MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

My store isn’t the best at following direction like that LMFAO. Probably CRC electronics recycling.
I don't think there was an official communication about keyboards but I could be wrong.

But you absolutely can remove your keyboards. we’ve had ours thrown away since 2020 and the extra space is perfect.
I knew we didn't use them since new POS came out as it's completely touchscreen but I wasn't sure if it was needed in the diagnostics process at some point.

if your NEW system needed keyboards then your new system would’ve included them lol.
I figured that but with supply chain shortages I wanted to make sure we most certainly didn't need them for ANYTHING at all with the POS system

Do the EloPOS Pack (small black square) registers beep when you scan an item that has a protection plan? If so where does the sound come from? My store doesn't beep currently. It did beep on the old beige ones.

Can we have our PML "wall" mount them with the mounting bracket to the metal wall? It's the red wall behind the NCR line display in the attached image. Our NGSCO registers have it "wall" mounted to the inside of the cabinet with extra parts to keep it locked in. It doesn't use the mounting bracket to attach it. You just unscrew the part and pull it toward you and it comes out.

9a4jfbytuor51.jpg
If you took this photo I would remove it. Careful with showing your store number here

NGSCO needs a way to put it in no cash mode. Sometimes they go down when I scan my wallet barcode with my debit card selected but cash back off.
To prevent stores from abusing it I have a few Ideas
  • Code needed to enter to get it to be cashless.
    • Either from the chatbot, calling the CSC, or putting a request in that is about the cash part
  • Make it a lead and above option
  • Make whoever they trust have the option just like the GSA numbers as well as leads and above

Hope we get new myCheckouts soon. I can only open one app at a time, when I go back to another app it already cleared its state from memory. 😭

Hope we get new myCheckouts soon. I can only open one app at a time, when I go back to another app it already cleared its state from memory. 😭
I hate to say this but i think that MCO is dead unless you have a small store with no room for POS. One store has like 8-12 SCOs but 6 CLs….

MCO would be perfect. but for Greatlands / Supers no real point tbh.

I hate to say this but i think that MCO is dead unless you have a small store with no room for POS. One store has like 8-12 SCOs but 6 CLs….

The limit of POS systems is 31. Everything that can be used to purchase is considered one. Even pharmacy.

MCO is also useful for a network outage. It connects to LTE

I use MyCheckout every day. There are many things we don't have in stock, so I give the guest free delivery. Only thing I see is maybe adding it to the registers instead.

I use MyCheckout every day. There are many things we don't have in stock, so I give the guest free delivery. Only thing I see is maybe adding it to the registers instead.
Yeah i know it’s planned to go on the POS at SOME point but idk why we haven't gotten it yet. (or exchanges tbh)
The limit of POS systems is 31. Everything that can be used to purchase is considered one. Even pharmacy.
really? this feels wrong?

We have
13 SCOS
4 Pharm (maybe 3)
3 GS
2 SBUX
1 optical
13 CLs
2 Tech
don't forget like the 5 MCOs.

Yeah thats not really accurate lol.

I'm honestly genuinely curious to see what the new POS Team has been developing for the PAST YEAR.

It might be 34. Workbench has the amount. It’s 30 something for sure. Whatever it was it was a random enough number to make me confused and count all my registers
yeahhh nooo. 33 for the front lanes ONLY

you forget there are POS systems at supers dedicaddd to things like 2 @Delis and 2@bakery’s portraits studio. 2@photo finishing its 33 just for the lanes. not the store.

yeahhh nooo. 33 for the front lanes ONLY

you forget there are POS systems at supers dedicaddd to things like 2 @Delis and 2@bakery’s portraits studio. 2@photo finishing its 33 just for the lanes. not the store.
I swear it says everything counted towards the 33. Unless I read it wrong OR they only count deli, bakery and portrait/photo (if it still exists) as another one.
They could also just be weighing the items and printing a barcode and tag. It might not even be running Target POS

How about a different MyDay notification sound for register alerts. SCO needs money would be a different sound than the regular registers because the NGSCO constantly go off.

Also

How about the ability to see the SCOs money status from MyDay. It would be in a new section on the homepage. Same thing from regular registers except it keeps the request on the top based on how long and what the TM requested.

