Archived New Line 4 Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to ask someone on the Hunter Boots website about the Target launch because the general view among team members is that we're getting a great deal on $160 boots. So, I asked if these are the same boots at a limited time only discounted rate, or if these are completely different boots. This is the response I got:

"These are not Hunter boots offered through Target, but the boots which were designed in collaboration with Target. So yes, they are rather different boots that are exclusive to Target, that is why they are cheaper. They are not made in the same way as original Hunter boots."
Translation: Not Hunter boots. They are boots Spot made and paid us to be allowed to use our name on them so they could make money and look trendy. Yes, they are shitty but we don't care as thier customers won't have the money to afford our merch.

I decided after hearing all your comments to double check my teams work and I ended up with almost 250 different items that were pretty fucking trashed. This is going to fail miserably and the VMG is a bitch. Thank God for my weekend off!

Our DTL gave a surprise visit to check if we audited all of our stuff, straight up said we were nuts to toss boots that were OBVIOUSLY 1-2” height difference saying “no one stands with their legs next to each other...it’s better for the guest to buy and return it and we apologize” :confused:

Our DTL gave a surprise visit to check if we audited all of our stuff, straight up said we were nuts to toss boots that were OBVIOUSLY 1-2” height difference saying “no one stands with their legs next to each other...it’s better for the guest to buy and return it and we apologize” :confused:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat ????????

I told my dad that Target would try to sell dead babies if they could. Just enhances my point.

"These are not Hunter boots offered through Target, but the boots which were designed in collaboration with Target. So yes, they are rather different boots that are exclusive to Target, that is why they are cheaper. They are not made in the same way as original Hunter boots."

well, yea, this is true of literally every collab. H&M does the same with their collabs, s-sport sneakers are *designed* by sketchers but not made by their normal suppliers etc, walmart did a max azria collab a million years ago with the same situation. If the quality was the same, it'd just be Hunter, not Hunter for target. That's the point. It's fast fashion pieces that show the line's aesthetic. In a way it's advertising for their real shit. I didn't even realize they made more than rainboots lol. I didn't know until a recent huddle. I was paying this launch no attention because Idc about rainboots.

The TMs who thought it was actual hunter were probably misled unfortunately. My hr read the copy target sent word for word and it vaguely implies it's real hunter/real hunter quality. I'm sure some of my coworkers think the same but I know my softlines OGs know otherwise.

So it's supposed to be available through June. Does that mean we will get more in or was that it with Hunter for Target? The section got almost completely wiped out at my store so I'm just wondering. Unless returns start flowing in. The raincoats I like but at $40, no thank you. Will wait for clearance or even better get them at Walmart. A raincoat is a raincoat made at the same place by the same crew just put a different name.

"Through June or until supplies run out" was what I read, and no additional production runs. In other words, they've made everything they're going to, and that's it.

I also considered a raincoat briefly, but not at that price. And for me it's even more because I have to buy plus size.

The edges on the rubber boots looked horrible. They look like they were popped out of the mold, got the logo glued on, and sent straight to stores. You think with a brand like this, they’d clean up the product.

IE 'we make the money and when they don't noticed until days later invoke limited return policy, so we keep the money.'

So our stash of Hunter was a mixed bag. Outside of our Female boots which got recalled so they got opened, noped and salvaged out (or crc, I wasn't there it was Style Senior TL who got the pleasure of that) the rest lasted all of 15 minutes again. Two hours for signs and set up and gone in 15 minutes. It was Lilly pulitzer all over again. Only this time, I let them buy everything. '
A dude wanted the signage, so I gave it to him. STL said we got over 15 k. As for returns, don't know how many actually cared.

Last edited:
We sold almost $25k of it on Sat and another 4K today. I don’t think people want the stuff that’s left.

I think we have about 2 shoes, and nothing but shirts left at this point. I've checked several of the DCPIs and we're not supposed to get anymore so my guess is the rest will sell this week through online sales as people that couldn't find things try to track down "Hunter on the cheap."

Will the store eventually get the women tall boot style ?
Delayed is the party line. Whether we push to redo and ship or just nope out of them is another story.

I wanted a wallet and keychain, but not enough to wait 2hrs, plus the line was 60 deep by open. 23k, top in district. Even more than the A level that got it. 35k over sales that day.

No information released on it. I think our receiver was sending them back this morning.

Doubtful any further stock will be delivered as it was a "limited supply run". The primary issue with the tall boots, at least those I audited (approx 90% of what we received) was the Hunter logo on the interior was peeling. If it was not already peeling a quick, light rub caused the defect to appear. The other defects included poor welds, upside down logos, holes in the lower boot ... list goes on and on. Whoever the supplier was for these they completely dropped the ball. For us ... we ended up with one single pair of tall boots (wellies) that could have been "sellable".

As far as the other statements regarding how would Hunter allow this. etc : these are not Hunter products, per se rather, Hunter licensed their name and styles onto the products. True Hunter wellies/rubbers are literally dipped in the rubber ... they do not have a glued sole such as those in the "Hunter by Target". The supplier provided a crap product and someone at Target (buyer, etc) totally dropped the ball.

Reminds me of the Neiman Marcus by Target fiasco of circa 2012/2013 - similar issues.

Edit: Hunter's comment to a post on their site: “Target won’t sell Hunter Original boots. Our boots are handcrafted from natural rubber following an intricate process. The ones designed in partnership with Target are not produced the same traditional way. We hope that helps.”

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Neiman Marcus by Target fiasco of circa 2012/2013 - similar issues.

Epic Retail Fail: Where Did the Target + Neiman Marcus Collection Go Wrong? | TIME.com - http://business.time.com/2013/01/02/epic-retail-fail-where-did-the-target-neiman-marcus-collection-go-wrong/

lolololol

“What the hell are you thinking, Neiman Marcus, partnering with Target? Neiman is high-end and endless class,” blogger Kate Concannon wrote back in July when news of the collaboration surfaced. “I get it, you want to make the Neiman Marcus brand obtainable to everyone in America … but the fun about Neiman is … it ISN’T obtainable.”

Rising sea levels and flooded coasts can't come soon enough. I'm glad I live in Flyoverland where we don't have to deal with this pretentious shit.

Is it just me or do we seem to apologize for something after every one of these collaborative designer limited releases?

Yep cause something is always messed up about them.

And now news that there won't be any boots, so why even bother with Hunter since that is there flagship product! Way to screw the pooch Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back