MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Anyone have a SCO that has a shift and clocks out at the same time every day and need to be reminded that its shift doesn’t end for a while longer? My store has one

Solution use the Zebra as a keyboard for the POS.
no.
Does anyone look at the cashier needs alerts? If not why? For me it’s because they sound the same as other alerts. If they sounded different I would look at them immediately and either get the money myself (if I can and have keys) or tell the person to get it for them
no.

What I miss about the keyboards is that I could type one handed without looking at the screen because I could feel the keys. Makes it easy when you have to copy a serial or receipt number that won't scan. Keyboard on a zebra doesn't fix that at all, and I'm not gonna stop what I'm doing to whip out my zebra and then it just looks like I'm texting in front of a guest. Hard pass.

I do miss the real keyboards though :(

Noticed today they updated the receipt viewer. At least accessing it on the new my devices it’s basically one page and also has an option for online receipts so it may be coming to the pos very soon.
The new receipt viewer is the worst thing about New POS. InsidePOS was far more reliable at finding receipts.

Does anyone look at the cashier needs alerts? If not why? For me it’s because they sound the same as other alerts. If they sounded different I would look at them immediately and either get the money myself (if I can and have keys) or tell the person to get it for them
Because most of the time they don’t show up if your area isn’t set exclusively to Service & Engagement and nothing else. This is another area where New POS is lacking. “See who needs $” should have been a feature carried forward to New POS. On Workbench there is a screenshot of New POS showing a feature to view open change requests but oddly enough New POS does not have this feature.

When “Classic POS” was deployed in 2006 it wasn’t this half-baked, unfinished program just thrown at the wall to see how well it sticks 🙃

I do actually think being able to use the device to scan items after you use it log in would be pretty cool. I'm guessing there's some kind of WebSocket connection, which explains why it's so fast to react to the scan. So sending items to the register should be pretty easy.

And then we need self-checkout view. 🤩

new POS is amazing. y’all just miss keyboards.

Also, i kinda realized why the newPOS hangs sometimes when it’s loading. it’s waiting for the card reader to change states bid the reader is unplugged. you can do transactions super fast. the card reader is what’s holding it down
It's not just the keyboards, it's the different screens for purchases and returns, and having to go back to home to switch screens after a lot of things, like bottle returns, etc.

Inability to do exchanges also slows down things a lot.

New POS is just half-baked.

Solution use the Zebra as a keyboard for the POS.
That's not a solution at all. Using a small touchscreen with bad latency instead of a large touchscreen is not an upgrade. Physical keyboards are far faster to type on. I type around 30 wpm on a phone. I type around 100 wpm on a keyboard.

I get people change pretty much instantly when they request it, but I'm the only one at my store that does.

I just don't understand the rationale behind not allowing exchanges unless they really just want to keep GS as a return-only center. But in my store, guests routinely bring stuff up to exchange and its not a difficult process but it's just dumb to have to put the refund $$ on a gift card and then use the gift card to buy the new item.

I just don't understand the rationale behind not allowing exchanges unless they really just want to keep GS as a return-only center. But in my store, guests routinely bring stuff up to exchange and its not a difficult process but it's just dumb to have to put the refund $$ on a gift card and then use the gift card to buy the new item.
I don’t recommend refunding it to a GiftCard. When the exchange is purchased with a GC, should they decide to just return it later, they will be throwing a fit when they can only get GC credit.

So the alternative is what?! They want to use the funds right away not wait for Target to refund it (a process that sometimes can take more than a few days).

So the alternative is what?! They want to use the funds right away not wait for Target to refund it (a process that sometimes can take more than a few days).

I always give them the choice. I also ask them to put in their # for target circle when I rering them.

I don’t recommend refunding it to a GiftCard. When the exchange is purchased with a GC, should they decide to just return it later, they will be throwing a fit when they can only get GC credit.
I always explain to them the choices. saying "I can put it onto a gift card, but if you return it its going to go back on to a gift card."

I really wonder why the haven't implemented exchanges yet. we've had New POS for ages now...

Not very onbrand for target honestly.

Now that we can sign in with barcodes, how about converting a mobile pos transaction to a register for cash or receipt printing(if mobile printer issues) when needed by scanning the register mid transaction.

Now that we can sign in with barcodes, how about converting a mobile pos transaction to a register for cash or receipt printing(if mobile printer issues) when needed by scanning the register mid transaction.
@Mikuhl said that it could be used by target if they really wanted to. I do think that this is coming. Just don’t know how they’d do it honestly.

Also.can we PLEASE suspend returns again.

Back