Archived New Phone System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay all

We were supposed to get a new phone system a few months back, but a contractor that was supposed to run the phone cabling backed out. We were then asked if we would wait until next year, but when we said no they said sorry you have no choice in the matter.

Just wondering what is different about this new phone system. Please reply if store has recently gotten a phone system.

What phone system do you currently have? At my store, we used to have the 33 system, but we changed to the 2280 system a few months ago.

I would have to look when I am work. I just know lately that it seems, as though we have had a lot of phone calls not go through. I really can't speak to whether it is the phone system or operator error. Just wondering if the new phone system would correct this problem or not.

We got a new system recently. There were some minor changes but overall there isn't a major noticeable difference.

I would have to look when I am work. I just know lately that it seems, as though we have had a lot of phone calls not go through. I really can't speak to whether it is the phone system or operator error. Just wondering if the new phone system would correct this problem or not.

When we got our new system, we had difficulties with it for several days. None of the red phones on the floor would work, so softlines had to use the operator's phone to take calls and hardlines had to use the cordless from electronics.

we have had the new phone system for two months and it has been H.O.R.R.I.D! On sunday afternoon the message was saying we were closed! the overhead is screwed up and calls are constantly not coming into the store. lots of guests complaints, lots of work on them, still not great.

we have had the new phone system for two months and it has been H.O.R.R.I.D! On sunday afternoon the message was saying we were closed! the overhead is screwed up and calls are constantly not coming into the store. lots of guests complaints, lots of work on them, still not great.

A nearby store had similar issues recently. I called them looking for an item for a guest and kept geting the busy siginal. He would called up to a "we are closed" recording. Naturally he took this out on me.

We have had no phones working on the floor since October. It has been "fixed" at least twice every week - for about 20 minutes each time. This is outrageous. I cannot believe that a company this big cannot get something as simple as this right. There is no excuse and it has made our job pure hell throughout this holiday season.

From the replies I am not sure if we would be better with a new phone system or if we should just stay with the old one.

The new system had a lot of bugs when we got it. Salesfloor phones are a pain to answer and re-park.... If they work.

The new system had a lot of bugs when we got it. Salesfloor phones are a pain to answer and re-park.... If they work.

Our phones work now. But it takes forever to pick up the call, and I just can't park a call on this system to save my life.

My store is less than ten years old. Our phones usually have no issues, however for MONTHS we were unable to answer calls when they were on night bells. We'd dial 5529 and just get a busy signal. The person calling would just get hung up on eventually. Very frustrating if you have to call in for an early morning shift.

What phone system do you currently have? At my store, we used to have the 33 system, but we changed to the 2280 system a few months ago.

Same here and the 2280 system has been a complete failure. If the operator is on a call when a guest calls the store it just hangs up on them. The sales floor phones are a disaster and the overhead rarely if ever works properly.

My store is upgrading to tin cans with string as soon as market comes up with enough cans.....

Just wait for Freshness Friday. :D

Same here and the 2280 system has been a complete failure. If the operator is on a call when a guest calls the store it just hangs up on them. The sales floor phones are a disaster and the overhead rarely if ever works properly.

Seriously, the only good thing about the 2280 system is that we have 3 more lines to park calls on. Which is all fine and dandy for those who know how to work the damn phones. The 33 system was so much easier, in my opinion.

There are three types of phone systems in Target: Cisco, Avaya and Tadiran, the latter two are being changed to Cisco. The Avaya (AT&T/Lucent/Avaya) systems are better than the Tadirans, all have their issues.

No local phone lines exist at Target stores anymore, all calls are answered by the centralized automated attendant at THQ. The call then is sent to the store over Verizon data circuits and is either turned back to an analog call and processed by the local phone system (Avaya or Tadiran) or sent as digital directly to the phone (Cisco). In Avaya and Tadiran systems, if the call is not answered, the call "transfer recalls" to the digital router in the control room and usually drops. Same thing on calls parked on 80 through 86, they ring back to the router and drop. This is why calls placed on hold at a red phones are lost and never ring back to the operator.

Target places a freeze on all new installations from late October through early January to prevent interference with sales. That includes cabling for new phone systems. The contractors had lots of issues rolling out/implementing the Cisco systems early on and many stores had to push their installs off until after the freeze.

We got the new system. Had some minor bugs, of course. Worked like a champ for a few weeks and then it went down for two weeks. We were using cordless phones to answer calls. Finally got fixed.

We got the new system. Had some minor bugs, of course. Worked like a champ for a few weeks and then it went down for two weeks. We were using cordless phones to answer calls. Finally got fixed.

What's different about the new system? We have 3 lines for calls. 34, 35, 36. I'm assuming we are the 33 system

What's different about the new system? We have 3 lines for calls. 34, 35, 36. I'm assuming we are the 33 system

Sounds like you're on the Tadiran system. My store is, too. Our switchboard phones (FR and TSC) were so horrible that I made Black Box send us new ones. I've been around the block a few times with phone systems, and ours is THE WORST.

Guest calling back: I got disconnected.
Me: Did anyone pick up, because if no one picks up it automatically rings back to me?
Guest: No, it was just dead air
Me: There is no hold music, so it is just dead air.
Guest: Oh. Can you put me back through?
Me: Sure, hold on. (parks call back on 36)
36 light goes out
Phone rings
Me: Thank you for calling Targe........
Guest: (interrupting me mid sentence) You hung up on me again.....

Here's the funny thing - The guy installing them said this is the most expensive phone system out there! We get the crappiest quality for the most money. Go figure (We have ours straightened out now though, thank god).

I really wish Spot would put on some sort of hold music. It would cut down on a lot of the "disconnected" calls.

I liked the 2280 system at my old store -- never had issues. At my new store it seems to be having a lot of problems.

I really wish Spot would put on some sort of hold music. It would cut down on a lot of the "disconnected" calls.
Me: I'm going to put you on mute while I search for the product
Guest: Okay that's fine
Me: It's going to be silent but I haven't hung up on you. I'll be back in a minute.
*puts phone on mute*
Guest: Hello? Hello? Are you there? Crap they hun-
Me: Yeah, I'm still here... I have you on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back