MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

They should update the hope you had fun on your Target run and expect more pay less message on the pin pad, like why don’t they promote the RedCard on it or Target Circle Deals. Might as well have it say something while we are scanning endless amounts of items after they skip or enter there circle.

The Registry Barcode off of Target.com works just fine though. I always now have the Guest open the website rather than calling a Lead to Override it.

The app doesn't have the registry. I had a guest with a registry return and that dumb barcode would not work at all. I couldn't get a leader over to help either. The guest decided to shop and come back later.

Does it bug anyone else how the green "modal" at the bottom will pop up and cover up vital information? For example when entering cash as a partial payment the green will pop up and cover up the remaining balance for about 3-4 seconds. Or every time I check out on SCO and scan my wallet barcode the green "target circle added" will pop up and cover the pay button for a few seconds. It just seems like bad UX.

Unfortunately, it seems like it's gonna be a long while before the rest of Fix a Mistake is on New POS. The "What's New" page on Workbench was updated like 4 or 5 days ago, and these were added. Before, Missed Coupon, Missed Discount, and Wrong Payment weren't mentioned. Now they are, but with very haphazard ways of doing them.

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 8.18.16 PM.png

The section on Exchanges was also updated, now talking about the "New Exchange Process" known as, (sigh) returning and rebuying. Uggh. This makes me worried that Exchanges, along with the rest of Fix a Mistake, won't be coming for a long time, if at all, which would not be a good thing.

One thing that happened the other day. Something happened at the SCO like it wasn’t scanning, so I suspended the transaction and reloading the app. Our receipt paper for the one SCO is super faded so the barcode doesn’t work. Tried typing in the Receipt number into SCO produce section and it doesn’t work anymore so then I go into the store mode and do no barcode option and it says “scan a suspended receipt to retrieve a suspended transaction” or something along those lines. Like hello duhh I can’t scan it that’s why I typed it in. I just used a little script I made on my phone to make a barcode and used that but I think that that should not be the case if I need to type it in. Kinda weird.

One thing that happened the other day. Something happened at the SCO like it wasn’t scanning, so I suspended the transaction and reloading the app. Our receipt paper for the one SCO is super faded so the barcode doesn’t work. Tried typing in the Receipt number into SCO produce section and it doesn’t work anymore so then I go into the store mode and do no barcode option and it says “scan a suspended receipt to retrieve a suspended transaction” or something along those lines. Like hello duhh I can’t scan it that’s why I typed it in. I just used a little script I made on my phone to make a barcode and used that but I think that that should not be the case if I need to type it in. Kinda weird.
in MyDay Help section you can report faded printer and they'll come out and replace it... on behalf of GS everywhere... please report it

in MyDay Help section you can report faded printer and they'll come out and replace it... on behalf of GS everywhere... please report it

I did that for a bunch of the Lanes and SCOs at my store like two months ago, and it has made Service Desk sooooo much easier. Having to type in Receipt IDs is never fun, especially now on a touchscreen. Now if only our sister store would do the same for their printers...

Yeah we have multiple times. Our stores getting remodeled so idk if that affects it but it’s been doing this since probably September…
specifically mention in the ticket "attempted to clean, did not fix, replacement needed", that should work
I did that for a bunch of the Lanes and SCOs at my store like two months ago, and it has made Service Desk sooooo much easier. Having to type in Receipt IDs is never fun, especially now on a touchscreen. Now if only our sister store would do the same for their printers...
I wish there was a way to report it for other stores lol

Yeah we have multiple times. Our stores getting remodeled so idk if that affects it but it’s been doing this since probably September…

That's gotta suck. When I reported ours a few months ago, a NCR Rep literally came like two hours later to see what was up. We got the SCO printers fixed by NCR the next morning, and within a week, the Checklanes with bad printers got new parts/were replaced by NCR. Maybe its an MN thing, maybe we were lucky, maybe you guys just aren't lucky.

For us NCR usually comes within a day or two for SCO and whoever replaced compucom comes for the check lanes within a few days

Jack Mallers of Strike partners with NCR for merchant's like Walmart to accept Bitcoin later this year. Target was on the teaser image, but not the list of merchants, so they must be doing it at their own pace, so next year? Seems pretty trivial to implement with how modern our POS is now though.

Always fun to see that major corporations are getting behind what is at best a pyramid scheme and at worst a serious danger to our environment (every Bitcoin transaction cost about a hundred dollars in electricity).

Debate moved to PM. Let's focus on the facts. Target will save loads of money not having to pay interchange fees, perhaps maybe give an initial discount of 2-3% to promote using this technology that will save them lots in the long run. It's a no brainer!

how will BTC refunds work? for that matter, how do you physically pay with BTC?
That's a good question. They could just return it to your strike account. Which brings up a point that if sending is instant, so is receiving, which means no more waiting 3 business days for a return. 🎉

In the video I linked there was a demo of different ways to pay in the store (depending on the merchants type of register) Like through a customer facing screen, or a barcode scan just like the Target Wallet.

Back