MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

it’s not your job to worry about dishonest guests unless your leader or ap specifically tell you to deny a specific transaction. your job is literally to make it right for the guest
I’m not trying to go in circles and I know your (our?) job is to just do stuff, but that also takes away autonomy and empowerment to say you can never say no as a “bottom-rung” TM.

We do not need TLs to override or say yes to anything if we can just empower everyone to say yes to begin with.

Doesn’t this just give store credit?

It does MRC, GiftCard, Cash, or "Credit," as in insert Credit Card, just like Classic POS overrides gave the option to do.

EDIT: For some reason, all of Page 46 didn't load for me so I didn't see the other posts, and didn't know this was answered. Disregard.

Last edited:
it’s not your job to worry about dishonest guests unless your leader or ap specifically tell you to deny a specific transaction. your job is literally to make it right for the guest
HUHHHHHH. so you’d want me to give someone 700 dollars back cash in coupon fraud? TLs (at my store atleast) normally leaves GS alone because they’re self sufficient and competent

It’s also called being a steward of proper business practices and ownership of your place of employment.

It is our money. It is our business. And AP isn’t the only one responsible for assisting in preventing loss, else everything in the store would be not Spider’d, and all we’d have is SCO.

The software function is what we are here to discuss. It worked without issue for 20+ years and was not a source of complaints from either side of the counter.
It worked. Give it back lol.
AMEN.

easy solution here: "back on the visa card ending in 6969?". if you just say "back on the visa" that means a lot of things
Back on the visa credit card ending in 1234?
*staring at their phone* "Yes that's fine"
*processes*
1) oh wait no it was a gift I forgot
2) oh wait no that was a visa gift card
3) oh wait no that card was cancelled

corp lives in a world where people (tms and guests) don't make mistakes

my point is why fix what wasn't broken. we had a working post void system. we can do it technologically and financially. or, alternatively, just hold the return for even just 5 minutes to give us a small undo window.
there should never be an action on POS you don't have some way of undoing, especially something as important as returns

HUHHHHHH. so you’d want me to give someone 700 dollars back cash in coupon fraud? TLs (at my store atleast) normally leaves GS alone because they’re self sufficient and competent
exactly. our training empowers us to make it right but also empowers us to follow policy and deny things when appropriate. being empowered to go both ways and being trusted by leadership to do that is one of the reasons I like the desk so much

Just the weekend, I verified with a guest which card it was going back to with the card number. She came back about 15 minutes later, “Oh, I just remembered I forgot my card that day and my sister paid for me. I want it on a GC instead.” I apologized and explained we couldn’t void it after the fact and my TL came up and did the same. At the end of the day, it isn’t the end of the world, but a major headache for us.

My ETL/ TLs said they don’t plan on doing make it right returns in this situation this as it’s the guest’s mistake as long as we’re verifying the card. And we do have a lot of return fraud and scams as is, so they’re hesitant.

lol i'm not engaging with you because you're not making a good faith effort

Just do what you can. Don't do what you can't do. It is what it is. If target wants to incur loss, that's their problem. We can only do our best.
We had scammers that buy thousands in Electronics and return them on giftcards. We know it's a scam. We have no proof or reason to stop them. All we could do is assume and complete the returns then report everything to ap, unless I have proof of the scam and can safely stop it. Like the price match one where they went to a different store on the same day.

lol i'm not engaging with you because you're not making a good faith effort
??????? Am I wrong??? Trust me I don't like my job but I def don't like people cheating the system. It's irritating because I know that money can go to someone who really needs it so I'd rather spot have that money instead of a scammer. I use my judgment the best I can but if I do need a second opinion I'm not afraid to ask.
We had scammers that buy thousands in Electronics and return them on giftcards. We know it's a scam. We have no proof or reason to stop them. All we could do is assume and complete the returns then report everything to ap, unless I have proof of the scam and can safely stop it. Like the price match one where they went to a different store on the same day.
Glad that that doesn't only happen at my store. The best way AP put it for me was " THey aren't stealing money from target so just upsell them" and if we have a lot of a single product ( AirPod Pros for example) I'll give them like 10 or 5 depending on if they're nice. Back on black Friday, they realized that the oculus is worth money AND realized that they get a gift card so we sold like 10 in an hour.

Anyway, I tried doing the Training Mode again and “paying” cash and it still won’t work. Tried on two registers. Nothing.

Also, does anyone know why there’s no Guest Service training mode? Just sales?
I’d think we’d like to train Advocates on both.

If I recall the only reason they made it is because it is a WIC requirement. Also, the new POS is honestly pretty self-explanatory. I was super busy so I threw a nearby fulfillment TM on the tech register for a video game and they figured it out lmao. I didn't realize they weren't register-trained LMFAO.

Last edited:
Anyway, I tried doing the Training Mode again and “paying” cash and it still won’t work. Tried on two registers. Nothing.

I’d think we’d like to train Advocates on both.

What didn't work?

If I recall the only reason they made it is because it is a WIC requirement. Also, the new POS is honestly pretty self-explanatory. I was super busy so I threw a nearby fulfillment TM on the tech register for a video game and they figured it out lmao. I didn't realize they weren't register-trained LMFAO.

I don't know about the WIC thing. I had a technician out the other day. He used training mode to test the registers functionality. I thought that was a good idea because last time, I ended up buying like 3 cokes while testing the card reader LOL

this is what i hate about a lot of service desk team members and an attitude that i have actively had to try to stamp out. you care too much. why do you care about the company losing money? is it your money? no it's not your money, it doesn't matter, it has never mattered. just make it right for the guest and move on. if it's a known thief or scammer your ap will eventually catch on and you will be given license to refuse their transactions.

everyone just wants to give way too much of a shit. you work in retail, you're pretty bottom-rung, taking the stance of the holy knight of target battling back the karen hordes of darkness who want to scam (who are far less than you ever think they are) is just giving yourself stress you don't need.
Yes it’s not my money but, if Target starts loosing money than it could affect me. Hours could be cut, etc.. Are you saying team members shouldn’t care about their jobs?

Yes it’s not my money but, if Target starts loosing money than it could affect me. Hours could be cut, etc.. Are you saying team members shouldn’t care about their jobs?
not even that but if you’re aimlessly doing your job without any kind of restrictions most TLs would even reduce your hours because the store is losing money because of you

This is weird because it let’s us do it at my store. That’s how I’ve done my paid and lefts all week.
Yeah everyone says that. I don’t get it. I’m gonna call CSC at this point.

lol you should go take a look at how much money target made in 2021 and then ask yourself if making this post makes any sense at all

target is not going to “lose money” and “cut hours” for team members because you’re making it right for the guest

they’ll cut hours because efficiency and productivity scaled to the minimum possible payroll maximizes profits. that’s all

target is not going to “lose money” and “cut hours” for team members because you’re making it right for the guest
idk abut your store but if I consistently "made it right" for scammers, AP would make sure I had less hours real quick

But all of this is off topic and doesn't relate to New POS.

lol you should go take a look at how much money target made in 2021 and then ask yourself if making this post makes any sense at all

they’ll cut hours because efficiency and productivity scaled to the minimum possible payroll maximizes profits. that’s all
If you happens enough especially with big amounts Target will definitely notice. I’ve been with the company 11 years I know what I speak about.

I get what you mean but If the store (especially S&E TLs and AP) deem that scammers abuse you can translate into you working service desk less. Trust me I don’t like how much money we made spot (especially considering we didn’t get bonuses this year) but I don’t want to let scammers win. That's not me talking as an employee that's me talking like a person.

Back