Archived New instocks process

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went straight SAR months ago and combined it with the 4x4 walks. Broke the store up into grids and it works great. Honestly if you can't scan on truck days until push and backstock are done when you have a 48 hr truck filter what use is the task list. SAR shows you multiple locations, so you can fill it on the spot. If you say no on confirm drastic count item it sends it to your report so you have a week to look for it to avoid large count dollar updates. If you want some cover quickly scan the outs in the aisle your doing in item search using the instocks page and pass on updating items with that days date as recieved, simply write the date on the dot so you can update it next time you scan there if the item isn't there by then.
Any system that uses outs scanning is stupid and a waste of time. Any system that asks you not to research everyday but tells you to do RIGS everyday when RIGS ARE research is stupid. Most of you are seeing how quickly your visual instocks nosedive when you stop doing research, which is what this process change encourages. So unless your planning on learning French abandon ship now before your store looks like its in Canada.

Call me a conspiracy nut but I don't know if this process was meant to succeed. The failure of this process combined with MyTime's cuts in hours clears the path to institute VIPER.

Call me a conspiracy nut but I don't know if this process was meant to succeed. The failure of this process combined with MyTime's cuts in hours clears the path to institute VIPER.
I am glade I am not the only one thinking this. I thought I was being paranoid too but with all the hours going to the sales floor (they are all doing 4x4s, learning how to drop batches for ad items and making rain checks) and instocks hours cut drastically it seems they are easing us into the VIPER rollout.

I am glade I am not the only one thinking this. I thought I was being paranoid too but with all the hours going to the sales floor (they are all doing 4x4s, learning how to drop batches for ad items and making rain checks) and instocks hours cut drastically it seems they are easing us into the VIPER rollout.

This is the conclusion I came to yesterday when trying to figure out why the backroom hours were cut so bad.

I'm only on the first post, but project viper sounds like the old days. A TL has their own dept(s) to watch, does their own research for those areas, and does their own pulls - which TLs used to do since the early side of BR (used for Backstocking the truck) was often too busy working on the truck backstock, and couldn't do pulls for the sales floor TLs.

Oh, except now these people won't be called "TL's" or paid to be TL's.

huh

Last edited:
I'm curious- on the schedule function on the PDA , IS is listed under salesfloor but the TL is IS/BR under the logistics ETL. Who thought that was a good idea? I think this thread shows pretty clearly that flow and BR interests many times directly conflict with IS interests. I hate that IS is the low man on that totem pole.

And we are shooting outs but the number of research scans are still weighted when we don't research much anymore, compared to before..

Just make up your minds, please..

What's your research schedule for the holidays? 3 days per week only looks like it's out at my store and we seem to be trying something new every week.

Is anyone else sick of the checklane RIGS? Everyday we have one to three items to research at each checklane. That wouldn't be so bad, but they are the same damn items every week: Disney Princess toys, Wet Ones, Target Hand Sanitizer, EOS Lip Balm, and batteries, batteries, batteries. Then, if you are even one off on the batteries, it appears on the next day's Drastic Change Report. Our team finds it very annoying. We prefer the old method of researching the checklanes as a whole, once a week on a Monday, and then having an occasional RIG there the rest of the week.

I just do them and then enter the yesterdays count on todays drastic count. What I love is Pogs that don't actually have pegged locations cause it can't exist on the checklane. So it won't drop off the rig list since it thinks its short several hundred batteries.

We do the same. Put in our previous day's actual count and then check the Electronics stockroom for any unlocated cases. The POG without pegged locations, are you talking about the giant free-standing battery spinner at the checklanes?

We do the same. Put in our previous day's actual count and then check the Electronics stockroom for any unlocated cases. The POG without pegged locations, are you talking about the giant free-standing battery spinner at the checklanes?

Those spinners are a nightmare of their own. I am not sure what happened but on a couple check lanes, they are structured differently than the rest of them. They physically don't have space for all the things that are supposed to be there.. So instead of fixing it, its been left like that so rigs are always asking for things that are not there. POG never My Supported it, they just didn't put up the pegs when they set it.

