Archived New instocks process

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do you usually start?

I am a 6 or 6:30am start time..

atceiah - that sucks.. Is this stuff you don't have at all or stuff that is the backroom? Just checking which dot process you are using.. My store has an issue of flow just not pushing stuff they got off the truck, cause I see way to many opened case packs but empty pegs and shelves..

This is stuff that has a zero count. So HQ knows we don't have the product and just decides to send it a week or 2 later. I would love to have it in the back :) We are on the just dot the 0 stuff and I work the truck as well so I try to actually fill the second locations.

This is stuff that has a zero count. So HQ knows we don't have the product and just decides to send it a week or 2 later. I would love to have it in the back :) We are on the just dot the 0 stuff and I work the truck as well so I try to actually fill the second locations.

I have noticed that too. Stuff just is not showing up, or they put stuff on sale every other week so its gets blown out one week and before we even get some back in stock its on sale again.. Our rain check count is through the roof.

I will admit at least in shoes, I use dots a place holder to make my research push much faster. I can look for the dot and double check I have the right box and I pull them down as I go..

We've noticed the same thing in our store. Even when we have hits for backroom locations whereas before we'd have enough product to restock the shelf, now only 1 or 2 items comes out. Our in stock metric took a nosedive. I thought it was because we eliminated the total store scan day but now I'm wondering if they just aren't sending as much as they used to. Be nice to get some input from the distribution centers.

That only makes sense :) Why dot stuff you are filling? Just really frustrating to hear guests say they will check Walmart since we never have things instock anymore.

I mainly use it in shoes to cut visual noise. I can sort though the sometimes up/down shelf locations quicker. It works for me, your process may differ. Also if hurricane mom and kids has torn through an aisle I can still find were the empty spots were, without scanning every pair of shoes.

You have until noon? We only have until 11am since that's when the first cafs drop. Of course even though I get there at 7am I need to run around for the first hour begging for a PDA and then finding somewhere that the flow team is done pushing. Take away another hour for huddle, smart huddle, then being called over the walkie every 10 min for some BS like people rather using my inventory knowledge instead of item search. Oh, an don't forget the guests! Even on the weekends when we shoot all outs an on Tues and Wed when its full research we only have had 2 people. Then I get ripped a new one by my TL when we don't finish!?! Sorry, I am making sure I am doing everything I was trained to do by you! The ETL and TLs are going behind me and looking for anything missed, and if they find anything guess what, you will of course yell at me for that. I have always been "resilient an adaptable" and consider myself a very professional adult but there has been a point every day this week where I was ready to walk. So yeah, that's how the new process has been going in my store. Sorry for the long rant...this much needed Margarita might have opened the vault.

Wait you shoot shoes!? I tried that today and I almost ended up in a corner rocking back fourth crying for help. I said to the LOD I will gladly shoot shoes but either let me zone it first or get someone to zone it and I will come back to shoot. She goes oh it's not that bad. Had her come over and she went oh my never mind I need you other places. o_O

Wait you shoot shoes!? I tried that today and I almost ended up in a corner rocking back fourth crying for help. I said to the LOD I will gladly shoot shoes but either let me zone it first or get someone to zone it and I will come back to shoot. She goes oh it's not that bad. Had her come over and she went oh my never mind I need you other places. o_O

Yep, I seem to have the gene or whatever you call it to sort through the chaos. I usually end up pulling a couple triple tiers or a tub out of the back room.

Believe me I didn't want it, but we could not ignore how horrible it was, it was mainly to prevent massive PTM batches since the pog set was lazy the flow push was worse and the zone a nightmare - so sales were tanking. You can' buy what you can't find, its been almost a year and a few people termed over bad work and sales have come up.

We also scan shoes. It is superzoned the night before our scan. The biggest problem we have is the tm's that are clueless as to what an MPG aisle and PTM zone are and pull off all of the d-code shoes and sends them to be backstocked. That is a very expensive zone..... pull the shoes, ptm the shoes, zone the shoes, yank the shoes, backstock the shoes, rinse, repeat....again....again....again....until reset. I wish they'd train Cathy Closer - she doesn't know any better.

I wish they'd zone shoes. But either they don't have the staff or the ones that are there it takes three to zone a table and they want no part of shoes.

We also scan shoes. It is superzoned the night before our scan. The biggest problem we have is the tm's that are clueless as to what an MPG aisle and PTM zone are and pull off all of the d-code shoes and sends them to be backstocked. That is a very expensive zone..... pull the shoes, ptm the shoes, zone the shoes, yank the shoes, backstock the shoes, rinse, repeat....again....again....again....until reset. I wish they'd train Cathy Closer - she doesn't know any better.

I zone shoes as I shoot, believe me the snit fits I have thrown about it have caused people to hate me. But sales speak volumes. STL likes me for it. And get your back room involved when they see decode shoes they should refuse to back stock them, our backroom does this got that problem fixed in a hurry. Openers really hated having to push them again(cause they knew what was PTM or just shot to flex over sold out decode).

Yes RIGs get closed with killing the task list. You have either scan it or skip it. But if you skip you will see it the next day.

Not going good at all. We're scheduled too late and aren't finishing. Going off what's planned to do on certain days. No cooperation from other depts. We've had research days where we started around 9 and then were pulled off at 11 to pull our own batches so we could push what we shot. Getting pulled out of IS to do other things, etc.

If this was six months in, I'd expect it. We always seem to sacrifice IS to help BR or flow but c'mon first week of rolling out a new process?

We have not yet used our task list - still shooting SAR which takes forever due to having to check multiple locations. The truck is not completed (and for some reason, this seems to be a source of amusement to the flow team lead....) Zone has been dismal. We are expected to complete scans in all areas, including softlines (which used to be done by a brand tm), put up rainchecks and subs, do 4 x 4's (not just walk it, but do all of the "fixes") and pull and work any batches dropped after 11. My team responds to back up and guest calls and callboxes (other special teams, including softlines adjacency setters) do not take walkies so they don't have to respond. We have only had 2 tms scheduled on any given day and not before 8:30 am. It's a totally demoralizing experience. The latest schedule has cut the hours of keyed IStm's , added random people (some on days with no keyed IStm's - who have been scheduled in other work centers). I am just shaking my head. This should have been a good thing.

Wow @Rarejem, that sounds like my worst IS nightmare. I hate it when they don't respect instocks as a vital process (as long as other processes are broken at least). We're the team that keeps the store's shelves filled. IS tasks are just as important as other work centers'. Only difference is the short term effects. When our tasks don't get done, it means less work for everyone Today, but more work tomorrow or later.

IS at our store usually starts out working flow or autofills. I don't understand why corporate expects us to scan the entire Hardlines area on a truck day, and yet we scan Grocery on a non-truck day. Talk about backwards.

I liked the old way of scanning a particular department on a particular day, ie Mondays was HBA. Then, you could make sure the area was zoned, flow, backstock and reshop were complete & you could get a thorough scan.

Sometimes it feels like management thinks that IS is the broken process instead of the "detective" for the broken processes. I used to love instocks....not so much anymore.

PLUS - no time scheduled for drastic count report or PTM tasks. It is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back