can answer most any questions

My position in our building should be hrtl, but we aren't high enough in volume. Did you start the position yet? Any questions? ??? I can answer most any questions

I have been training, but i don't officially start until May, week 2. Any and All advice welcome.

I have been training, but i don't officially start until May, week 2. Any and All advice welcome.
Just ask or search our threads depending on questions.

we just got approved for a HRTL also at my store I let them know i was interested they are talking about not posting it not sure though. Ive been the planogram tl for the past 6 years and im ready for a change even though i know my ETL will fight me leaving. I am at the end of my college classes and will have my business degree in the next 6 months and think this position will help me get more experience. I think that coaching etc is uncomfortable for me even though my etl says i do a good job im always afraid to say the wrong thing.

we just got approved for a HRTL also at my store I let them know i was interested they are talking about not posting it not sure though. Ive been the planogram tl for the past 6 years and im ready for a change even though i know my ETL will fight me leaving. I am at the end of my college classes and will have my business degree in the next 6 months and think this position will help me get more experience. I think that coaching etc is uncomfortable for me even though my etl says i do a good job im always afraid to say the wrong thing.
Apply for it. Great interview practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back