Archived new pfresh truck days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

consume

凸(-_-)凸
So, they're making the change that one week has a delivery Mon/wed/Fri and the next week sun/Tue/thu/sat

What do you think?...

They say it'll have "smaller trucks", when they added to the DC delivery, they're still upwards of 2500 pieces..

They say it will " help freshness and instocks " never had a problem with either.

They're going to shift the order days and create a much larger fuckin headache.

7 in a two week cycle? My old store has a very high volume pfresh and they still struggle with overstock and qmos considering how much overstock they get from the company on crap that never, ever sells.

Is this everyone? Haven't heard about it, but I picked up a Plano shift today...

...heavens knows we'd never know what day to order or schedule someone. Ugh.

My STL mentioned getting trucks every other day during huddle last night, but I don't remember anything else said after that other than my internal screaming.

So...when's this supposed to begin?

This happen to my shithole store back in May. Worst idea ever. There is always back stock in the freezer and dairy cooler. The meat cooler and freezer are manageable but it's still a horrific idea. Most of the time, no one knows what's back stock and what's pulls. And the truck comes at 7am, 8am, or 9am. Terrible too.
If Target is going to do have this schedule, why not have the truck at a better time 3am or 330am and have ever flow team member get a pallet and move dem pallets? Some will say "that will interfere with the GM truck". No it will not. Move the pallets out of the FDC and put them in the appropriate areas and then begin the GM truck. Problem solved.

Welcome to the suck.

My truck already comes at 9 or 10 or 11 add it is. We got bumped to the 4th stop. Used to come before 8 most days.

We already get three a week, it's just the alternating days...even with a calendar on the wall the other pa will likely screw it up.

Push All as well?
that's a laugh.... Tuesday's truck came 3 hours late, it was only 9 pallets, which is small for us, they stll left 1 freezer pallet to work out with Thursday's truck, which is 12 pallets + 1 leftover feezer, now we have a large truck to work out today, I'm off and hoping they get this push all done. Cause Saturday's truck is coming and that is a normal 14 to 15 pallets.

If we are getting a truck every other day then we need to schedule more than 3 flow team memebers on it, 2 of which are only schedule 5 1/2 hours.

Now, for when you order, I think that is simple, we order 2 days out as we do now. So, if in theory the truck comes every other day, then you would order on the same days you get a truck, it's that simple.
Delivery:
week 1: Sun, Tues, Thurs, Sat
Week 2: Mon, Wed, Fri

then week 3 would be same as week 1 and keep rotating.

So it would be just rembering which week it is either the week 1 or week 2 scheulde.

But to me a delivery on a Sat and Sun it just plan stupid. The busiest days of the week and we are push all till noon. and with AD setup who's gonna push the truck Sunday mornings ??

Last edited:
Lol. All great questions I couldn't get answered. Id post the details my Etl gave me, but I don't want to risk giving out more info then I'm allowed..

Bottom line is, spot is gonna bend pfresh over once more in the name of "what's better" in their opinion

We have people on our PFresh truck team that were brought on specifically because they were available to work those specific days. Now they're expected to have open availability throughout the week for 12-16 hours of work? Horrible idea.

We have people on our PFresh truck team that were brought on specifically because they were available to work those specific days. Now they're expected to have open availability throughout the week for 12-16 hours of work? Horrible idea.
You should see the redwire to the executives.. I'd post it but I don't want a possible paper trail.
Synopsis: tell everyone they're screwed and they have to change their availability, and soothe them with how they're helping out.

It mentions nothing about scheduling extra backstockers, which is a problem we have with only 3 trucks a week

That stinks so bad of corruption. So cold blooded and heartless but that's how executives roll. Only care about de bonuses and paychecks.

My store has had the M/W/F then Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat schedule since we transitioned to a new FDC facility at the end of April, I think. The trucks aren't necessarily smaller (and I'm at a p-fresh store).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back