MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Refund Tender
  • On Classic POS, you could refund a transaction paid in Cash to be credited to a Credit Card by pressing the generic "Credit" option on the Recommended Refund screen. Not possible on New POS, but it is still listed as an option on the Target.com refund guide.
Kinda old but they did update the refund guide to remove it as an option. It will not come to New POS. Too much liability.

Also, we can still technically do this (we as in the Corporation, but only TL and above) with the Return Override (formerly Make It Right Return).

Attachments

• IMG_7455.jpeg
    IMG_7455.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 52
Guests are going to hate that they will need to wait for a leader now just to get a gift card for a promo that they didn’t read correctly to begin with.

I do agree that the gift cards were being given out too leniently by some team members for basic inconveniences that don’t need a monetary reward.

But between adding a ton of price override restrictions, moving away from make it right, and now this it’s goes to show making it right for the guest isn’t profitable. Some of these guests play dumb with us and they know it. These policies have existed and not changed for a really long time, the guest just tries to barter on as many of them as possible.

A lot of times I don’t budge on return policies as they are pretty clearly defined on Target.com/on the guest receipt. Why should I make exceptions for these guests?

Guests are going to hate that they will need to wait for a leader now just to get a gift card for a promo that they didn’t read correctly to begin with.

I do agree that the gift cards were being given out too leniently by some team members for basic inconveniences that don’t need a monetary reward.

But between adding a ton of price override restrictions, moving away from make it right, and now this it’s goes to show making it right for the guest isn’t profitable. Some of these guests play dumb with us and they know it. These policies have existed and not changed for a really long time, the guest just tries to barter on as many of them as possible.

A lot of times I don’t budge on return policies as they are pretty clearly defined on Target.com/on the guest receipt. Why should I make exceptions for these guests?
We ran into this at our store today.

Our leadership didn't bother to tell guest service about any of these changes.

Back