MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Has anyone had an issue with the POS alerting you to a guest using a prepaid card? This has been happening with people using ApplePay. It would be great if it alerted you to someone using an actual prepaid card.
What do you mean alerting? If you mean when the full amount wasn't authorized then that's pretty handy. I have had peoples cash app authorize for only like 2 dollars and I didn't notice because the total barely changed.

What do you mean alerting? If you mean when the full amount wasn't authorized then that's pretty handy. I have had peoples cash app authorize for only like 2 dollars and I didn't notice because the total barely changed.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. This was for a return. When the guest was returning something using the app and they had paid with apple pay, I got an alert/popup calling it prepaid card.

Another cool thing I saw today. I accepted $500 cash in the instore checkout app and I got a pop up asking if I was putting cash in the drawer. Maybe that will reduce the number of cash card/K1 scams

Last edited:
I saw the prepaid thing the other day. My guess is it’s probably how the api is built & how Apple sets up Apple Pay. Since it’s a different card number it’s probably acting as a prepaid card but I was so confused when I saw it.

I saw the prepaid thing the other day. My guess is it’s probably how the api is built & how Apple sets up Apple Pay. Since it’s a different card number it’s probably acting as a prepaid card but I was so confused when I saw it.
The card number might start out with the same numbers for all Apple Pay transactions so Target might have made a mistake there

Another cool thing I saw today. I accepted $500 cash in the instore checkout app and I got a pop up asking if I was putting cash in the drawer. Maybe that will reduce the number of cash card/K1 scams
We (all signed into GS) got an alert when a guest tried to buy $1000 in gift cards.
It's the same damn sound as everything so expect it not to be looked at that much

Explain this issue
A guest uses Apple Pay on SCO. It authorizes part of the transaction
Checks bank account and the money is there
We void all payments and have the guest try again (in SCO mode) and it fails
We void all payments again and have them try in store mode, which works

They have coded the price match policy correctly into the registers today. Circle offers can now only be used on items at regular price. The problem is it is also coded into target.com, so if the item is on sale on target.com, you cant use any circle offers.

You can see an example of this with the Google Nest BOGO, the offer is simply impossible to use online as every item it applies to is also on sale, its only possible to use in store as the items are regular price.

They have coded the price match policy correctly into the registers today. Circle offers can now only be used on items at regular price. The problem is it is also coded into target.com, so if the item is on sale on target.com, you cant use any circle offers.

You can see an example of this with the Google Nest BOGO, the offer is simply impossible to use online as every item it applies to is also on sale, its only possible to use in store as the items are regular price.
Since .com is technically its own store and T####, is there not a way to code in exceptions to certain rules in certain locations?

Since .com is technically its own store and T####, is there not a way to code in exceptions to certain rules in certain locations?
Most likely, but that’s prolly just an oversight.

also
In my 3 Years @ Target i don’t think i’ve ever seen a single person use that deal

They FINALLY changed the screen when an ID is needed. It tells the guest to grab it and a TM will come. It even automatically goes back to SCO mode when scanned

giphy.gif

How does this happen
It looks like it could be a system error that caused it to temporarily not accept cash.
can we make it disable when needed on our own?
One of the comments says you can use the chatbot to have it disabled for a specific register.

Right now the only way to turn the cash option off and on is to submit a chatbot. Then one of the POS engineers does it manually.​
The chatbot path is something like this (sorry don’t have a Zebra in front of me): Routines>Service and Engagement>Checkout>Routines Question>then you enter your message about turning the cash option off. Message should include your store number, register number, and cash on/off with a reason
Ex: “T0003. REG 0160. Turn cash option off. Coin recycler broken and vendor coming out next week.”​
If you call the CSC, they’ll just tell you to do the above.​
Hopefully one day they’ll just have an option in the menu to turn it on/off.​

if you ask me, the register should lock until a TL logs in.

Back