I have a running log of stuff Pog has promised to fix and haven't. Cause I just hit my limit of fixing it.. After all I zone and scan shoes. That just maxes out what a person is capable of.. ;)

Has anyone else noticed on some of the new home décor pogs that some items are just not tied to the pog? But have a shelf label? Rest of the items are all there. We won't talk about the spacing issue that has not been fixed.. I have a list of those that certain POG team members just set and forget leaving us to clean up the mess.. Like every label in the right side 12 inches for a 4ft section..

Last edited:
Our entire logistics process is shattered into a million tiny pieces (kind of like my heart at this point) so it's going like that, basically. Half the time we're lucky if flow is done pushing consumables/pfresh by 10am on our food day so that we can actually scan over there, and the other half we're lucky if we get to scan at all instead of getting pulled to the back to help backstock the zillion and a half trucks we've fallen behind on.

Also, does anyone else have an issue with RIGs pulling items that already have a full capacity on the floor? For example: The other day I scanned juice that had a capacity of 15 on the shelf, and the shelf was full with 15 eaches. There were no other locations, the capacity is accurate, but it still pulls the damn product if it's located in the back every. single. time.

Has anyone else noticed on some of the new home décor pogs that some items are just not tied to the pog? But have a shelf label? Rest of the items are all there.

Yeah, I noticed that at least one entire shelf of items didn't have schematics on the labels. It's like they printed an entire strip of generic labels. I = confused.

ours have schematics printed but when you scan it it is invalid. And in item search no locs.

I've seen that happen before when the POG is coded as a transition but it's actually a revision. Used to happen occasionally in entertainment. There have been times when they send different strips than the POG you're actually tied to. I'd mySupport it. Something wonky is going on.

I've seen that happen before when the POG is coded as a transition but it's actually a revision. Used to happen occasionally in entertainment. There have been times when they send different strips than the POG you're actually tied to. I'd mySupport it. Something wonky is going on.

Well when POG gets off their butt and does it.. I fixed the pillowcase strips that were all jammed to one side for 12 sections or an entire valley. And the girls boots pog that was wonky and they didn't push.

They definitely need to send that up. Either the. TL or the tm who set it. That stuff needs to get fixed!

Going on 8 months with this 3 day/week designated research days process. I thought for sure they'd change it 1st quarter of 2015. I can't believe they are still sticking with it.

They're probably going to keep plugging away at this new process until VIPER's ready for a wider rollout or something. Not that stores are following the routine 100% now anyways. Take mine for example; today's an endcap/sidecap/checklanes day. Except apparently yesterday the STL did an audit and found a few departments don't have LRDs. So what is instocks to do? Forget the day's plan, the LOD can fill front endcaps, instocks has to scan the missing areas (which includes HBA and entertainment) right the hell now. The shelves aren't empty but gotta get those dates showing up in the system or else...?

And this isn't the first time an endcap day has be shelved for things that are suddenly important that weren't before. A month or so ago I get told to work instead on the 200+ PTM tasklist because the TL thinks we need to get back on track with that. Sure, but maybe not on a day when I'm the only one here?

They're probably going to keep plugging away at this new process until VIPER's ready for a wider rollout or something. Not that stores are following the routine 100% now anyways. Take mine for example; today's an endcap/sidecap/checklanes day. Except apparently yesterday the STL did an audit and found a few departments don't have LRDs. So what is instocks to do? Forget the day's plan, the LOD can fill front endcaps, instocks has to scan the missing areas (which includes HBA and entertainment) right the hell now. The shelves aren't empty but gotta get those dates showing up in the system or else...?

And this isn't the first time an endcap day has be shelved for things that are suddenly important that weren't before. A month or so ago I get told to work instead on the 200+ PTM tasklist because the TL thinks we need to get back on track with that. Sure, but maybe not on a day when I'm the only one here?

If it was shot with a My Device you may not get a last research date. I love when I have to shoot electronics/entertainment cause the end caps or there are to many outs, well if most of the things you Mr. STL noticed didn't have 4 locations with only 2 on hands you might have some of those outs filled up.. Get us product! It's been correct for the last three weeks! Boots make-up is about to make me scream for this very reason, counts are correct so stop bitching that there are outs! I can't make them send us product!

A wild goose chase is more important than filling the baby food we sell a fuckton of that is almost always in the back. Always when I am by myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back