MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

When I scanned a receipt to change a price, I hit “Wrong price” and entered the new price and it offered to refund the amount minus the difference lol.
Item was $69.99 but rang up $79.99.
Entered $69.99 as new price.
It said to refund $75.76. Lol what??
For some reason, on New POS when doing Fix a Mistake Wrong Price, you can only do $ off or % off. You can’t just enter the new price for some reason. I learned that the hard way without noticing back when my store was pilot testing it back in December.

I discovered that same thing today as well. Funny.
New glitch I discovered: If a guest is returning an item with a receipt from an old POS even exchange (or return/purchase), it says “receipt not found” when it’s scanned. Has to be overridden.
It's not a glitch. New pos never recognized exchanges. It can't process it or look up wrong price/exchange transactions from classic. Exchanges/wrong price with classic don't show up on the original form of payment or receipt. They need the exchange receipt to process but only on classic. That's why new pos wrong price doesn't process an exchange. It refunds the difference from the original receipt so the guest can use the original receipt/payment.

For some reason, on New POS when doing Fix a Mistake Wrong Price, you can only do $ off or % off. You can’t just enter the new price for some reason. I learned that the hard way without noticing back when my store was pilot testing it back in December.
When it rolled out in January it had all 3 wrong price methods, Key price/ $off/ %off. Then 2 weeks later they changed it because it key price would show up in price change as the price difference.

Last edited:
LOL. I phrased that wrong. If the myCheckout linebuster was webbased it would run like straight shit. Not that its very fast now but if it was just a webapp we would need a blessing from spot.

Also found a bug within the new POS. It was a gift receipt and a apple pencil and AirPods (but on two different receipts) but on both of them strangely they would say "refund due $0.00" but its like $130 pencil. I had to hit "Adjust fee" or you do it as a MiRR.

Speaking of which what tf does adjust fee do? Do we charge fees? (other than prepaid phones)

They might have paid with Circle earnings and if that is the case, they should get $0 back. Target circle earnings should return to the guest in a couple of days.

When I scanned a receipt to change a price, I hit “Wrong price” and entered the new price and it offered to refund the amount minus the difference lol.
Item was $69.99 but rang up $79.99.
Entered $69.99 as new price.
It said to refund $75.76. Lol what??
make sure you're not entering dollar off. that to me looks like you did $69.99 off plus tax

Has anyone done a forced exchange yet? I forgot to post when I did but the guest wanted to do an air mattress exchange and the system gives a prompt saying that the item must be resold to the guest so after the return I think it does open the checkout by itself but I cannot remember.
Also I was training someone today and there’s a prompt when you try to do your own return which I thought was decent. Not as decent as having exchanges but still…

I'm struggling to see why it was intentional though. Like...a TM shouldn't have to do pull out a calculator to do the math to make sure the guest is getting the proper refund....a refund that is usually only a few bucks vs the almost full price refund that would be given if a TM isn't paying close attention.
yeah no 100 percent agree. But like that little side screen edit price button shows up like once or twice so it makes sense to copy and paste code around. You can't just design that UNintentionally (unless someone really missed a memo)

So you admit such a feature came in handy when your team needed it.
I rered this and just realized
so you agree regina george GIF

Return Post-Voids are finally on New POS, but they are locked behind the "Make it right return" Override method, so only TL+ can Post Void returns.

One step forward, two steps back...

Return Post-Voids are finally on New POS, but they are locked behind the "Make it right return" Override method, so only TL+ can Post Void returns.

One step forward, two steps back...
Does it actually postvoid or is it just a reason? Like the reason you have to make it right is because you cannot postvoid.

I wish typing any numbers on the Target Circle screen automatically clicked the white box. People literally get scared of the error sounds and then click skip. 💀
I thought this aswell. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement, matter of "did the user mean to do this and can we get sued" because on the red screen there are some terms

Back