How about a different MyDay notification sound for register alerts. SCO needs money would be a different sound than the regular registers because the NGSCO constantly go off.
I think this is a broader issue that HQ needs to address... across the board, different things need different sounds. Off the top of my head, the IRs are the only thing that got a new sound. Everything else is still pixie dust.
How about the ability to see the SCOs money status from MyDay. It would be in a new section on the homepage. Same thing from regular registers except it keeps the request on the top based on how long and what the TM requested.
I think a simpler solution would be to have more persistent notifications. MyDay clears the notification tab every time you look at it so the history goes away. I wish it would stick around as long as you were logged in.

I think this is a broader issue that HQ needs to address... across the board, different things need different sounds. Off the top of my head, the IRs are the only thing that got a new sound. Everything else is still pixie dust
i’ve been saying this for a year haha

I figured that since Return Post Voids were finally added (excluding GiftCard transactions) to New POS for real this time, it was finally time for another update to my over year-long list of Classic POS features that have not made the jump over yet. It's time for... Features Missing from New POS, Version 5.0! (The fact that it's been 16 months since Target went 100% New POS and some of these aren't added yet is concerning.)

• Banking
    • See Who Needs Money - On Classic POS, you could see all the registers that are in need of a change fund advance. The POS Banking page on Workbench used to show images of this, proving that at some point, this was in the works.
    • Register Checklist - Possibly broken? Can't tell what has and has not been banked. Unknown how it works.
  • Guest Service
    • Fix a Mistake
      • Missed Coupon - After scanning a receipt and doing Fix a Mistake -> Missed Coupon on Classic POS, you could scan a coupon to make it work if a Guest forgot to use it.
      • Missed Discount - After scanning a receipt and doing Fix a Mistake -> Missed Discount on Classic POS, you could retroactively add a TM Discount to a transaction, refunding the rest of the balance. This would only work same-day.
      • Wrong Payment - After Scanning a receipt and doing Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Payment on Classic POS, the original transaction would be post voided and you can redo the transaction again without having to rescan everything. Just like a post void, this only works same-day, same-store. Mockups of New POS on Workbench show that this was in the works, but it's not available.
    • Print Gift Receipt
      • Unable to print a Gift Receipt from shipping orders, Order Pickups, or transactions made at another store. Possible on Classic POS.
    • Target Print Ad Match - On Classic POS, this would automatically change the price of an item scanned from a receipt to whatever the current sale price is and refunds the difference. Would only work for a current sale, and within two weeks of the date on the receipt.
    • Exchanges and Returns
      • Even Exchange/Sell Items - On Classic POS, on the refund screen where you select the refund tender, by selecting "K7 - Sell Items," you could make an exchange, or just ring up items in the same transaction as a return. If it's an even exchange, everything good to go. If the "exchange" is more or less than what their return was, they would pay or be refunded the difference.
      • Forced Exchanges - (Technically available on New POS, as it requires refunding to Merch Card, but not really. See Even Exchange/Sell Items.)
      • Receipt Lookup
        • On Classic POS, you could do a receipt lookup for a return off of a GiftCard or a Check. Not possible on New POS, only able to do a receipt lookup off of a Credit/Debit Card.
        • On Classic POS, you could do a card lookup during an in-progress return off a receipt, and vice versa, scan a receipt during a return off of a card.
      • Refund Tender
        • On Classic POS, you could refund a transaction paid in Cash to be credited to a Credit Card by pressing the generic "Credit" option on the Recommended Refund screen. Not possible on New POS, but it is still listed as an option on the Target.com refund guide.
  • Inquiry
    • Item Price Inquiry - On Classic POS, you could scan an item in the inquiry menu to get it's current in-store price, MSRP, and it's no-receipt return price. Mockups on New POS on Workbench show that this was in the works, but it's not available.
  • Request Help - On Classic POS, the Cashier could send an alert to the myDevice saying when they needed something. On New POS, the only options are "I need a Carry -out," "I need help," and "I need more Advocates," which replaces the Indyme button on the keyboard. As Cashiers aren't supposed to have a Walkie or myDevice, this would be useful. Some of the ones on Classic POS were:
    • I need... (a pen, item on hold, paper/plastic bags, receipt paper, spill, etc...)
    • Collect... (cold food, hangers full, paid & left, stray bin, street date, trash is full, etc...)
  • Suspend Transaction - On Classic POS, you could Suspend/Retrieve a Return, just like a Purchase. Not possible on New POS.
  • Other Functions
    • Guest IDs are unable to be swiped on the card reader like Classic POS. Only able to be scanned.
    • Receipt Viewer - App was supposed to be coming to New POS. Was seen in mockups throughout 2020 and 2021. Fun fact, this is actually hiding in POS, but not available. When opening up the four corners menu, Receipt Viewer is listed amongst the apps. This one is not exactly something that was on Classic POS. Classic had it's own receipt viewer called EJ Viewer, which came from the old InsidePOS

I'm hoping I don't have to do this again in another 6 months and many more features are added to New POS. But considering how long it took us to get Return Post-Voids, I'm not holding my breath.

