MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

cashiers should not have a walkie nor a device.
Actually, they should most definitely have a myDevice for Price Match and to login with the new barcode method.

Since there's not supposed to be a "GSA" watching the lanes, they'd have to bother a TL or someone else with a device for every price match.

For split payments please let us enter the cash amount then the rest on card.

this is possible?

What VD said. In fact, you could also get away with doing the opposite (entering the amount on the card first via Split Payment, and then tendering the cash).

Although let's talk about split payments amongst 2+ credit or debit cards at SCO.
Classic POS and the whatever-hybrid-one-was-called at SCO allowed the Guest to do it themselves with a small link below the credit card logo on the screen that said "multiple cards" and they could do it themselves.
New POS, I have to stand there because it's only possible in Store Mode and if I walk away, they can push all kinds of crap.

Actually, they should most definitely have a myDevice for Price Match and to login with the new barcode method.
ESID, most cashiers at my store don't know how to use a device. When I cashier I grab one because I know how to use it well lol.

SCO should be grabbing a device but I don't really think that cashiers should be grabbing them. If there is a price match just turn on your lane light.

just turn on your lane light
If we have no "Captain" or "Lead Advocate" or even a proper S&E TL watching the front, with the whole no-walkie situation you've also described, it can be a while before anyone notices a flashing light in the front. For us, that has previously caused "empowered to make it right for the Guest" gone too far lol — PM'd a $300 KitchenAid mixer to $23 on some obscure website.

And yes, SCO should be assisting with help but they also get terribly busy with SCO issues and if we can absolve the issue with a myDevice here or there, we will. (At least I can say at my store, there's a wealth of myDevices - can't say the same for walkies).

Can we please have a button on the POS and MyDevices to silently call for AP. There are some instances where I think calling for AP would change their act vs them just showing up. I know about the code but obviously if I say “code come to register #” the “guest” will now know that code means AP

Can we please have a button on the POS and MyDevices to silently call for AP. There are some instances where I think calling for AP would change their act vs them just showing up. I know about the code but obviously if I say “code come to register #” the “guest” will now know that code means AP
Not a bad idea, But how would it notify them? Most of them don't login to the devices and I doubt they keep an ear out for any alerts.

i’ve thought of that idea. like a panic button like “I NEED A TEAM LEADER NOW” this would be very helpful if it function. but since myDay notifs all sound the same. It wouldn’t be effective bc team leads just ignore notifs atp
Make it a different sound, change to a certain song playing and use the button voice to something random over the walkie. That one would require hardware to work but would be the best way to make sure it’s heard

Make it a different sound, change to a certain song playing and use the button voice to something random over the walkie. That one would require hardware to work but would be the best way to make sure it’s heard
Bad idea. Everyones AP is on different channels at everyone's store. For example, Mine is on 4 at all times.
Not even including, that would be very loud and they could even know what the sound is supposed to sound like.

If it would chime anything, it wouldn't be a bad idea to chime their computers and their devices. but they would have to start carrying devices.

Bad idea. Everyones AP is on different channels at everyone's store. For example, Mine is on 4 at all times.
Technically the channel numbers are just an easy way to differentiate the frequency. Some stores have walkies that have different frequencies for the same channel like 1

Can we please get the ability to deal with the SCO from our device like Walmart? It would make life easier as alerts can go to to the appropriate people if the SCO TM can’t deal with them (like alcohol or adding money if they don’t know how to)

The SCO screen needs a button for unlocking an item so the TM knows that they have to deal with it. Also maybe a yellow light if it can do more than just RGB (red, green, blue)

SCO needs more light colors
  • Alcohol/age restricted items
  • Item needs to be unlocked (would also be a button for the guest to hit to activate)
  • Needs to be refilled with money
Hell regular lanes should have colored lights as well but for different reasons

The SCO screen needs a button for unlocking an item so the TM knows that they have to deal with it. Also maybe a yellow light if it can do more than just RGB (red, green, blue)
Depends on the generation of SCO but the older ones like this I think are only capable of green, yellow, and red. Yellow is in use for when the machine is in Store Mode.
2910632B-BF48-459E-9146-9A5EF055157A.jpeg

Depends on the generation of SCO but the older ones like this I think are only capable of green, yellow, and red. Yellow is in use for when the machine is in Store Mode.
View attachment 14481
Mine are the 2d ones like this. I’m pretty sure it’s LEDs so it’s more than likely it’s possible

Attachments

• E5A442CD-9BBF-48A8-B8B2-6BD6DFE88A0F.jpeg
    E5A442CD-9BBF-48A8-B8B2-6BD6DFE88A0F.jpeg
    493 KB · Views: 19
Fake alerts for suspicious transactions. They would be used to have the guest think that they can’t do the transaction but in reality they can but want to have a leader/more experienced TM involved just because

Back