MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Refund Tender
  • On Classic POS, you could refund a transaction paid in Cash to be credited to a Credit Card by pressing the generic "Credit" option on the Recommended Refund screen. Not possible on New POS, but it is still listed as an option on the Target.com refund guide.
Kinda old but they did update the refund guide to remove it as an option. It will not come to New POS. Too much liability.

Also, we can still technically do this (we as in the Corporation, but only TL and above) with the Return Override (formerly Make It Right Return).

Attachments

• IMG_7455.jpeg
    IMG_7455.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 52
Guests are going to hate that they will need to wait for a leader now just to get a gift card for a promo that they didn’t read correctly to begin with.

I do agree that the gift cards were being given out too leniently by some team members for basic inconveniences that don’t need a monetary reward.

But between adding a ton of price override restrictions, moving away from make it right, and now this it’s goes to show making it right for the guest isn’t profitable. Some of these guests play dumb with us and they know it. These policies have existed and not changed for a really long time, the guest just tries to barter on as many of them as possible.

A lot of times I don’t budge on return policies as they are pretty clearly defined on Target.com/on the guest receipt. Why should I make exceptions for these guests?

Guests are going to hate that they will need to wait for a leader now just to get a gift card for a promo that they didn’t read correctly to begin with.

I do agree that the gift cards were being given out too leniently by some team members for basic inconveniences that don’t need a monetary reward.

But between adding a ton of price override restrictions, moving away from make it right, and now this it’s goes to show making it right for the guest isn’t profitable. Some of these guests play dumb with us and they know it. These policies have existed and not changed for a really long time, the guest just tries to barter on as many of them as possible.

A lot of times I don’t budge on return policies as they are pretty clearly defined on Target.com/on the guest receipt. Why should I make exceptions for these guests?
We ran into this at our store today.

Our leadership didn't bother to tell guest service about any of these changes.

Things that would make the POS better

• Ability to see what 5% off the total would be (because certain items don't count and it's faster than doing math)
  • Ability to see everything scanned on the card reader or each register gets have the two-line display
  • Ability to somehow get a debit Circle Card without a blank check.
    • Possibly a QR code on the card reader that the guest scans to sign in with their bank and then gets a barcode we scan to print out the temporary card and set up a pin
  • Save the Sale on any register
  • Save the Sale using the guest driver's license or Wallet barcode to get the address
  • Use a guest driver's license to get their first and last name for signing up for Circle.
    • A button to use the first name and another to use the last name when typing the email for Cirle as most use at leat one or both in their email.
    • Common email domains like yahoo.com, gmail.com, outlook.com, icloud.com and many more. Stores should be able to make common domains that they see. Ex. local ISP and a company that many work for
  • Suspend a transaction on Guest Services
  • Guest Services working on MyCheckout
  • Merch Return cards working on Save the Sale
  • Ability to print a gift receipt for an OPU/DU
    • Make each store able to print a gift receipt from that "store" as OPU/DU is technically its own store
  • Out of Order signs that anyone can display digitally, especially for Self Checkout
  • See which register is requesting money from any register/MyDevice

Last edited:
Things that would make the POS better

• Guest Services working on MyCheckout

I don't see either of those two happening, and for good reason.

On the first one, There's no reason for Returns to be added to MCO. Corporate is trying to decrease usage of it as-is, not wanting stores to Linebust anymore (besides Ulta.) With them wanting to decrease use of MCO, that's not gonna happen.

No. Merch Cards will NOT be a thing for STS, as that partially defeats the purpose of "In-Store Credit" if it can be used to place an online order. You see, a Merch Card is a sort of "punishment," per se, of not having a receipt, and it must be used on an in-store purchase. Not for online. Allowing it to be used for an online order through STS defeats the purpose and would be a loophole for people to break policy.

Ability to see what 5% off the total would be (because certain items don't count and it's faster than doing math)
Agreed!
Ability to see everything scanned on the card reader or each register gets have the two-line display
This is probably done on purpose so people don't realize how much they're spending
  • Ability to somehow get a debit Circle Card without a blank check.
    • Possibly a QR code on the card reader that the guest scans to sign in with their bank and then gets a barcode we scan to print out the temporary card and set up a pin
Smart but probably just a liability issue. They don't want another Target Databreach lol
  • Save the Sale on any register
this was supposed to happen forever ago.
  • Suspend a transaction on Guest Services
This used to be a thing on classic POS. No REAL point until exchanges come in the next millennia
Thats intentional. Merch cards are usually related to scams and by allowing them online it allows for scams to be alot harder to track.
  • Out of Order signs that anyone can display digitally, especially for Self Checkout
Out of order is a bit much but I think "Closed" would be pretty good. eSCO had it. Probably an over sight / assumed that it wasn't a NEED.
  • See which register is requesting money from any register/MyDevice
You used to be able to do this on the POS. I think it was shown in the concept of new POS but its most likely because the POS doesn't have a memory of whats being requested. Its just pinging an internal Kafka API.

Do not all stores have 2x20 Line Displays at their registers? Every register in our store does. In fact, every Target I've been to up here has them. Seeing one without a Line Display would be weird imo.

Back