See Who Needs Money
Also, add to MyDay to make everyone's life easier.

Suspend Transaction:
Needs to have the option to retrieve it from the register that went down on the new register you switched to. Should only work if you are/were the last one signed into both registers and didn't print out a slip. Great for when it freezes

Collect... (cold food, hangers full, paid & left, stray bin, street date, trash is full, etc...)
For street-dated items, it should alert anyone in that department as well as front-end TMs so they know to look for it and possibly remove it from the floor. Recalls would go to the entire store and also show up as a task to deal with.
Request Help
It should also have the ability to ask for a replacement. It would be a separate page in MyDay that it goes in and sends out an alert to the appropriate department. For example, if a shirt has a hole, milk is expired, or eggs are damaged. A TM would get the item and scan it to see if it matches and then would bring the item up.
"I need AP here" alert
Alert for "I need a MyCheckout Device and Printer" This alert would mainly be used on specialty registers if something isn't working properly.
Target Print Ad Match
There should also be something similar for .com matches. Price match should first ask if it's a .com item. If it is it automatically gets the price.
When an item has no price it should send an alert that more are on the floor and also retrieve the last known price at the store and automatically put it in. If the store doesn't have a price use .com
Guest IDs are unable to be swiped on the card reader like Classic POS. Only able to be scanned.
The keyboard scanned them not the card reader. New stores don't have keyboards. Not sure if the card reader can be used for that or not.

Other Functions
Ability to make fake errors so you can hold up the "guest" so AP or a lead can come and help in whatever situation calls for them
Leaders should be able to give any leader-only options to any TM by either approving it or, like MFA, have a code that changes every minute on the minute that can be entered by the TM

Save the Sale. Easier to use and any register could do it.
Save the Sale needs to get some of the information from a DL or Wallet barcode.

Remote restart function. There would be a minimum of 5 minutes to wait before it restarts, so it can be canceled from the register that you selected via a popup similar to the stay logged in one.

When the POS goes offline and the entire store has to switch to MyCheckouts there should be a feature where you can scan everything on the regular registers by scanning a code on the MCO to login. It would then print/show a slip similar to a suspend slip. The slip would have all the barcodes that the TM scanned and the MCO would convert them to the DPCI and get all the info. The TM would finish the transaction from the MCO
If possible because the new POS box has a USB C port there should be a way to use the MCO as a hotspot to get the regular register running again.

Last edited:
SCO app ideas
We all want an SCO app to make lives easier so here are some features I think would be useful to have in no particular order

• Ability to see
    • banking app to see how much of each bill/coin is in the machine
    • Who was the last TM to sign into the SCO
    • hardware status
      • Uptime status
    • what's been scanned and how many
    • TM discount added and what store/district they work for
      • Method used to scan the discount. Wallet or physical card
      • Cash, RedCard and what type, or gift card
    • Total paid
    • How they paid
  • Void an item by scanning it on the App and a barcode on the register
  • ID needed to scan would be the same but with the ID
  • Add gift receipt/own bag for the guest
  • Edit the price just by scanning the item and barcode on the SCO screen
  • Quantity add an item for a guest by scanning all of the items then the barcode on the SCO screen
  • "Pause" the transaction by showing the "TM is coming to help you" screen and a fake error to get a lead and or ap over without causing a scene. They would also get an alert if this one is used.
  • Move a transaction to a different SCO if needed. No suspend slip or signing into both registers.

The keyboard scanned them not the card reader. New stores don't have keyboards. Not sure if the card reader can be used for that or not.

Based on your join date to the Forum, I presume you never used Classic POS. As someone who actually used Classic POS for for sixteen months, Guests could swipe their IDs on the card reader.

Had any Coin Recycler Error(s) recently 626?/s

If possible because the new POS box has a USB C port there should be a way to use the MCO as a hotspot to get the regular register running again.
Your server room actually does have a backup SIM card in the machines to run the store in the event of an outage. With that said its very slow lol.
Based on your join date to the Forum, I presume you never used Classic POS. As someone who actually used Classic POS for for sixteen months, Guests could swipe their IDs on the card reader.
fr? I never knew this lol.

Back