MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Ability to remotely sign out from a register or a code like pairing your phone to your car when signing in so that a guest can’t just take a picture of the barcode to sign into it

A button to request backup that sends a notification (with a new sound. Maybe the intro to Pink Floyd’s Money) like the fire aisle for someone to claim and go up for backup. Only TL and above can do it from a device but anyone can do it from a register

Ability to remotely sign out from a register or a code like pairing your phone to your car when signing in so that a guest can’t just take a picture of the barcode to sign into it
you gotta be real dumb to scan a register thing. plus it says “Successfully signed into POS Register”
The ability for the guest to select the protection plans on the card reader if we don’t see it
The answer to this is the answer to the protection plans that we offer. “no”
A button to request backup that sends a notification (with a new sound. Maybe the intro to Pink Floyd’s Money) like the fire aisle for someone to claim and go up for backup. Only TL and above can do it from a device but anyone can do it from a register
Meh. i’d probably ignore those alerts because. how do you know who’s going?

Actually, they should most definitely have a myDevice for Price Match and to login with the new barcode method.

Since there's not supposed to be a "GSA" watching the lanes, they'd have to bother a TL or someone else with a device for every price match.
Stores don't have enough zebras for this. Cashiers having a zebra is an incredibly low priority. I respond to blinkers, and change requests while scheduled at the service desk, there's no need for every cashier to have a zebra.

Stores don't have enough zebras for this. Cashiers having a zebra is an incredibly low priority. I respond to blinkers, and change requests while scheduled at the service desk, there's no need for every cashier to have a zebra.
depends on the time of year really. Q4? no. Any other time. sure if you want.

atleast at our store. we’ve got ~130 devices.

Fake alerts for suspicious transactions. They would be used to have the guest think that they can’t do the transaction but in reality they can but want to have a leader/more experienced TM involved just because
Walmart does this, they can "pause" any SCO transaction from a MyDevice. I agree this would be nice for us.

Okay. ASANTS. We have enough devices to support it.
And unfortunately we don't have anyone as proactive to respond to blinkers from the floor or Service Desk, especially since there's only like 3 of them ever over there and 2 are on Drive Up duty while the other one is drowning with a line all the way into Bullseye's Playground.

new POS is amazing. y’all just miss keyboards.

Also, i kinda realized why the newPOS hangs sometimes when it’s loading. it’s waiting for the card reader to change states bid the reader is unplugged. you can do transactions super fast. the card reader is what’s holding it down
I don’t mind the keyboards but why can we still not do exchanges. It causes unnecessary drama at the Service Desk.

Noticed today they updated the receipt viewer. At least accessing it on the new my devices it’s basically one page and also has an option for online receipts so it may be coming to the pos very soon.

Back